Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-rules-ten-commandments-monument-must-141940443.html

Government has no right to push a religion.

Next we'll be hearing about some freaky church group in Kansas beheading non Christian children . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Looks like a headstone.

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStTsazRhTxbbpOPN1UhqSjPQTA_QH8MNlBKemGvd1BroyStmn8LQ

But then perhaps they do to show continuity of how the laws have progressed from being based on religious concepts to secular laws.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

If a church wants to erect a monument of the Ten Commandments on their front lawn...so be it. But this is a government building. Haven't these people ever heard of the ACLU?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStTsazRhTxbbpOPN1UhqSjPQTA_QH8MNlBKemGvd1BroyStmn8LQ

But then perhaps they do to show continuity of how the laws have progressed from being based on religious concepts to secular laws.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile 

That was done by the fore- fathers of our country......before the ACLU!

Floridatexan wrote:
If a church wants to erect a monument of the Ten Commandments on their front lawn...so be it.  But this is a government building.  Haven't these people ever heard of the ACLU?  

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLahKqEGN9Qqb6oEhWRA0-cdOElVvEmy_FlckOm6omFuA8PArG

Then perhaps the ACLU should eliminate all references and landmarks of historical context so it doesn't cloud their judgment when dealing with an issue. You know things like slavery, massacres, wars, peace treaties, who did what to who, etc, etc, etc,... That way they can apply civil rights to everyone equally and everyone is treated the same.

I believe that's called Tabula Rasa.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPLOVJ0u94

Smile

Wordslinger wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/judge-rules-ten-commandments-monument-must-141940443.html

Government has no right to push a religion.

Next we'll be hearing about some freaky church group in Kansas beheading non Christian children . . .

So many things wrong with this nation and THAT is what you want to focus on..... Mad Mad Mad 

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
If a church wants to erect a monument of the Ten Commandments on their front lawn...so be it.  But this is a government building.  Haven't these people ever heard of the ACLU?  

You mean the group that staunchly supports pedophiles, folks like Talknstang yet says little or nothing about our gun rights? That far left wing group?

My far left Progressive friends are desperate to move the discussions from the massive failure of this Semi-retired President that they are now forced to raise trivial, local subjects in their futile efforts.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You mean the group that staunchly supports pedophiles, folks like Talknstang yet says little or nothing about our gun rights?  That far left wing group?

My far left Progressive friends are desperate to move the discussions from the massive failure of this Semi-retired President that they are now forced to raise trivial, local subjects in their futile efforts.

The ACLU is dedicated to protecting the American people's civil rights, as stated in the Constitution. Whether it's a pedephile, an African-American, a Jew, a woman wanting an abortion, or even a Nazi like you, the ACLU is ready and willing to make sure you have the right to be heard.

Show me a specific case where you believe the ACLU wasn't acting to protect free speech, etc.

And Herr Markle, while I know discrediting our first Black American president occupies your every waking moment, the rest of us are quite able to consider other issues.

Reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Clearly, allowing the government to select and push one religion, not only offends atheists like me, but religious Americans of every stripe.

This forum thread proves it.

Like Joani pointed out -- you want to sell the Ten Commandments -- plant your stone billboard on a Church lawn, not in a courthouse!

Wordslinger wrote:Clearly, allowing the government to select and push one religion, not only offends atheists like me, but religious Americans of every stripe.

This forum thread proves it.

Like Joani pointed out -- you want to sell the Ten Commandments -- plant your stone billboard on a Church lawn, not in a courthouse!

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpjgK04d0IYi0iTOrDzhPTAuXILRGQof94m3rTx0aUw5wFTrN7

Pay attention.

That wasn't Joani.

It was the person who talks about her feminine hygiene problems all the time.

She really needs to go see a doctor since she has the ACA to help her now.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1erm6yMw4

Very Happy

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You mean the group that staunchly supports pedophiles, folks like Talknstang yet says little or nothing about our gun rights?  That far left wing group?

The ACLU is dedicated to protecting the American people's civil rights, as stated in the Constitution.  Whether it's a pedephile, an African-American, a Jew, a woman wanting an abortion, or even a Nazi like you, the ACLU is ready and willing to make sure you have the right to be heard.

Show me a specific case where you believe the ACLU wasn't acting to protect free speech, etc.

And Herr Markle, while I know discrediting our first Black American president occupies your every waking moment, the rest of us are quite able to consider other issues.

Reality.

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxg3n5RIGt-jIJddgYO9CYeyyIe4D-gmL89iQmRJcwmsB4LOisxw

Don't see them protecting the rights of other mature willing companions or their right to marry.

All you have to do is open your heart, take the hand the person next to you, leave your hate behind, and join...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGMmmd9Ixs

Very Happy 

Why exactly is our govt involved at all in our choice of mate? Why is there a subsidy or penalty? We're now a hive.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

The ACLU is dedicated to protecting the American people's civil rights, as stated in the Constitution.  Whether it's a pedephile, an African-American, a Jew, a woman wanting an abortion, or even a Nazi like you, the ACLU is ready and willing to make sure you have the right to be heard.

Reality.

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Racist_zps8e02fabb

You also forgot your signature:

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Hitlers-train-Amerika_zpseebd91bd

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Reality.

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Racist_zps8e02fabb

You also forgot your signature:

It's about time they ruled the Ten Commandments don't belong at City Hall! Hitlers-train-Amerika_zpseebd91bd

Poor widdle Markle ... I challenge him to show us a case where the ACLU wasn't protecting a civil right, and he dodges the question with another paste-up that doesn't relate. Reality!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum