Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The only solution to ISIS

+4
gatorfan
boards of FL
knothead
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The only solution to ISIS Empty The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 9:04 am

http://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2014/08/gen-allen-destroy-islamic-state-now/92012/

I doubt the COWH/person who supplied these people with their weapons is going to attack his fellow Muslims.

2The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 9:21 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2014/08/gen-allen-destroy-islamic-state-now/92012/

I doubt the COWH/person who supplied these people with their weapons is going to attack his fellow Muslims.

Well ISIS is just a jv team.

3The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 10:20 am

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2014/08/gen-allen-destroy-islamic-state-now/92012/

Thank you Sgt. Wilko . . . . .

4The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 10:23 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

GOP 2014! Because the first $1 trillion dollar occupation achieved so much, we should do it again!

5The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 10:37 am

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:GOP 2014!  Because the first $1 trillion dollar occupation achieved so much, we should do it again!

Meanwhile back at Reality Ranch, this administrations SecDef just opened the door to invading Syria by floating the idea publicly in a typical sideways manner. The proverbial sticking a finger in the air to see which way the public opinion wind is blowing.

It's not hard to read between the lines.....

6The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 10:43 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

....And PaceDog complains that we insult him for posting shit like this rather than debating him on the merits of the information posted.....

I think my head is going to explode now....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 10:48 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I wish George W. Bush's team could have been given a crystal ball back in 2001 so they could look ahead and see what their foolish invasion of Iraq was going to eventually conceive. I doubt it would have stopped the warmongers in his administration from carrying out their dreadful plans, however.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 11:07 am

gatorfan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I wish George W. Bush's team could have been given a crystal ball back in 2001 so they could look ahead and see what their foolish invasion of Iraq was going to eventually conceive. I doubt it would have stopped the warmongers in his administration from carrying out their dreadful plans, however.

I always thought invading was a mistake, probably not for the same reasons as you but whatever. The interesting thing is you forget all the country's that agreed with intelligence estimates Bush was provided, and in fact their own intelligence agencies were synched to the same conclusions.

But you now have the advantage of condemning the decision based on your perfect 20-20 hindsight.

Perhaps you will use the same 20-20 hindsight in a few years to condemn Obama's failed Mideast policies - or lack of same.

Last edited by gatorfan on 8/22/2014, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

9The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 11:08 am

dumpcare

True Z they should left it alone now I even agree with this general:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/general-destroy-islamic-state-now_803547.html

10The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 11:17 am

Sal

Sal

Just because a lot of people agreed with the intelligence surrounding Iraq does not mean a plurality around the world or even in the United States supported a full-on invasion and occupation.

The Saddam threat was effectively contained and the invasion and occupation have had disastrous consequences.

ISIS can be even more easily weakened and contained than Saddam.

11The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 11:20 am

gatorfan

Sal wrote:Just because a lot of people agreed with the intelligence surrounding Iraq does not mean a plurality around the world or even in the United States supported a full-on invasion and occupation.

ISIS can be even more easily weakened and contained than Saddam.

I didn't support it and have always said so.

12The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 11:28 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For a long time I've believed the whole problem originated with the "West" and it's colonial foreign policy in dealing with that whole region of the world. That foreign policy can be described as pretty much anything goes to keep the middle eastern oil flowing back to the "West". Beginning with the United States led overthrow of the Iranian government in 1953.

But now the "IS" is making me realize the problem goes beyond that. I now see another important component in all this tragedy is a psychotic gutter religion. It's as psychotic as anything the modern world has ever experienced.

13The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 11:29 am

I don't think we need to look that far back to lament our choices and the results. Perhaps toppling lybia and running arms to syrian rebels was a bad idea... it certainly had negative consequences... and they've been taking over our equipment as they marched across iraq. I think it would be stupid to go into syria... let our happenstance new allies assad and putin handle that like we should've from the start. Military adventurism must end.

14The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 11:42 am

Sal

Sal

ISIS has been around and doing what they do for a long time.

They started in Jordan before 9/11.

They've been flowing up and down the Euphrates River filling power vacuums ever since.

Their big breaks came in the form of the U.S. invasion of Iraq and the not unrelated Syrian Civil War.

Over the years they've learned that the more savagery and brutality they display the more their influence and reputation grows.

Despite all the criticism, this group received little to nothing from the United States.

They've been armed and financed largely by our good "friends" the Saudis.

15The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 6:25 pm

gatorfan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I wish George W. Bush's team could have been given a crystal ball back in 2001 so they could look ahead and see what their foolish invasion of Iraq was going to eventually conceive. I doubt it would have stopped the warmongers in his administration from carrying out their dreadful plans, however.

I always thought invading was a mistake, probably not for the same reasons as you but whatever. The interesting thing is you forget all the country's that agreed with intelligence estimates Bush was provided, and in fact their own intelligence agencies were synched to the same conclusions.

But you now have the advantage of condemning the decision based on your perfect 20-20 hindsight.

Perhaps you will use the same 20-20 hindsight in a few years to condemn Obama's failed Mideast policies - or lack of same.

OR all of the current talking head democrats they push forth as POTUS candidates for 2016 who agreed as well....

16The only solution to ISIS Empty Re: The only solution to ISIS 8/22/2014, 6:27 pm

Sal wrote:ISIS has been around and doing what they do for a long time.

They started in Jordan before 9/11.

They've been flowing up and down the Euphrates River filling power vacuums ever since.

Their big breaks came in the form of the U.S. invasion of Iraq and the not unrelated Syrian Civil War.

Over the years they've learned that the more savagery and brutality they display the more their influence and reputation grows.

Despite all the criticism, this group received little to nothing from the United States.

They've been armed and financed largely by our good "friends" the Saudis.

They are NEW.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum