Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why does this commercial make me want to break things? Is it just me?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

I hear this at least 20 times per day on ESPN radio and each time I have to fight back the urge to puke.

You may be surprised at the tourist attraction to the amazing golf courses in michigan... people tour until the snow flies.

I always thght I'd play golf if I had trouble covering a tennis court... but I don't like taking the four hours to do it.

I play about once or twice a year... and must have a designated driver to get home... the same as bowling.

Sal

Sal

Golf, in general, makes me want to break things.

When people ask me if I golf, my standard answer is, "I own golf clubs but I can't go any further than that.".

dumpcare

Yes, golf sucks, the last time I played must have been 30 yrs ago, it was 110 and I liked to died.

If you haven't been to Michigan don't knock it.

It really is gorgeous except for the winter... and even it has some limited charms.

2seaoat

It really is gorgeous except for the winter... and even it has some limited charms.

It is almost spiritual. I had the privilege to play Crystal Downs which many find a top ten course in America. The beauty is breathtaking. Western Michigan overlooking Lake Michigan with beautiful natural dunes is stunning. I have a group of friends who travel to Michigan each year to play golf. I have played all over the United States, and few places are more perfect than late August and early September on the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan.

Golf requires a high level of hand and eye coordination. It is hard. It is not a game for everybody. However, those commercials work as Michigan golf is solid, while one golf course a day is closing in America. Young people cannot afford the sport, and few can develop the skill set. A beautiful golf course on Avalon sits in weeds because golf economics cannot support current courses. A course ten miles from where I live now turned to weeds this summer because they could not make the economics work. The truth is the babyboomers are dying.......and the great expansion of golf under babyboomers is seriously retracting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum