Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US oil production reaches 28 year high in May. In December 2013, the US met 90% of its energy demand - the highest level since 1985.

+5
gatorfan
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/19/us-oil-production-booms-while-opec-flounders/

But in the divorced-from-reality GOP world, we have actually seen a reduction in US oil production?

Will GOP supporters ever remove the blinders?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Actually, I stand corrected. US oil production hit a 44 year high this year.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/37afc468-f48f-11e3-a143-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3BPmcy3jn

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

From the article:

"....Last year, the U.S. was able to meet 87 percent of its own energy needs, including being able to meet 90 percent of its own energy needs in December — the most since March 1985. EIA expects crude oil output to average 8.46 million barrels per day this year, but increase to 9.24 million barrels per day on average in 2015...."  

Isn't that news sweet? The ongoing energy boom is helping the U.S. stay out of recession. But, since all of this is happening on Barack Obama's watch, wingnuts like poster Markle keep grousing about how Obama will not open up more federal lands to leasing by energy companies.

I think Senator Marco Rubio should make the leasing of federal lands issue one of his primary election platforms for his 2016 campaign. He should declare that he will open up ALL federal lands for energy development--you know, the ones Obama is holding back on--so America can exploit all of its natural resources. Start with the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) and the Eastern Gulf or Mexico. With Rubio being from Florida, he should be able to reason with those Floridians that drilling platforms won't harm the environment or tourism. Alaska experienced a massive oil spill already--but that was back in 1990, and they are way up in the north, out of the way.

I think poster Markle should keep pushing his "drilling on federal lands" meme, as it is really the best thing for our country's future, and for ratcheting-up Republican political prospects!

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 8/25/2014, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Praise be to Obama!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

And while ISIS threatens stability in Iraq, threatening the gains made in Iraqi oil production, post-Saddam, who exactly needs that Iraqi oil? China does!

If you read Boards' first article, a primary theme that can be taken from it is that oil production in most OPEC countries is suffering declines. Their declines are, for now anyway, being offset by production gains in the U.S., Brazil, and Canada.

Mexico's recent massive declines in petroleum production are soon going to be reversed, since the Mexican government passed a law to open up the country to foreign oil companies. Mexican declines were largely due to poor management by the very corrupt state-run oil company, PEMEX. Mexico has massive unconventional shale reserves, and with an influx of American technology, they will be booming again by 2020.

It is very simple--the U.S., Canada, and Mexico need to form a cartel. We can sell oil to the world at extravagant prices, just like OPEC has done.

Booms eventually bust, so in the meantime, while we have this new energy supply coming online, we need to continue initiatives in efficiency, like moving transportation off of diesel and onto CNG/LNG (truck fleets, trains, and maritime transportation), keep moving toward gas-electric hybrids in personal vehicles, and learn to use less petroleum overall to help the climate and so we are ready when this supply runs out later in the current century. The future of energy has always been a renewable one.

2seaoat

It is very simple--the U.S., Canada, and Mexico need to form a cartel. We can sell oil to the world at extravagant prices, just like OPEC has done.

The only one that helps is Russia. If however, the US lets its products flood the Market, Russia is in for some cold winters the next few years, and the Putin false bravado of ample foreign currency will become Putin the Oligarchs puppet.......bending over and kissing Western Europe's asz. I am seeing a great many electric cars, and now with my frequent visits to Northwestern, I can say without a doubt the most popular vehicle in downtown Chicago is the Toyota Prius. In the two years I have made my monthly visits, I have seen their numbers double. As Americans are buying the new Ford and Chevy fuel efficient vehicles we will close the gap further, and flood the market such that Russia will be starving for hard currency, and will be stuck with the lack of economic diversity as their corrupt crony capitalism falters.

2seaoat

Praise be to Obama!

The President has been doing a stellar job and deserves your praise, however much of our economic boom is the simple discovery of specialized rubber bladders which more efficiently crack oil and gas producing strata. On paper there have been few economic recoveries in American history which have the duration and steady growth than the President's years in the White House.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Praise be to Obama!

The President has been doing a stellar job and deserves your praise, however much of our economic boom is the simple discovery of specialized rubber bladders which more efficiently crack oil and gas producing strata.   On paper there have been few economic recoveries in American history which have the duration and steady growth than the President's years in the White House.

You need to stop, Seaoat, before you give posters Markle and PaceDopg a heart-attack!!!! Razz

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bump.

gatorfan

Too bad U.S. consumers aren't benefiting but with all the gas being shipped to other countries U.S. stockpiles are shrinking.

And Big Oil reaps even more profit and still gets billions in subsidies thanks to their whores in D.C.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

gatorfan wrote:Too bad U.S. consumers aren't benefiting but with all the gas being shipped to other countries U.S. stockpiles are shrinking.

And Big Oil reaps even more profit and still gets billions in subsidies thanks to their whores in D.C.

Exports of LNG and refined products (Congress will not allow U.S. crude oil to be exported) are helping to reduce the U.S. trade deficit. I read that in this week's copy of the Oil & Gas Journal just yesterday.

And Big Oil (the Majors) are not the biggest players in the Shale Boom. Independents are the headliners here. Yes, they get the same subsidies, etc.

It's not just oil companies who benefit from current energy policies. Thousands upon thousands of ordinary Americans benefit from some obscure relative who happened to own mineral rights that they bequeathed to heirs down the line. Some folks get lots of money from these arrangements; some not so much. Some will never benefit if the MRs are not leased or produced from. My point is, the system in place does not just benefit the big folks.  

Markle

Markle

And, as my Progressive good friends will finally grudgingly admit is due to the vast increase in oil and gas production on STATE AND PRIVATE land, much to the consternation of semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama.

Thank PRIVATE landowners, the STATES and private business for the increases. Something which REALLY must stick in the craw of President Obama.

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:And while ISIS threatens stability in Iraq, threatening the gains made in Iraqi oil production, post-Saddam, who exactly needs that Iraqi oil? China does!

If you read Boards' first article, a primary theme that can be taken from it is that oil production in most OPEC countries is suffering declines. Their declines are, for now anyway, being offset by production gains in the U.S., Brazil, and Canada.

Mexico's recent massive declines in petroleum production are soon going to be reversed, since the Mexican government passed a law to open up the country to foreign oil companies. Mexican declines were largely due to poor management by the very corrupt state-run oil company, PEMEX. Mexico has massive unconventional shale reserves, and with an influx of American technology, they will be booming again by 2020.

Booms eventually bust, so in the meantime, while we have this new energy supply coming online, we need to continue initiatives in efficiency, like moving transportation off of diesel and onto CNG/LNG (truck fleets, trains, and maritime transportation), keep moving toward gas-electric hybrids in personal vehicles, and learn to use less petroleum overall to help the climate and so we are ready when this supply runs out later in the current century. The future of energy has always been a renewable one.

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:And, as my Progressive good friends will finally grudgingly admit is due to the vast increase in oil and gas production on STATE AND PRIVATE land, much to the consternation of semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama.

Thank PRIVATE landowners, the STATES and private business for the increases.  Something which REALLY must stick in the craw of President Obama.

No one is admitting anything, dumbass, except in your warped mind. You don't even understand the subject matter.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:And, as my Progressive good friends will finally grudgingly admit is due to the vast increase in oil and gas production on STATE AND PRIVATE land, much to the consternation of semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama.

Thank PRIVATE landowners, the STATES and private business for the increases.  Something which REALLY must stick in the craw of President Obama.

No one is admitting anything, dumbass, except in your warped mind.  You don't even understand the subject matter.

In Markle's case, ideology always supersedes common sense and logic.  That is why ideologues are called "lemmings" and "sheep."

Markle

Markle

Once again, Floridatexan and ZVUGKTUBM, my Progressive good friends have no rebuttal, can't refute my points so again they resort to childish name calling and their fun attempts at intimidation.

Cute try.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Once again, Floridatexan and ZVUGKTUBM, my Progressive good friends have no rebuttal, can't refute my points so again they resort to childish name calling and their fun attempts at intimidation.

Cute try.

Why should Obama give a damn about oil production on state or private property? C'mon, get real. Under Obama oil production is up.

Guess that makes you soil your underwear, right? LOL

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:Once again, Floridatexan and ZVUGKTUBM, my Progressive good friends have no rebuttal, can't refute my points so again they resort to childish name calling and their fun attempts at intimidation.

Cute try.

Why should Obama give a damn about oil production on state or private property? C'mon, get real. Under Obama oil production is up.

Guess that makes you soil your underwear, right? LOL

Does it you?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum