Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Griftiest Grift of All

+2
Floridatexan
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Griftiest Grift of All Empty The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 3:41 pm

Sal

Sal

Wow ....

.... this is how the teatards support the troops ....

The charity, launched in part by one of the most prominent figures in the Tea Party movement, had adopted the 800 Marines in a battalion fighting in Afghanistan and wanted to send them all care packages. [...]

The charity later described the fundraising drive as a rousing success: In less than five weeks, all 800 Marines in a 1st Marine Division battalion nicknamed Geronimo were sent care packages and notes in Afghanistan, it claimed.

But that couldn’t have been true. The Marines of Geronimo weren’t even in Afghanistan during Move America Forward’s fund drive. Instead, they were deployed more than 3,000 miles away, in Okinawa, Japan.

Move America Forward calls itself the nation’s “largest grassroots pro-troop organization,” and has recruited a bevy of Republican luminaries, including former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney, to support its efforts.

Yet an examination of its fundraising appeals, tax records and other documents shows that Move America Forward has repeatedly misled donors and inflated its charitable accomplishments, while funneling millions of dollars in revenue to the men behind the group and their political consulting firms.

[Marine Larry] Draughn told ProPublica he had never heard of the charity, which did not contact him before using his story.

“I’m gonna call and ream their butts,” he said. “I never gave them permission to use my name that way.”

After Draughn called, he said, the charity apologized and promised to send him a free gift. More than two months later, the gift still hasn’t arrived.

Each package for an individual service member is paid for with a $24.99 donation, the charity says, but it’s unclear what the $24.99 pays for. The items in each care package are donated, a former consultant who spoke on condition of anonymity said, and volunteers put them together.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/05/exclusive-pro-troop-charity-pays-off-tea-party-cronies-instead.html

Last edited by Sal on 8/6/2014, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 3:53 pm

Sal wrote:Wow ....

The charity, launched in part by one of the most prominent figures in the Tea Party movement, had adopted the 800 Marines in a battalion fighting in Afghanistan and wanted to send them all care packages. [...]

The charity later described the fundraising drive as a rousing success: In less than five weeks, all 800 Marines in a 1st Marine Division battalion nicknamed Geronimo were sent care packages and notes in Afghanistan, it claimed.

But that couldn’t have been true. The Marines of Geronimo weren’t even in Afghanistan during Move America Forward’s fund drive. Instead, they were deployed more than 3,000 miles away, in Okinawa, Japan.

[Marine Larry] Draughn told ProPublica he had never heard of the charity, which did not contact him before using his story.

“I’m gonna call and ream their butts,” he said. “I never gave them permission to use my name that way.”

After Draughn called, he said, the charity apologized and promised to send him a free gift. More than two months later, the gift still hasn’t arrived.

Each package for an individual service member is paid for with a $24.99 donation, the charity says, but it’s unclear what the $24.99 pays for. The items in each care package are donated, a former consultant who spoke on condition of anonymity said, and volunteers put them together.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/05/exclusive-pro-troop-charity-pays-off-tea-party-cronies-instead.html

Proof aside from some liberal rag??? Might as well cite the DAILYKOS.

3The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 4:10 pm

Sal

Sal

Face it.

You've been fleeced, rube.

4The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 4:18 pm

Sal

Sal

It occurs to me that the phony IRS scandal, and the subsequent efforts to defang any campaign finance regulation enforcement ability it has left, may have less to do with LIBERTEEZ and FREEDUMBZ, and more to do with keeping scam artists operating and hugely profitable.

And, the rubes cheer wildly.

5The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 4:35 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Daily Beast is not a "liberal rag". It was part of Newsweek. You'd better read it. It states clearly at the end that the charity is paying office rent for PAC's and consulting firms.

6The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 5:16 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

And that's not all.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Democracy_And_The_Long_Con

Continental Grift

"Over the last two days, we have seen even more conclusive evidence that a substantial portion of the unofficial Republican party -- and of the movement conservatism that is its primary fuel -- exists primarily as a means for people to make comfortable careers out of fleecing the rubes, the country and their party be damned..."

(Optional accompanying video...love it):

7The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 5:52 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
The Daily Beast is not a "liberal rag".  It was part of Newsweek.  You'd better read it.  It states clearly at the end that the charity is paying office rent for PAC's and consulting firms.  

Newsweek is as liberal as the day is long..... learned the dif in my Poli SCi UWF classes....thanks

8The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/6/2014, 9:08 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Everything except fox news, talk radio, and worldnet daily is liberal. They're the only conservative.

9The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/7/2014, 8:22 am

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
The Daily Beast is not a "liberal rag".  It was part of Newsweek.  You'd better read it.  It states clearly at the end that the charity is paying office rent for PAC's and consulting firms.  

Sole sources are always suspect. If you had done your homework you would have found out the Director is paid $50K annually with only a few people on staff. They pay the rent on the building but the other occupants sharing the building pay all the other expenses. It saves all of them some money.

That said, I prefer contributions to more established concerns instead of these little start ups.

10The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/7/2014, 12:20 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:Wow ....

Proof aside from some liberal rag??? Might as well cite the DAILYKOS.

Or even cite FOX News ... LOL

11The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/7/2014, 12:51 pm

polecat

polecat

Bob wrote:Everything except fox news,  talk radio,  and worldnet daily is liberal.  They're the only conservative.

What about Sarah Palin world news,

12The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/7/2014, 1:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Sole sources are always suspect. If you had done your homework you would have found out the Director is paid $50K annually with only a few people on staff. They pay the rent on the building but the other occupants sharing the building pay all the other expenses. It saves all of them some money.

That said, I prefer contributions to more established concerns instead of these little start ups.

I did my homework, Gomer. I also provided links. You have provided no proof.

13The Griftiest Grift of All Empty Re: The Griftiest Grift of All 8/7/2014, 2:08 pm

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I did my homework, Gomer.  I also provided links.  You have provided no proof.

What a brainwashed drone. I think one your wires fell off....

The Griftiest Grift of All Images-8

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum