Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Shoots, Kills Instructor at Gun Range

+6
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://time.com/3183289/9-year-old-girl-accidently-shoots-kills-gun-range-instructor-uzi/

Sal

Sal

Here's some pics from his FB page ....

9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Shoots, Kills Instructor at Gun Range A-fool10

9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Shoots, Kills Instructor at Gun Range A-fool11

9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Shoots, Kills Instructor at Gun Range A-fool12

Darwin claimed another.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There is no reason for a nine year old to learn to shoot an Uzi. The girl's parents were apparently having a good time recording video of their macho-daughter firing the weapon.

This happened in Arizona, so nobody should be surprised.

You are right in your assertion that Darwin prevailed here. Too bad the girl and her parents will have to live with the results of this the rest of their lives.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

QUESTION: Are there any right-wingers reading this who believe a 9 year old should be firing an Uzi under any circumstances?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Sal

Sal

My heart bleeds for the little girl.

She's being raised by imbeciles.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

There are apparently no age limits for handling such weapons? This is left up to the judgement of parents? The gun range had no limits either I guess? So much for common sense. Even a good guy with a gun wouldn't have fixed this. So sad and completely preventable.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:QUESTION:  Are there any right-wingers reading this who believe a 9 year old should be firing an Uzi under any circumstances?

Nope.

Hard to believe that guy was an instructor. It would be cool if darwin had his own little heaven... lol.

Sal

Sal

I hear getting brain stains out of Hello Kitty dresses is a real bitch.

Maybe, the NRA can offer some advice.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:I hear getting brain stains out of Hello Kitty dresses is a real bitch.

Maybe, the NRA can offer some advice.

A proper description with visual aids will likely be the centerfold for the next NRA-boy Magazine.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what might have been in the minds of the parents. "Oh, isn't that cute. Our little girl firing her first Uzi. Let's frame it for the dining room."

Snyderfish

Snyderfish

Bob wrote:QUESTION:  Are there any right-wingers reading this who believe a 9 year old should be firing an Uzi under any circumstances?

I have never shot an Uzi so I can't answer that. Regardless, the instructor really screwed up. Should have never let her shoot unassisted (I am making an assumption that is what happened). Poor girl.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what might have been in the minds of the parents.  "Oh, isn't that cute.  Our little girl firing her first Uzi.  Let's frame it for the dining room."  

They were probably going to post the video on YouTube. Freaks...

Markle

Markle

Tragic accident. The poor girl will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

Sal

Sal

This was tweeted yesterday ....

9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Shoots, Kills Instructor at Gun Range Screen27

Psychos ....

by Bob Yesterday at 12:15 pm
QUESTION: Are there any right-wingers reading this who believe a 9 year old should be firing an Uzi under any circumstances?

---
That's a good age to start them out. I would be helping the kid shoot.
You can use supported stances to ensure control the weapon and things like this don't happen.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
You can use supported stances to ensure control the weapon and things like this don't happen.

I hear Bullets and Burgers is hiring.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:That's a good age to start them out. I would be helping the kid shoot.

It's like I'm watching natural selection play out in real time.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Bob Yesterday at 12:15 pm

---

You never disappoint us, pacedog. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Why is a 9-year-old firing an Uzi?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/27/opinion/robbins-why-was-child-firing-uzi/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

....Should a fourth-grader be legally allowed to shoot an Uzi? The only answer to that question is: Hell fricking NO -- it should be against the law....

....This is a fully automatic machine gun developed by the Israeli army. It is capable of firing 600 to 650 bullets a minute....

....Kids can't drive until they're 16, vote, chew tobacco or smoke until they're 18, or drink until they're 21. No child should have access to firing a fully automatic weapon until the age of 18. And gun ranges should know better than to hand one to a novice shooter passing through on vacation, let alone one as young as 9....

Was it wise for the Republican-lead government of George W. Bush to not extend the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons ban before it expired in September of 2004? Another great act by Dubya The Decider--his father was the one who signed that legislation into law.

According to poster Markle, this is just another "tragic accident." And PaceDog thinks age 9 is a good age to introduce youngsters to assault weapons. I think those two ideologues responded about like we would expect.
Rolling Eyes

2seaoat

I started shooting in NRA sponsored events when I was 10. I started shooting at a gun club when I was 5. My father and all my instructors stressed safety. My father was a stickler for gun safety at the club, and while we hunted. I never used a gun as a play thing, and always considered it to be dangerous and requiring a great deal of safe choices. Any Automatic weapon being given to somebody under 10 years of age requires extraordinary safeguards, and in my opinion the risks outweigh any possible benefit. The NRA used to a great organization which dealt with gun safety. This tragedy could have been avoided.

More people are killed with cars by people of age to drive them ... Gonna ban them as well

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:More people are killed with cars by people of age to drive them ... Gonna ban them as well

Depends on what the "them" is in your question.

If it's cars no I would never ban cars.

If it's banning 9 year olds from driving cars, yes I would ban that. In fact that's already the law. Has been since about 1920 or so. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What will be interesting are how the lawsuits play out. I hope the owner of the gun range had a good liability policy. A huge judgment (maybe more than one) will be levied here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum