Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This must REALLY pain our semi-retired President: "Obama sends new troops to Iraq: Is this preparation for a ‘new mission?’"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Strange, I bet my Progressive good friends didn't see this on The Nation or the DailyKOS.

Obama sends new troops to Iraq: Is this preparation for a ‘new mission?’

posted at 7:21 pm on August 12, 2014 by Noah Rothman

With hundreds of American military “advisors” already on the ground in Iraq, the White House revealed on Tuesday that it is contemplating sending at least another 130U.S. military experts and special forces to that country to help Kurdish and Iraqi Security Forces in their struggle against ISIS militants.

Reuters reported on Tuesday that an “internal discussion” within the White House is underway, and no final decision has been made. Nevertheless, an anonymous source revealed that the administration is poised to increase the number of troops in Iraq in order to combat the ISIS threat.

“Since fighters from the self-styled Islamic State, an al Qaeda offshoot, seized much of northwestern Iraq in June, the United States has sent about 700 military personnel to protect U.S. diplomats there and take stock of Iraq’s military capacity,” Reuters reported.

Read more: http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/12/more-american-advisors-possibly-headed-to-iraq/

By the way Progressives, Hotair references CNN and The Wall Street Journal.

dumpcare

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/09/pat_buchanan_i_think_hillary_will_win_in_2016/

Journalists are already referring to this as the 3rd Iraq war and it seems all official info on this is coming out of Hagel's office and not the office of the COWH. What a DODGER.....jeepers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum