Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What has been Obama’s biggest mistake in the Mideast?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gatorfan

Muscling into Libya leaving the country with no viable government or military but large numbers of weapons? Then closing his eyes to the problem hoping it would heal itself? Now the country is rapidly disintegrating into a home base or anchor state for ISIS and other terrorist groups.

Ignoring Syria as the civil war grinds on and on? A little help in the beginning (like destroying the Syrian Air Force) might have been worthwhile but it’s too late now since the relatively moderate rebel groups have evolved into something that more resembles a series of tribal type interests. Too unorganized and ineffective to assume control if Sadat ever falls. Another somewhat stable country falls into chaos.

Iraq? Well we know what has happened there. ISIS marched while Obama slept.

Afghanistan? Unable to broker a deal with the Afghan government over troop protection there is now no option but to leave. But the money continues to flow to that corrupt and ineffective government.

Obama has failed to act like a President in the Mideast. He has failed to broker deals and cooperation with formerly close allies who now know they can’t trust him to watch their back if they step over the line to support us.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Let's say you have a magic wand. You can wave it and then enact absolutely any mid-east policy that you like.

What would you do?

His ME apology tour in 2009 and assuming that just because he wanted to engage ME despots, didn't mean they want to or even desired to engage with him. These people respect one thing- power. Leading from behind does not demonstrate power or authority. It demonstrates you have a lack of knowledge of the region despite being Muslim....which is the most ironic thing.

boards of FL wrote:Let's say you have a magic wand.  You can wave it and then enact absolutely any mid-east policy that you like.

What would you do?

Focus on the topic Young Jedi. It's about picking out ONE of multiple failures of your messiah. I can't think of any ONE good thing that he has done since being the COWH that has affected this region in a POSITIVE MANNER.

The ME is more chaotic now than at any time even when WE were actually engaging in combat ourselves previously...that power vacuum...ISIS wants to fill it along with Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran etc.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 8/8/2014, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

His not getting in his time-machine, traveling back to right after 9/11, and clunking Dubya's and Cheney's heads together Three Stooges style for even considering deposing the one thing holding it all together.

We went into the Mesopotamian Pottery Barn, smashed everything, and burnt the building to the ground.

The best Obama could hope for was to put out the flareups when they inevitably occurred.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:Let's say you have a magic wand.  You can wave it and then enact absolutely any mid-east policy that you like.

What would you do?

Don't be facetious, if it were that simple even Obama could have at least one thing right. In any case, these would have been good starting points:

Muscling into Libya leaving the country with no viable government or military but large numbers of weapons? Then closing his eyes to the problem hoping it would heal itself? Now the country is rapidly disintegrating into a home base or anchor state for ISIS and other terrorist groups.

I wouldn't have bombed them. Britain and France wanted to establish a no-fly zone. Let them carry the log for once.

Ignoring Syria as the civil war grinds on and on? A little help in the beginning (like destroying the Syrian Air Force) might have been worthwhile but it’s too late now since the relatively moderate rebel groups have evolved into something that more resembles a series of tribal type interests. Too unorganized and ineffective to assume control if Sadat ever falls. Another somewhat stable country falls into chaos.

A partial answer is in the first sentence - destroy the Syrian Air Force. Secondarily heavy weapons should have been given to opposition. Too late now though.

Bombed the crap out of ISIS months and months ago while they were still fairly contained.

Afghanistan? Unable to broker a deal with the Afghan government over troop protection there is now no option but to leave. But the money continues to flow to that corrupt and ineffective government.

The deal should have been forced by withholding ALL aid dollars.

If you have any better ideas let me know.

Sal wrote:His not getting in his time-machine, traveling back to right after 9/11, and clunking Dubya's and Cheney's heads together Three Stooges style for even considering deposing the one thing holding it all together.

We went into the Mesopotamian Pottery Barn, smashed everything, and burnt the building to the ground.

The best Obama could hope for was to put out the flareups when they inevitably occurred.

Flareups? It's been a continuous BONFIRE since his choosing to RUN from Iraq and not finish training the army as the generals and FP advisors stated needed to be done. No, he did it HIS way, a failed way....and a way that leaves Iraq in a state of ISIS trying to commit genocide on everyone NOT a Sunni Muslim.

How many generals we lose in AStan on the watch of "W"?

Folks in that region are realizing Obama draws red lines, states things, but never follows through and does what needs to be done, especially among allies. Evidence of that can be how he left the Maliki government hanging on training and moreso recently, how he has treated our greatest ally- Israel in their battle against his terror homies Hamas.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 8/8/2014, 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sal wrote:

What has been Obama’s biggest mistake in the Mideast? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYUHvuVavEBZWFW-6cpr88NKqeAmKRZYPtUbhCtHeU1ajn9dE_

...By bombing sovereign nations, without Congressional approval, so he can raise his blood stained Nobel sword of peace and feed the MIC. Your gore stained Nobel champion of peace is truly proving that he can 'bridge the gap'.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbvTiMMlkNg

Smile 

gatorfan

Sal wrote:

Except he didn't take them seriously enough or act soon enough. He took the keys to the White House knowing full well the mideast was a shit sandwich. He thought he had the answers then but we now know he wasn't up to the task.

gatorfan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Except he didn't take them seriously enough or act soon enough. He took the keys to the White House knowing full well the mideast was a shit sandwich. He thought he had the answers then but we now know he wasn't up to the task.

His answer was an apology tour.....that none of these dictators and such thought they would ever see from a POTUS.

Obama might as well hire a high school level SGA organization to run the government, because his group of incompetards surely ain't getting it done.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:He thought he had the answers then but we now know he wasn't up to the task.

There are no correct answers.

There are no good options.

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:He thought he had the answers then but we now know he wasn't up to the task.

There are no correct answers.

There are no good options.

All because of his "gotta withdraw from Iraq" cut and run. He was told this would happen....and he forced his plan anyhow...he owns it...like you do too.

O- One
B- Big
A- Ass
M- Mistake
A- America

2seaoat

gatorfan wrote:

What would you do?

Don't be facetious, if it were that simple even Obama could have at least one thing right. In any case, these would have been good starting points:

I wouldn't have bombed them. Britain and France wanted to establish a no-fly zone. Let them carry the log for once.

A partial answer is in the first sentence - destroy the Syrian Air Force. Secondarily heavy weapons should have been given to opposition. Too late now though.

Bombed the crap out of ISIS months and months ago while they were still fairly contained.

Thank you for YOUR answer. The President's policy has been spot on. Your policy choices are naive and lack even a rudimentary understanding.......bomb the Syrian air force so ISIS can win Syria......ISIS fairly contained when three divisions dropped their arms and ran.......again the President has nailed the correct policy and you should stick to things you do not understand......like the investing in rail and manufacturing in America.

2seaoat wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

What would you do?

Thank you for YOUR answer.   The President's policy has been spot on.  Your policy choices are naive and lack even a rudimentary understanding.......bomb the Syrian air force so ISIS can win Syria......ISIS fairly contained when three divisions dropped their arms and ran.......again the President has nailed the correct policy and you should stick to things you do not understand......like the investing in rail and manufacturing in America.

Spot on about creating CHAOS.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

What would you do?

Thank you for YOUR answer.   The President's policy has been spot on.  Your policy choices are naive and lack even a rudimentary understanding.......bomb the Syrian air force so ISIS can win Syria......ISIS fairly contained when three divisions dropped their arms and ran.......again the President has nailed the correct policy and you should stick to things you do not understand......like the investing in rail and manufacturing in America.

You really are a hoot with absolutely NO knowledge of the dynamics leading up to the current situation in the M/E. Obama failed, simple as that and most Americans now don't trust the government. BTW, many of the situations described are indicative of the FACT that Obama has no foreign policy in place. The lead from behind dude is way behind now and will never catch up to events.

Also, go back to your dusty history books and realize the beginning of the Syrian conflict (where destroying their Air Force would have helped) preceded ISIS. ISIS was formed from elements of Al Qaeda during the Iraq war.

Don't you know anything?

2seaoat

I know that no bombs fell in Syria when our resident experts claimed they would, I know that after repeated attempts to kill Mr. K, President Obama took out a state sponsored terrorist. I know that we left the mess in Iraq and the President has judiciously stayed out of the mess. I know that the discord in the Middle East makes Israel more secure, and that my friend is the policy. However, keep up that splendid analysis. bomb the Syrian air force.....yep I am a hoot.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Republicans critiquing the mid-east policy of others.

Say it out loud a few times.

boards of FL wrote:Republicans critiquing the mid-east policy of others.

Democrats who thought they could do it better and have created an entire region that hates the United States even after their messiah went on his world apology tour.

Say it until you are blue in the face.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 8/8/2014, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat wrote: I know that after repeated attempts to kill Mr. K, President Obama took out a state sponsored terrorist. .

NO old man, his people did it. I watched the video feed, albeit after the fact...Obama had nothing to do with it, but he would like to take credit...remember he is good a killing with drones....according to himself. He couldn't even read the metadata screen on a Pred or Reaper feed.

2seaoat

Obama had nothing to do with it, but he would like to take credit.

Wrong answer. He through the CIA assets supplied the arms and intelligence which toppled Mr. K. Chris Martin and his cohorts established an amazing American success in toppling Mr. K. If you cannot recognize the same, you just do not get it.

I think his support of the muslim brotherhood in egypt when the arab spring was beginning set a terrible tone.

The red line in syria was dumb... but the general malaise with former allies in the region really emboldened extremists.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Republicans critiquing the mid-east policy of others.

Democrats who thought they could do it better and have created an entire region that hates the United States even after their messiah went on his world apology tour.

Say it until you are blue in the face.

Actually, democrats provided the voice of opposition to the $1.1 trillion dollar war waged by republicans that netted us absolutely nothing.

I'll say it again.  Republicans - the people who lead us into the $1.1 trillion dollar war that served to destabilize the mid-east - are now critiquing the mid-east policy of others.  Say that out loud a few times.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He was told this would happen....

So was Dubya.

And, that was before we invaded, smashed everything, and unleashed the forces and dynamics we see coming to a head today.

Nobody can put the genie back into the bottle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum