Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama is displaying incredible courage in showing restraint and it will be judged well in history

+5
gatorfan
Floridatexan
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Like Harry Truman who got brutalized by the press, but proved to have built the framework in foreign policy which guided this nation for fifty years, the President has withstood the heat in the kitchen and continues to make good decisions.   Knee jerk reaction to every crisis which too many go on Sunday talk shows and bang the drums of war.......well he promised us disengagement and he tip toes a tight wire where diplomacy and selected military reaction must be the new paradigm.   The easy answers got us in Iraq and emptied our treasury of trillions.

2seaoat

Lindsey Graham.....what a weak kneed coward of the first degree. His only answer is to unleash American military force which is clearly superior and devastating to any enemy. I would like this Rambo to hop in a chevy pick up and go a few rounds with ISIS.......because in the end this guy is attacking the President as having no strategy, no action plan,........and everything is his fault......when will the voters in SC flush this shemale tough guy out of office.....Damn we have become a wussified nation of sabre rattlers and cowards. Political diplomacy is the answer, and thank God the President is not a wussy. He has stood his ground with all these insane wussies banging the war drum......to what fricking end......Lindsey get a dress and at least be honest because your weekly whine on Sunday talk shows is sickening.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The easy answers got us in Iraq and emptied our treasury of trillions.

Yes it did. I say screw the Middle East and everything about it. Let all parties involved fight and squabble among themselves. If they kill each other, too bad.

We are importing less oil from the Middle East than we have in decades. Technology has enabled North America to access oil that was previously un-recoverable, right here in our own midst. For the next 30 years or so, we will rival Saudi Arabia in petroleum production. I am ready for the U.S. to start using oil as a weapon, the same way OPEC used it against us from 1973 onwards.

The Chinese are the ones who are dependent on Middle Eastern oil. They need every drop they can import. We, however, can insulate ourselves from the turmoil from that area.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

Lindsey get a dress and at least be honest because your weekly whine on Sunday talk shows is sickening.

Couldn't agree more Mr. Oats . . . . Lindsay Graham is an example, in this circumstance, of the inmates are in charge of the insane asylum. I applaud President Obama for resisting the baiting by McCain and Graham but instead holding his ground and using the tools at his disposal judiciously without risking the loss more of our military members in a hell hole.

2seaoat

I just wish the voters in SC would realize how utterly cowardly their chosen senator has become. He is a broken record and I look at him and wonder how John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, or Ike would treat such a sorry asz human being. How does a guy picked last in gym class get in a position to lead in this country......sometimes maybe ISIS is correct....we have become a corrupt decadent nation, and with weak kneed politicians like Lindsey......well hopefully this country will flush the toilet of these cowards.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I hold the President in very high regard. I voted for him because I had heard him speak in 2004, and I thought he had what it takes to run the country. He disappointed me right off the bat by not holding his predecessors accountable, but he was engaged in trying to restore order to chaos. That's what is often referred to as an understatement. Never in our history, with the possible exception of the Civil War, has our country been so divided...and that is by design, although it has very little to do with the President. The fact that he has African blood is incidental to what's really going on, which is class warfare. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

2seaoat wrote:Like Harry Truman who got brutalized by the press, but proved to have built the framework in foreign policy which guided this nation for fifty years, the President has withstood the heat in the kitchen and continues to make good decisions.   Knee jerk reaction to every crisis which too many go on Sunday talk shows and bang the drums of war.......well he promised us disengagement and he tip toes a tight wire where diplomacy and selected military reaction must be the new paradigm.   The easy answers got us in Iraq and emptied our treasury of trillions.

Harry Truman presided over the first war we "tied"...and we didn't win one again until Desert Storm in 1991. If you call forty to fifty years of settling for a tie the right thing to do, you are a really a low info voter....

Truman's inability to want to decisively defeat China on the Korean peninsula helped embolden Chairman Mao in China and paved the way for Ho Chi Mihn to strategize that the American people had no will to fight a long contested war....we see how that went in Nam....

Floridatexan wrote:
I hold the President in very high regard.  I voted for him because I had heard him speak in 2004, and I thought he had what it takes to run the country.  He disappointed me right off the bat by not holding his predecessors accountable, but he was engaged in trying to restore order to chaos.  That's what is often referred to as an understatement.  Never in our history, with the possible exception of the Civil War, has our country been so divided...and that is by design, although it has very little to do with the President.  The fact that he has African blood is incidental to what's really going on, which is class warfare.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Yes, his design to divide the nation and weaken it in every aspect that a nation's worth is judged.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Of course, PeeBrain defines "wins" as tactical maneuvers. War is such a great solution to the problems of the world.

gatorfan

Batting a 1000 (blah blah blah), spot on (blah blah blah), incredible restraint (blah blah blah), knocking the cover off the ball (blah blah blah).

While Obama hasn't been unsuccessful or incompetent across the board his many administrative failures and scandals are likely to outweigh any minor accomplishments by the end of this term. I don't think he cares.

Of course when you are the type of guy who spikes the football for any little "win" but after six years continues to blame Bush for ANY and ALL fails you rapidly lose what, if any credibility you might have.

Now, incredibly Obama is blaming Bush for not having residual troops in Iraq to avert the ISIS crisis. Hysterical.

Can anyone recall Obama taking the blame for anything that has gone wrong during his terms?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

There's nothing hypocritical about blaming Bush for Afghanistan and Iraq...wars he started based on lies...after the lies of 9/11.

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
There's nothing hypocritical about blaming Bush for Afghanistan and Iraq...wars he started based on lies...after the lies of 9/11.

Well, conspiracy theories aside, of course Bush made huge mistakes getting involved in those places - shouldn't have done it and I blame him fully. And I also blame those in Congress who supported the invasions. I don't see where I said otherwise.

Likewise, I blame Obama for the disintegration of Libya, the genocide occurring due to ISIS, not doing more about Ukraine by hammering Putin harder and sooner, and the continued Syria fiasco. The ONLY thing he did right regarding Syria was not involving ground forces.

But after being President and CinC for over 6 years don't you feel it's time for him to accept SOME responsibility for his failed foreign policy (whatever his "policy" might be)? After all, he's had ample time to set the ship on a better course but has failed to do so.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Obama is now blaming Bush for the with-drawl of troops from Iraq.....bless his heart. He must be related to FT.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/11/obama-adjusts-iraq-narrative-now-blames-george-w-b/#ixzz3ABSN14D5

Sal

Sal

Despite your fish wrap's characterization, Obama placed the blame on Al-Maliki and his refusal to agree to a SOFA which gave our troops immunity.

Even as POTUS, Obama refuses to make important decisions or decidjijg to do too little too late ( see Syria and other red lines )

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Well, conspiracy theories aside, of course Bush made huge mistakes getting involved in those places - shouldn't have done it and I blame him fully. And I also blame those in Congress who supported the invasions. I don't see where I said otherwise.

Likewise, I blame Obama for the disintegration of Libya, the genocide occurring due to ISIS, not doing more about Ukraine by hammering Putin harder and sooner, and the continued Syria fiasco. The ONLY thing he did right regarding Syria was not involving ground forces.

But after being President and CinC for over 6 years don't you feel it's time for him to accept SOME responsibility for his failed foreign policy (whatever his "policy" might be)? After all, he's had ample time to set the ship on a better course but has failed to do so.

I said Bush is to blame for Afghanistan and Iraq. He started those wars and left office with both ongoing. There is most definitely a campaign right now to blame Obama for the current situation in Iraq. Bush diminished our standing in the world, and particularly in the Arab world, by blaming 9/11 on Bin Laden. I believe Obama's foreign policy is a vast improvement over Bush's, despite all the attempts to paint him as a failure. Any course, short of WWIII, would automatically be an improvement over Bush.

There was no war in Iraq ongoing when Bush left office. Obama was handed a stable and secure nation on 2009. There was one ongoing in Astan.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I believe Obama's foreign policy is a vast improvement over Bush's, despite all the attempts to paint him as a failure. Any course, short of WWIII, would automatically be an improvement over Bush.

Yes..... 2001-2009 were very dark years for the United States of America. How we were ever hoodwinked into letting that bunch (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, et al.) take control of the reins of power, I will never understand. May people like them forever stay away from governing us again.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Even as POTUS, Obama refuses to make important decisions or decidjijg to do too little too late ( see Syria and other red lines )

The world is a complicated place. There are so many moving parts and so much to keep track of if people are paying attention at all. It is easy to forget things like this, in the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrQJ2LZSJ4A

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

particularly in the Arab world, by blaming 9/11 on Bin Laden.  .

Of course old Bin Ladens own admission of his involvement in 9/11 means nothing?

Here's a refresher

http://abcnews.go.com/International/video/osama-bin-laden-mastermind-911-attacks-terrorist-leader-takes-credit-americas-most-tragic-days-international-13505793

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Don't bother showing me Bin Laden's "confession". It was a fake. The real Bin Laden disavowed any knowledge of the 9/11 attacks...if you look back at Rumsfeld's statements at the time, you will see that he was clearly lying about sophisticated "Al Qaeda" operations...there were none. If you look for one minute at the events of that day, it is clear that our "leadership" had to be complicit in order for the events to take place as they did. The FBI has still not found any reason to place blame on "Al Qaeda" for the attacks of 9/11.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Don't bother showing me Bin Laden's "confession".  It was a fake.  The real Bin Laden disavowed any knowledge of the 9/11 attacks...if you look back at Rumsfeld's statements at the time, you will see that he was clearly lying about sophisticated "Al Qaeda" operations...there were none.  If you look for one minute at the events of that day, it is clear that our "leadership" had to be complicit in order for the events to take place as they did.  The FBI has still not found any reason to place blame on "Al Qaeda" for the attacks of 9/11.

Wow...you really do live in a parallel universe.

If you recall, there was an initial attack on the World Trade Center AND Osama bin Laden declared WAR on the United States.

Did President Bush blow up the levies in New Orleans too? I heard he had been taking scuba and underwater demolition lessons.

President Obama is displaying incredible courage in showing restraint and it will be judged well in history HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
Don't bother showing me Bin Laden's "confession".  It was a fake.  The real Bin Laden disavowed any knowledge of the 9/11 attacks...if you look back at Rumsfeld's statements at the time, you will see that he was clearly lying about sophisticated "Al Qaeda" operations...there were none.  If you look for one minute at the events of that day, it is clear that our "leadership" had to be complicit in order for the events to take place as they did.  The FBI has still not found any reason to place blame on "Al Qaeda" for the attacks of 9/11.

How do you know the difference between the "fake" OBL and the "real" OBL???

Did this guy tell you:

President Obama is displaying incredible courage in showing restraint and it will be judged well in history Conspiracy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum