Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who'd have guessed? ..."UNEXPECTEDLY"...Retail Sales Flatlined in July; AP Deadpans That Americans With No Money 'Are Hesitant to Spend'

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED..."UNEXPECTEDLY".... Is there anything that happens in this administration which HAS been expected?

Retail Sales Flatlined in July; AP Deadpans That Americans With No Money 'Are Hesitant to Spend'

By Tom Blumer | August 13, 2014 | 13:46

This morning, the Census Bureau, in its advance report on retail sales, revealed that seasonally adjusted July sales were "virtually unchanged" from June. Expectations were for a 0.2 percent gain, supposedly with "solid upside" potential. Oops. June's result stayed at its previously reported 0.2 percent increase.

Reuters did the "U-word" honors this time out: "U.S. retail sales unexpectedly stalled in July, pointing to some loss of momentum in the economy early in the third quarter." Someone needs to tell the wire service's Lucia Mutikani that no increase means no momentum. Over at the Associated Press, Josh Boak tried the deadpan approach.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2014/08/13/retail-sales-flatlined-july-ap-deadpans-americans-no-money-are-hesitant-#ixzz3AKXL2gNE

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED..."UNEXPECTEDLY"....  Is there anything that happens in this administration which HAS been expected?

Retail Sales Flatlined in July; AP Deadpans That Americans With No Money 'Are Hesitant to Spend'

This morning, the Census Bureau, in its advance report on retail sales, revealed that seasonally adjusted July sales were "virtually unchanged" from June. Expectations were for a 0.2 percent gain, supposedly with "solid upside" potential. Oops. June's result stayed at its previously reported 0.2 percent increase.

Reuters did the "U-word" honors this time out: "U.S. retail sales unexpectedly stalled in July, pointing to some loss of momentum in the economy early in the third quarter." Someone needs to tell the wire service's Lucia Mutikani that no increase means no momentum. Over at the Associated Press, Josh Boak tried the deadpan approach.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2014/08/13/retail-sales-flatlined-july-ap-deadpans-americans-no-money-are-hesitant-#ixzz3AKXL2gNE

Newsbusters? And you have the gall of calling out progressives who cite from DailyKOS?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED..."UNEXPECTEDLY"....  Is there anything that happens in this administration which HAS been expected?

Newsbusters? And you have the gall of calling out progressives who cite from DailyKOS?

I KNEW I could count on you!

Unlike you Progressives who find the need to use your far leftwing Progressive sites for OPINION articles, I POST FACTS in mine.

Show me where the FACTS are WRONG in my article please!

Thank you kindly for your help!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Any predictions for 3rd quarter GDP, Markle?

And for everyone else looking for a more...sterile...report.

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461217&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I KNEW I could count on you!

Unlike you Progressives who find the need to use your far leftwing Progressive sites for OPINION articles, I POST FACTS in mine.

Show me where the FACTS are WRONG in my article please!

Thank you kindly for your help!

Awe c'mon.... You habitually conflate opinion with fact here.... Every day, in FACT!

boards of FL

boards of FL

I must say, though, it is hilarious to see GOP supporters circle jerk around a retail sales report while threads about broad economic expansion (4% GDP growth) and improvements in the labor market (job creation, unemployment, etc) do not receive so much as a peep from them.

What are we left to conclude from this?   Two options come to mind:

1)  Our forum GOP supporters are economically illiterate and aren't able to gauge the importance or weight that various economic data points carry.  That would explain why we see them creating threads about flat - not negative, but flat - retail sales while completely ignoring GDP.

2)  Our forum GOP supporters are choosing to be willfully ignorant and pretend that a flat - not negative, but flat - retail sales report trumps all of the broad measures of economic data which have come out lately that have been very positive.

Perhaps they can clear this up for us?  Which is is, PACEDOG and Markle?  Are you guys dumb or just willfully ignorant?

knothead

knothead

Boards, I would add a third bullet point to your list. The enthusiasm of right wingers to gleefully post these things is just dirt road pathetic. We are all Americans after all and it is beyond my comprehension to understand their obvious delight in someone else's perception that the economy is suffering a downturn whether it is fact or fiction. It is, however, consistent with the GOP and McConnell-led elements of leadership to make Obama fail even if it makes the nation fail . . . . . this is truly the definition of dirt road pathetic.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Perhaps Herr Markle and Pacedog are switching sides, now that the rest of us realize that tax breaks given the ultra rich and big, bloodsucking corporations (many of whom are re-establishing their headquarters overseas in order to cheat the IRS -- and America --) are destroying our economy.

But then again, with Herr Markle, anything that hurts the middle class is reason for happiness, and with Pacedog, any federal dollar spent on anything but the military is bad news.

It's good to know our enemies!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:Boards, I would add a third bullet point to your list.  The enthusiasm of right wingers to gleefully post these things is just dirt road pathetic.  We are all Americans after all and it is beyond my comprehension to understand their obvious delight in someone else's perception that the economy is suffering a downturn whether it is fact or fiction.  It is, however, consistent with the GOP and McConnell-led elements of leadership to make Obama fail even if it makes the nation fail . . . . . this is truly the definition of dirt road pathetic.    

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

They probably would also delight in an other mass-casualty terrorist attack on American soil. Imagine the fodder such an event would provide--100% octane to further fuel their Obama-hate.  They would probably look at such an event as a GOP opportunity....

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
knothead wrote:Boards, I would add a third bullet point to your list.  The enthusiasm of right wingers to gleefully post these things is just dirt road pathetic.  We are all Americans after all and it is beyond my comprehension to understand their obvious delight in someone else's perception that the economy is suffering a downturn whether it is fact or fiction.  It is, however, consistent with the GOP and McConnell-led elements of leadership to make Obama fail even if it makes the nation fail . . . . . this is truly the definition of dirt road pathetic.    

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

They probably would also delight in an other mass-casualty terrorist attack on American soil. Imagine the fodder such an event would provide--100% octane to further fuel their Obama-hate.  They would probably look at such an event as a GOP opportunity....

No doubt Z Man, it really just amazes me to have such among us . . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum