Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robin Williams Dead at 63

+3
Sal
2seaoat
knothead
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 7:14 pm

Just a news blurb on nbc website... they intimated he killed himself.

2Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 7:16 pm

knothead

knothead

Oh holy crap!!! Good Lord . . . he was such a trip . . . . so smart and witty. . . . damn it! Crying or Very sad 

3Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 7:18 pm

2seaoat

He is gone. Depression is so damn hard to break.

4Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 7:25 pm

Dayum. I don't think I've ever been truly depressed. I got some bad news a week or so ago about my neck prognosis... but it's hard to imagine that degree of despair. If it was suicide that is a particularly cruel blow to his family... I know.

5Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 7:42 pm

2seaoat

Growing old and dealing with health issues are not for sissies. He had so much talent and intelligence, but he had a history of depression as did many great talents associated with comedy. It has hit both my wife and I very hard. He was like a friend in our living room for the last thirty years, and right after we got married we enjoyed him as Mork......I feel like I have lost another friend. It just does not get any easier, but we should all count our blessings, our family, our friends, and our community. Life is beautiful and I simply wish he could have gotten help.....but it is hard.

6Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 7:43 pm

knothead

knothead

Mr. Oats is correct pkr . . . depression is so hard to deal with. Personally, my Dad suffered from severe depression when I was a teenager and it makes me sick when I think it of to this day. I, too, have that propensity and it is like being overtaken by a dark cloud of despair. It's very difficult to describe except to say it is so very hard when it happens . . . with me it is episodic thankfully and I have a rigid exercise regimen that helps overcome its taking control. I have so much to celebrate and so much to to be grateful for and it is irrational to believe one can gets caught in this web of darkness . . . I am so sorry for the loss of Robin Williams . . . he was caught in the darkness and succumbed. How tragic!

7Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 7:44 pm

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Growing old and dealing with health issues are not for sissies.  He had so much talent and intelligence, but he had a history of depression as did many great talents associated with comedy.  It has hit both my wife and I very hard.  He was like a friend in our living room for the last thirty years, and right after we got married we enjoyed him as Mork......I feel like I have lost another friend.  It just does not get any easier, but we should all count our blessings, our family, our friends, and our community.  Life is beautiful and I simply wish he could have gotten help.....but it is hard.

Amen Mr. Oats . . . Amen!!!

8Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 8:44 pm

Sal

Sal

I grew up with that dude, from Mork and Mindy on. 

Devastated. 

9Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 9:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

That last little sitcom he did was terrible...I hate to say it because I really admired him and will miss him terribly. One of a kind, as they say. They broke the mold.

10Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 9:36 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

11Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 9:45 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

12Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 10:08 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

13Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 10:27 pm

Of course FT has to politicize it.

My favorite skit of his was the one where he talked about how golf was invented. Jeepers that was hilarious.

I will forever remember him (along with many other celebs to include Al Franken all the WWE stars-Stone Cold Steve Austin, Curt Angle, Chyna etc) who threw REAL BUDWEISERS into the crowd....lol ....visiting us at Camp Sather at Baghdad International Airport in Christmas of 03 and also at Camp Victory. He earned my respect that day. Imagine being that far from home and during the holidays and getting shot at every day multiple times.

I left the NWFL area before Thanksgiving and spent that holiday in Qatar before finally forward deploying into Iraq early in December. Once Saddam was captured on 13 December if I remember right, we then moved further into the Sunni Triangle up near Balad AB...an old airbase built by the Russians where the Iraqi AF Academy was located. It was affectionately known as MORTARITAVILLE for the constant attacks we faced all over that AB and the surrounding Camp Anaconda.

Yep, RW will always be remembered by myself and others fondly and with respect as he voluntarily missed time with his family and loved ones to do that USO tour during the holidays. He could have stayed home easily, but no, he chose to fly into BIAP which was still a hell of a combat descent for our aircraft due to the MANPAD threat all around that airport and all airbases in Iraq. RIP brother!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi6fPwWuO9I

14Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 11:10 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

That wasn't me getting political...that was Robin Williams getting political.

15Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 11:26 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Turn the death of one of the best comedians of our time into a political statement.

You must be so proud. Your desperation is getting to be pathetic.

16Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 11:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You are a slug. This man was a jewel. I'm giving him his homage, which he richly deserves. Too bad you won't be remembered for anything worthwhile.

17Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/11/2014, 11:56 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

This is NOT your post? So you found it necessary to post. Yet you whine at me. Got it!

18Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/12/2014, 1:31 am

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Hard to imagine that someone who could make so many people laugh could himself be so unhappy. Such a loss.

19Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/12/2014, 7:53 am

FT is a miserable person.

20Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/12/2014, 9:15 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

QueenOfHearts wrote:Hard to imagine that someone who could make so many people laugh could himself be so unhappy.  

From a 2010 British newspaper interview...

When he (Williams) appeared on the Jonathan Ross show earlier this summer, he'd been vintage Williams – hyperactive to the point of deranged, ricocheting between voices, riffing off his internal dialogues. Off-camera, however, he is a different kettle of fish. His bearing is intensely Zen and almost mournful, and when he's not putting on voices he speaks in a low, tremulous baritone – as if on the verge of tears – that would work very well if he were delivering a funeral eulogy. He seems gentle and kind – even tender – but the overwhelming impression is one of sadness.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/sep/20/robin-williams-worlds-greatest-dad-alcohol-drugs

21Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/12/2014, 3:54 pm

Robin Williams Dead at 63 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmHj1xHbFJPIb0Lrsl4as1NdCvu3CskEiN-TM4hqj95_TCVXSm

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCS23lORsSM

Smile 

22Robin Williams Dead at 63 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dead at 63 8/12/2014, 5:31 pm

Sal

Sal

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum