Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Militarization of the civilian police forces

+2
Markle
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The defense department is giving grants to local police departments of used military equipment. I understand not throwing away still useable equipment, but our founding fathers clearly warned us about where we are going as we create a standing army in this country where citizens are the enemy. Good people have to stand up and say enough.

2seaoat

They are saying that simple arrest warrants being served in ST.Louis County, are no longer served without military equipment and a swat team. The Barnies have taken over and Andy has left the building. The American citizens are allowing the tail to wag the dog. People have to stand up everywhere this process is taking place. Local sheriffs have to be voted out of office who militarize local counties. Citizens have to say enough.

Markle

Markle

Why the concern? You voted for it.

2seaoat

I voted for Johnson.....a Republican and I would not vote for President Obama or Romney. The militarization of our civilian police forces is an epidemic which must be met with outrage from citizens. It is time to throw the barneys out and get the common sense of Andy back in leadership.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I voted for Johnson.....a Republican and I would not vote for President Obama or Romney.   The militarization of our civilian police forces is an epidemic which must be met with outrage from citizens.   It is time to throw the barneys out and get the common sense of Andy back in leadership.

I did the same in 2012.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:They are saying that simple arrest warrants being served in ST.Louis County, are no longer served without military equipment and a swat team.   The Barnies have taken over and Andy has left the building.  The American citizens are allowing the tail to wag the dog.  People have to stand up everywhere this process is taking place.  Local sheriffs have to be voted out of office who militarize local counties.   Citizens have to say enough.

At the very least it would seem to be a better idea to issue these military vehicles and weapons to the various state National Guard Units? At least then the governor would have to call them out or the President depending on the situation.

As someone pointed out last night that the scene in MO looked like a war zone with cops pointing presumably loaded high powered weapons AT people in the crowd, not over their heads or pointing skyward. Sounds like an accident waiting for a place/time to happen.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:They are saying that simple arrest warrants being served in ST.Louis County, are no longer served without military equipment and a swat team.   The Barnies have taken over and Andy has left the building.  The American citizens are allowing the tail to wag the dog.  People have to stand up everywhere this process is taking place.  Local sheriffs have to be voted out of office who militarize local counties.   Citizens have to say enough.

At the very least it would seem to be a better idea to issue these military vehicles and weapons to the various state National Guard Units? At least then the governor would have to call them out or the President depending on the situation.

As someone pointed out last night that the scene in MO looked like a war zone with cops pointing presumably loaded high powered weapons AT people in the crowd, not over their heads or pointing skyward. Sounds like an accident waiting for a place/time to happen.

Weapons with rubber bullets.

I have no probable with protests and marches.

I see absolutely no reason for bottle throwing, molotov cocktails, looting, stealing and burning down businesses. It is the responsibility of the police to defend the city against this destructive and dangerous behaviour.

2seaoat

I see absolutely no reason for bottle throwing, molotov cocktails, looting, stealing and burning down businesses. It is the responsibility of the police to defend the city against this destructive and dangerous behaviour.

If your grandchildren in ten years are shot down in the street for not getting on the fuc//////// sidewalk......you might have a different viewpoint. Sadly, if good Americans do not stand up and stop this militarization of our civilian police, none of our grandchildren will be safe.....black or white.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I voted for Johnson.....a Republican and I would not vote for President Obama or Romney.   The militarization of our civilian police forces is an epidemic which must be met with outrage from citizens.   It is time to throw the barneys out and get the common sense of Andy back in leadership.

Your bud, Barney Frank, is no longer in Office.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I see absolutely no reason for bottle throwing, molotov cocktails, looting, stealing and burning down businesses. It is the responsibility of the police to defend the city against this destructive and dangerous behaviour.

If your grandchildren in ten years are shot down in the street for not getting on the fuc//////// sidewalk......you might have a different viewpoint.  Sadly, if good Americans do not stand up and stop this militarization of our civilian police, none of our grandchildren will be safe.....black or white.

Bull shit.......why should my families anguish and suffering justify uncivilized behaviour and destruction of property that has nothing to do with anything.

2seaoat

No, I was kinda thinking of you hanging your yellow century 21 blazer up and becoming a deputy......I do not know why I cannot get that vision out of my head......officer Markle......why did you shoot an unarmed man down in daylight on an American Street when he had his hands up..........cuz Barney Frank retired.....no it is going to be hard to get rid of that damn image....you look good in camo.

2seaoat

Bull shit.......why should my families anguish and suffering justify uncivilized behaviour and destruction of property that has nothing to do with anything.

You have power. You are white and middle class. You have been afforded a fair deal. You have not walked in the shoes of an 18 year old black kid nor would you tolerate for a second being told to walk on the fricking sidewalk. The one thing I know about you is that you would not have tolerated it for a NY second, but you have a franchise. If you were upset, others would be upset. However, the disenfranchised have to react in the only way they can display their anger.......and please do not tell me you would not be angry treated by a get on the fricking sidewalk.......

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:No, I was kinda thinking of you hanging your yellow century 21 blazer up and becoming a deputy......I do not know why I cannot get that vision out of my head......officer Markle......why did you shoot an unarmed man down in daylight on an American Street when he had his hands up..........cuz Barney Frank retired.....no it is going to be hard to get rid of that damn image....you look good in camo.

Never had a yellow blazer although they are a good company. Owned by the same company that owns Coldwell-Banker. If I haven't owned or managed an office, most of my time was with Re/Max. They're one of the 100% offices.

I did look good in camo as I do in most anything.  Laughing 

2seaoat

I did look good in camo as I do in most anything.

Damn.....you have planted the seed.....I will be having nightmares all week about you in camo.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Bull shit.......why should my families anguish and suffering justify uncivilized behaviour and destruction of property that has nothing to do with anything.

You have power.  You are white and middle class.  You have been afforded a fair deal.  You have not walked in the shoes of an 18 year old black kid nor would you tolerate for a second being told to walk on the fricking sidewalk.  The one thing I know about you is that you would not have tolerated it for a NY second, but you have a franchise.  If you were upset, others would be upset.   However, the disenfranchised have to react in the only way they can display their anger.......and please do not tell me you would not be angry treated by a get on the fricking sidewalk.......

However, the disenfranchised have to react in the only way they can display their anger......

Wow! You cleaned that up.....but to answer your statement, no they don't have to act like that in order to display their anger. Looting is for their own personal gain. Destruction of property is because the thugs were raised without values and morals.

Remember Obama saying that he wanted a civilian version of the military when he took office in 2009? Voila....there ya go.

2seaoat

Again you take 1% and try to destroy the legitimate protest against injustice. Using your logic, I would stand up and say the Cubs are going to win the World Series because a Cub got a hit......faulty logic, and blindness in regard to justice......not the blindfold on lady justice, but the blindfold on the person falling off the cliff.

....what planet are you on?

2seaoat

..what planet are you on?

I am in America where justice will prevail.....no doubt about it.....they can hide, they can set off smoke screens, but in the end justice will prevail.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Cooler heads have prevailed and there are no armored vehicles to be seen in Ferguson this afternoon. There is a highway patrol officer in command. He is black and that has helped also to change the tone. It makes the demonstrators feel as if they can meet and speak and that their concerns can be heard without the tear gas and flash bomb. Demonstrations are going on peacefully.

It doesn't look like a war zone anymore.

knothead

knothead

Where were all these military vehicles when Cliven Bundy got his ass in a crack? That was where they were needed . . .

2seaoat wrote:The defense department is giving grants to local police departments of used military equipment.  I understand not throwing away still useable equipment, but our founding fathers clearly warned us about where we are going as we create a standing army in this country where citizens are the enemy.  Good people have to stand up and say enough.

Militarization of the civilian police forces Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8AKboFZ_HE6R71crNbZ3nyDueHenhXt6swHgGZRIDiqRZS-rS

The change is upon you.

Brought to you by the man you voted for who promised it to you.

What happens next will all be on the current president in the White House.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu2pVPWGYMQ

Smile

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:Where were all these military vehicles when Cliven Bundy got his ass in a crack? That was where they were needed . . .

Really? How many were killed and wounded?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:Where were all these military vehicles when Cliven Bundy got his ass in a crack? That was where they were needed . . .

I knew about the 15 people protesting on horseback. Can you give us the details of the buildings burned, windows broken, looting, and attacks on police.

2seaoat

I knew about the 15 people protesting on horseback. Can you give us the details of the buildings burned, windows broken, looting, and attacks on police.

Nope those folks went out and cold blooded murder police officers who were eating their lunch. They did not break any windows. They did not throw any water bottles. They walked up and killed uniformed police officers. Quit rationalizing for the bad guys. It is unbecoming and morally wrong. There is complete consensus across the political spectrum that the militarization of our police forces is wrong. When the Cato institute and the ACLU, and both sides of the aisle speaking up loudly against the same, why do you try to justify killing unarmed people and the citizens of our country being terrorized by a standing army aiming guns at citizens and pushing citizens around in a Macs. The only riot we had in Ferguson was a police riot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum