Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I think Ann Coulter has a valid point.

+3
Sal
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-08-06.html

I wonder how the Ebola doctor feels now that his humanitarian trip has cost a Christian charity much more than any services he rendered.

What was the point?

Whatever good Dr. Kent Brantly did in Liberia has now been overwhelmed by the more than $2 million already paid by the Christian charities Samaritan's Purse and SIM USA just to fly him and his nurse home in separate Gulfstream jets, specially equipped with medical tents, and to care for them at one of America's premier hospitals. (This trip may be the first real-world demonstration of the economics of Obamacare.)

There's little danger of an Ebola plague breaking loose from the treatment of these two Americans at the Emory University Hospital. But why do we have to deal with this at all?

Why did Dr. Brantly have to go to Africa? The very first "risk factor" listed by the Mayo Clinic for Ebola -- an incurable disease with a 90 percent fatality rate -- is: "Travel to Africa."

Can't anyone serve Christ in America anymore?

No -- because we're doing just fine. America, the most powerful, influential nation on Earth, is merely in a pitched battle for its soul.

About 15,000 people are murdered in the U.S. every year. More than 38,000 die of drug overdoses, half of them from prescription drugs. More than 40 percent of babies are born out of wedlock. Despite the runaway success of "midnight basketball," a healthy chunk of those children go on to murder other children, rape grandmothers, bury little girls alive -- and then eat a sandwich. A power-mad president has thrown approximately 10 percent of all Americans off their health insurance -- the rest of you to come! All our elite cultural institutions laugh at virginity and celebrate promiscuity.

So no, there's nothing for a Christian to do here.

If Dr. Brantly had practiced at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles and turned one single Hollywood power-broker to Christ, he would have done more good for the entire world than anything he could accomplish in a century spent in Liberia. Ebola kills only the body; the virus of spiritual bankruptcy and moral decadence spread by so many Hollywood movies infects the world.

If he had provided health care for the uninsured editors, writers, videographers and pundits in Gotham and managed to open one set of eyes, he would have done more good than marinating himself in medieval diseases of the Third World.

Of course, if Brantly had evangelized in New York City or Los Angeles, The New York Times would get upset and accuse him of anti-Semitism, until he swore -- as the pope did -- that you don't have to be a Christian to go to heaven. Evangelize in Liberia, and the Times' Nicholas Kristof will be totally impressed.

Which explains why American Christians go on "mission trips" to disease-ridden cesspools. They're tired of fighting the culture war in the U.S., tired of being called homophobes, racists, sexists and bigots. So they slink off to Third World countries, away from American culture to do good works, forgetting that the first rule of life on a riverbank is that any good that one attempts downstream is quickly overtaken by what happens upstream.

America is the most consequential nation on Earth, and in desperate need of God at the moment. If America falls, it will be a thousand years of darkness for the entire planet.

Not only that, but it's our country. Your country is like your family. We're supposed to take care of our own first. The same Bible that commands us to "go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel" also says: "For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, 'You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.'"

Right there in Texas, near where Dr. Brantly left his wife and children to fly to Liberia and get Ebola, is one of the poorest counties in the nation, Zavala County -- where he wouldn't have risked making his wife a widow and his children fatherless.

But serving the needy in some deadbeat town in Texas wouldn't have been "heroic." We wouldn't hear all the superlatives about Dr. Brantly's "unusual drive to help the less fortunate" or his membership in the "Gold Humanism Honor Society." Leaving his family behind in Texas to help the poor 6,000 miles away -- that's the ticket.

Today's Christians are aces at sacrifice, amazing at serving others, but strangely timid for people who have been given eternal life. They need to buck up, serve their own country, and remind themselves every day of Christ's words: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."

There may be no reason for panic about the Ebola doctor, but there is reason for annoyance at Christian narcissism.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I never looked at it like that. Ann Cutler is right. That doctor is a stinking traitor to his country and a traitor to Jesus.

Sal

Sal

I hope he gets better so he can punch that bitter, depraved cunt in the neck.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Brother Carl told his radio audience yesterday that he has proof that Hussein Obama created the ebola virus. If that's true then hussein obama makes ivan the terrible look like a sunday school teacher.

dumpcare

I can't stand Ann Coulter either, but read the article a couple of times, she has an excellent argument. It's just as everyone has been saying all along, take care of the people at home first, before giving aid overseas.

Sal

Sal

The only "disease-ridden cesspool" Coulter needs to worry about is the one between her ears.

Fortunately, I've rarely read such rancid, despicable filth.

Flush ....

Sal

Sal

WWXBJD?

[what would xenophobic bigoted Jesus do?]

And, she calls herself a Christian.

Evil or Very Mad 

Wow PPACA, you are as bigoted as Coulter who is obviously anti-Christian herself with this tirade.

Was he NOT an ebola doctor? So, wouldn't he have to go to where ebola is prevalent to help those people affected by this deadly disease? Yes. He can't serve from Cedars-Sinai hospital because we aren't going to bring the ebola victims to that location to be treated.

Part of his Christian service was to serve those who obviously would never get his services otherwise due to their location and ability to afford said services. I can promise you too that if the doc's goal was to make money and be safe he would have stayed stateside and not went on these trips. Don't worry about the money, we Christians will provide more.

If folks like Coulter and yourself see better places to take care of those in need, feel free to get together amongst yourselves and do so.

Nothing suits those who don't believe except to criticize the works of Christians. According to the critics, believers are either proselytizing those who don't want what they are selling or not doing enough elsewhere. Again, create your own charitable mission trips and take a stand for what you believe in instead of criticizing those who are actually out doing something and not stitting on their keesters.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jesus is the only man alive whose shit doesn't stink.

Sal

Sal

Hey man, there were sick and poor people in Bethlehem.

Why didn't Jesus stay put??

But, nooooo.

He had to drag himself and all his followers all the way to Jerusalem, and climb up on that cross.

"Look at me!!"

"Look at me!!"

What a friggin' narcissist.

And, can you imagine the hotel bills he stuck his apostles with?

Asshole.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal and Pacedog agree on an issue!!

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:Sal and Pacedog agree on an issue!!

Something has gone awry in the universe ....

.... and, it is Ann Coulter's soul.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal wrote:

She has no soul. She is just a hack, laughing her way to the bank. The left's hero, Bill Maher, dated her at one time.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:

She has no soul.  She is just a hack, laughing her way to the bank.  The left's hero, Bill Maher, dated her at one time.

That was before he found out about her tattoo: 666.

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Wow PPACA, you are as bigoted as Coulter who is obviously anti-Christian herself with this tirade.

Was he NOT an ebola doctor? So, wouldn't he have to go to where ebola is prevalent to help those people affected by this deadly disease? Yes. He can't serve from Cedars-Sinai hospital because we aren't going to bring the ebola victims to that location to be treated.

Part of his Christian service was to serve those who obviously would never get his services otherwise due to their location and ability to afford said services. I can promise you too that if the doc's goal was to make money and be safe he would have stayed stateside and not went on these trips. Don't worry about the money, we Christians will provide more.

If folks like Coulter and yourself see better places to take care of those in need, feel free to get together amongst yourselves and do so.

Nothing suits those who don't believe except to criticize the works of Christians. According to the critics, believers are either proselytizing those who don't want what they are selling or not doing enough elsewhere. Again, create your own charitable mission trips and take a stand for what you believe in instead of criticizing those who are actually out doing something and not stitting on their keesters.

At what point did he decide to be an ebola Dr? Did he go to med school in Africa? There are enough sick and poor right here in the U.S. he could have treated. He was from one of the poorest county's in Texas, did he treat those people with Christian help?  Medical school did not specifically train him to treat ebola. I am not criticizing the work of Christian's I know they go all over, but take care of your homeland and family first.

How many of you have bitched over the years about sending billion's overseas and we have some places here in the U.S. that are like third world country's? Dirt poor and diseased?

Sal and PD agreeing is like me agreeing with Ann Coulter.

Sorry, you miss the point of the doc and his decison to help folks across the pond. How do you know there aren't Christian docs here working with the poor now? You don't, but you make yourself feel all warm over by
Denigrating this doc. Tearing down others to build yourself up... How adult of you.

2seaoat

America certainly needs help, but Africa is poor beyond any standard in America, and but for the courage of these doctors and their front line battle with some of these diseases, we could shortly find them here. Ann needs to go pick on the 911 widows to garner more controversy. She is entirely irrelevant, so she needs to create a silly controversy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The better question is why did Jesus and allah create the ebola virus to begin with.  I'm not really impressed with Gods who do stuff like that.

Additionally, since all living creatures were on Noah's Ark, was the ebola virus on there too? If so, Noah and Mrs. Noah were lucky not to catch it.

2seaoat

The better question is why did Jesus and allah create the ebola virus to begin with

The best question is why he created Ann.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay." -Ann Coulter on American fans of World Cup soccer

"There is a growing body of evidence that radiation in excess of what the government says are the minimum amounts we should be exposed to are actually good for you and reduce cases of cancer." -Ann Coulter, on fears over the fallout from Japan's nuclear crisis, Bill O'Reilly interview, March 18, 2011

"You will find liberals always rooting for savages against civilization." –Ann Coulter
"They didn't root for the Nazis against civilization." –Bill O'Reilly
"Oh yes they did. ... It was only when Hitler invaded their precious Soviet Union that at the last minute they came in and suddenly started saying oh no, now you have to fight Hitler." –Ann Coulter, "The O'Reilly Factor," May 7, 2010

"I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. ... I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." --on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

"I was going to have a few comments about John Edwards but you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot." --at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference

"I'm more of a man than any liberal."

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much." -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media."

"Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole."

"There are a lot of bad republicans; there are no good democrats."

"We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."

"Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots."

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties -- provided we're only talking about criminals."

"The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening."

"Liberals hate religion because politics is a religion substitute for liberals and they can't stand the competition."

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."

"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo."

"Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil. What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets? How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"

"We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States."

"If John Kerry had a dollar for every time he bragged about serving in Vietnam -- oh wait, he does."

"Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funnyquotes/a/anncoulter.htm

I think Ann Coulter has a valid point. A62636f464548b3df0d2bd4d18cdea0b

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:Brother Carl told his radio audience yesterday that he has proof that Hussein Obama created the ebola virus.  If that's true then hussein obama makes ivan the terrible look like a sunday school teacher.

Every Republican that I know swears that Obama caused the global warming by using voodoo he learned from going to Jeramiah Wright's church in Chicago. He did it by sticking pins into a rubber world globe he found.

As for Coulter, she will air anything she is paid to say.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:Brother Carl told his radio audience yesterday that he has proof that Hussein Obama created the ebola virus.  If that's true then hussein obama makes ivan the terrible look like a sunday school teacher.

Every Republican that I know swears that Obama caused the global warming by using voodoo he learned from going to Jeramiah Wright's church in Chicago. He did it by sticking pins into a rubber world globe he found.

As for Coulter, she will air anything she is paid to say.

Yep...there's a word for that.

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:

At what point did he decide to be an ebola Dr? Did he go to med school in Africa? There are enough sick and poor right here in the U.S. he could have treated. He was from one of the poorest county's in Texas, did he treat those people with Christian help?  Medical school did not specifically train him to treat ebola. I am not criticizing the work of Christian's I know they go all over, but take care of your homeland and family first.

How many of you have bitched over the years about sending billion's overseas and we have some places here in the U.S. that are like third world country's? Dirt poor and diseased?

Sal and PD agreeing is like me agreeing with Ann Coulter.

I'm curious.

Do you have the temerity to call yourself a Christian?

Matthew;

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Christian backlash...sorry no cursing in this article...I know for some of you it will take the fun out of it...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/08/ann-coulter-ebola_n_5662698.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum