Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dillon Taylor

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dillon Taylor Empty Dillon Taylor 8/25/2014, 4:49 pm

nadalfan

I posted this the other day on one of the threads when someone complained that the media did not report the death of Dillon Taylor:

I agree, the media should also be reporting this. They should be talking about as many questionable police shootings as they can.

Something that really bothers me though, is that some of these same right wing websites and their followers that are claiming the media doesn't cover the shooting of a white kid by a black cop are implying that the police did something wrong. But in the Michael Brown shooting, instead of writing about the police's conduct, like releasing a video that turned out to be irrelevant to the shooting, or stating that multiple eye witnesses saw essentially the same thing, or using an anonymous person's radio show account as the official word of the police, or running with the orbital eye fracture, they imply that Michael Brown had it coming.

We should all be asking questions about the use of excessive force by all police officers.

Addicting info and Raw Story published the story, also demanding the right to know what happened. Look at the difference in the headlines and content from the different sites

I would add that the right wing sites that are complaining about the media have not made an issue of Taylor's "thuggish" background:

There was a warrant out for his arrest and had stated on his FB page that he did not want to go back to jail
"Taylor pleaded guilty in 2012 to robbery and obstructing justice after he and another person stole a tip jar from a restaurant and then a 30-pack of beer about an hour later.

"He threatened to shoot a witness to the theft, and then he threatened to shoot one of his accomplices and their wife or daughter about a month after the incident."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/15/cops-gun-down-headphones-wearing-utah-man-because-he-wouldnt-comply-with-orders/

To me, his past behavior isn't an issue in the shooting, but when the shooting victim has been black, their background has certainly been fair play by these same sites and their followers.

People on these forums are stating things about the shooting of Michael Brown as if they were facts, even though there has not been a report from the police or an eye witness backing "Josie's" account (whoever she is), and despite multiple witnesses stating Brown had his hands up.

2Dillon Taylor Empty Re: Dillon Taylor 8/25/2014, 4:52 pm

2seaoat

We should all be asking questions about the use of excessive force by all police officers.

agree

3Dillon Taylor Empty Re: Dillon Taylor 8/25/2014, 7:44 pm

2seaoat wrote:We should all be asking questions about the use of excessive force by all police officers.

agree

You are a large part of the problem... not only do you attempt to divide by race... you distract from the police issue.

Your pasty old white ass wouldn't last ten minutes in the hood.

4Dillon Taylor Empty Re: Dillon Taylor 8/25/2014, 8:18 pm

2seaoat

Your pasty old white ass wouldn't last ten minutes in the hood.

You mean when I get up and speak......nobody will listen, or do you think I should be a fraidy cat........you are a funny guy......you amuse me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum