Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF TOUCH GOP RAPIDLY SEALS FATE WITH MAJORITY OF AMERICANS

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
Floridatexan
knothead
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

knothead

knothead

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/out-of-touch-gop-rapidly_b_5650490.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

It is my hope America wakes up to strike a stake in the heart of todays's GOP who have settled with doing nothing and playing four corners running out the clock! This must end . . .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/out-of-touch-gop-rapidly_b_5650490.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

It is my hope America wakes up to strike a stake in the heart of todays's GOP who have settled with doing nothing and playing four corners running out the clock! This must end . . .

The congressional record speaks for itself here. GOP = Grifters On Parade.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/out-of-touch-gop-rapidly_b_5650490.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

How many bills passed by the house have not been brought up for a vote by Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

How many bills passed by the house have not been brought up for a vote by Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader?

Who would want to pass any of the bills coming out of John Boehner's 113th Congress (bought and paid for by corporate America--whores every one of them R and D)?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who would want to pass any of the bills coming out of John Boehner's 113th Congress (bought and paid for by corporate America--whores every one of them R and D)?

Can't that be said of the bills the left would like passed? Policies that fall outside of common ground are contentious.

As they should be.

knothead

knothead

I disagree pkr . . . . there are bills that would pass the House if Boehner would allow them to come to the floor for a vote, i.e., minimum wage, immigration reform, comprehensive infrastructure investment are some to come to mind that absolutely could pass if a vote were allowed. They refuse to allow any bill that would help the nation and/or its people, instead they had time and the inclination to vote on a bill to repeal the ACA over fifty times a measure that was meant to play to their narrow base but is a waste of time and money. Also, the House refused to pass even fundamental things like approving Ambassadors to countries like Sierra Leone, Guatemala and even Russia. They took the time to vote to sue to President but from where I stand it is clear he should file a counter suit because they have abdicated their responsibility to do even the most fundamental things required to govern. It is just unbelievable to me that America would not kick these punks out of office on their ear simply because they have demonstrated time and again that they have no intention of helping the nation or its people!

How are bills to allow immigrants who are law breakers be allowed to stay here and suck off the teat of taxpayers like you or me? Americans have overwhelmingly rejected the open borders idea of Obama. The ACA does need to be repealed as it is killing any type of job growth whatsoever. It's not just the GOP who is stubborn here as your portray. Hell, you guys had total control of the entire government from 2009 to 2011 and you couldn't even pas a damn budget. Why? Was it because you were too busy writing stupid legislation like the ACA and shoving it down our throats? You picked the wrong battle in the war to win and it cost you the HOR in 2010 and wil cost you the Senate in 2014.

Tell Obama to put down his pen and phone for a bit and find some way to compromise on something.

If Obama enacts immigration reform by pen and a phone, you'll lose the WH in 2016.

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Tell Obama to put down his pen and phone for a bit and find some way to compromise on something.

He has no one to call that has some balls . . .

You mean he can't call himself either lol

gatorfan

The Dem majority in the Senate are just as incompetent as the House Rep. majority. NEITHER side will give an inch because they are worried about the upcoming election and don't want to hand the other side anything that looks remotely like a win.

To think this total failure of a Congress is strictly due to Rep. intransigence is disingenuous if not outright ignorant.

I throw a lot of blame on Obama - he has contributed just as much to the severe divisiveness of this Congress as anything else. Instead of acting like a statesman he has acted more like a spoiled little child when things don't go exactly his way.

They all need to be replaced.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:The Dem majority in the Senate are just as incompetent as the House Rep. majority.

I would argue that the senate is more in touch with reality due to the fact that senators are voted on by the statewide population.  Members of the house, however, have the luxury of selecting their voters by process of gerrymandered districts; hence they can can be completely out to lunch - as we clearly see that they are now - and yet remain relatively safe come election time.

More people voted for democrats during the 2010 mid-term elections, though the headlines that we all saw told a tale of a republican "shellacking".   Gerrymandered districts allowed that to happen.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-19/republicans-win-congress-as-democrats-get-most-votes.html

dumpcare

If Rand Paul would completely disassociate himself with the tea party, which I believe he is trying to do (might be too late though) and become a moderate republican and stays on course I believe I'd vote for him.

knothead

knothead

gatorfan wrote:

The Dem majority in the Senate are just as incompetent as the House Rep. majority. NEITHER side will give an inch because they are worried about the upcoming election and don't want to hand the other side anything that looks remotely like a win.

To think this total failure of a Congress is strictly due to Rep. intransigence is disingenuous if not outright ignorant.

I throw a lot of blame on Obama - he has contributed just as much to the severe divisiveness of this Congress as anything else. Instead of acting like a statesman he has acted more like a spoiled little child when things don't go exactly his way.

I partially agree since it is both sides and there is sufficient blame to spread around. It is the GOP controlled House that must act responsibly and they have done everything but act responsible . . . your comments denying the GOP intransigence reveals your own partisan prism through which you choose to excuse their behavior . . . . you cannot blame President Obama for the House' inability to perform the most basic tasks of governance and their approval rating reflects the same.

gatorfan

knothead wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I.

I partially agree since it is both sides and there is sufficient blame to spread around.  It is the GOP controlled House that must act responsibly and they have done everything but act responsible . . . your comments denying the GOP intransigence reveals your own partisan prism through which you choose to excuse their behavior . . . . you cannot blame President Obama for the House' inability to perform the most basic tasks of governance and their approval rating reflects the same.  

That's just laughable KH. Unlike you I blamed both - read the line again and find that you are wrong in saying I am denying R intransigence. It's saying they aren't the only intransigent party infesting the House.

If my desire to see all those clowns tossed is "excusing their behavior" then obviously you are just a hyper-partisan hack who can't see the big picture. Amazing.

And yes, I can throw blame at Obama who has never made a real attempt to throw oil on the water in the Congress to get things moving. No, acting like a spoiled child isn't going to work anymore for Obama as MANY Americans agree if you are a poll watcher.

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:If Rand Paul would completely disassociate himself with the tea party, which I believe he is trying to do (might be too late though) and become a moderate republican and stays on course I believe I'd vote for him.

Aqua Buddha is busy trying to disassociate himself from his past statements and positions.

He's ambitious, but he's a lightweight.

OUT OF TOUCH GOP RAPIDLY SEALS FATE WITH MAJORITY OF AMERICANS  D0b75b11fdc80682a076f28ddf765449

Last edited by Sal on 8/6/2014, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

This both-sides-do-it-equally bullshit bugs the hell out of me.

On one side you have the Democrats, who are just about who they have been for the past 30-some-odd years - spineless crybabies quick to acquiesce in the name of getting something, anything, done.

On the other side you have the modern version of the GOP, who have abandoned all duties to governance of the nation in favor of a collection of shrill Bible-thumpers, wild-eyed goldbug conspiracy theorists, and milksops to the new plutocracy, who are more than enthusiastic to look at the United States as nothing more than one more mountain top to remove, one more river to contaminate, and one more beach to tar.

The Republican Party, especially in the House, are a group pf batshit insane, poo-flinging imbeciles.

If acknowledging this fact makes me a hyper-partisan hack, then so be it.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:This both-sides-do-it-equally bullshit bugs the hell out of me.

On one side you have the Democrats, who are just about who they have been for the past 30-some-odd years - spineless crybabies quick to acquiesce in the name of getting something, anything, done.

On the other side you have the modern version of the GOP, who have abandoned all duties to governance of the nation in favor of a collection of shrill Bible-thumpers, wild-eyed goldbug conspiracy theorists, and milksops to the new plutocracy, who are more than enthusiastic to look at the United States as nothing more than one more mountain top to remove, one more river to contaminate, and one more beach to tar.

The Republican Party, especially in the House, are a group pf batshit insane, poo-flinging imbeciles.

Fairly accurate definitions of the loons occupying Congress right now.

I don't think all R's are as bad the crack heads in Congress and I don't think all D's are the same as the pea brains there. There are many moderate voters in both parties who, it seems, have just given up. Part of the reason is the media focus on nothing but negatives.

I get frustrated by people who paint an entire party with the same broad brush dipped in the paint splatters of the elected morons.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/entire-section-of-rand-pauls-book-copied-verbatim-from-case

gatorfan wrote:
Sal wrote:This both-sides-do-it-equally bullshit bugs the hell out of me.

Fairly accurate definitions of the loons occupying Congress right now.

I don't think all R's are as bad the crack heads in Congress and I don't think all D's are the same as the pea brains there. There are many moderate voters in both parties who, it seems, have just given up. Part of the reason is the media focus on nothing but negatives.

I get frustrated by people who paint an entire party with the same broad brush dipped in the paint splatters of the elected morons.

All of the (D's) sold out with Obama on the ACA, so there is not any middle ground on D side of aisle even though they are running from it as fast as they can to get reelected this Fall.

knothead

knothead

How are bills to allow immigrants who are law breakers be allowed to stay here and suck off the teat of taxpayers like you or me?

Both sides are for immigration reform IF they could get the opportunity to VOTE on it in the House . . . . this is but one example PD. They have abdicated their responsibility to the country in my opinion.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:How are bills to allow immigrants who are law breakers be allowed to stay here and suck off the teat of taxpayers like you or me?

Both sides are for immigration reform IF they could get the opportunity to VOTE on it in the House . . . . this is but one example PD.  They have abdicated their responsibility to the country in my opinion.

SEAL the border and then, and only then is there a foundation for immigration reform.

Until then, there is nothing to discuss.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:How are bills to allow immigrants who are law breakers be allowed to stay here and suck off the teat of taxpayers like you or me?

Both sides are for immigration reform IF they could get the opportunity to VOTE on it in the House . . . . this is but one example PD.  They have abdicated their responsibility to the country in my opinion.

SEAL the border and then, and only then is there a foundation for immigration reform.

Until then, there is nothing to discuss.

Through your statement you have set an imaginary and impossible thresh hold to attain . . . . the border will NEVER be sealed no matter what we do. There are sufficient Republicans who would approve a comprehensive immigration reform bill if only John Boy would allow it to come to the floor for a vote. Smart republicans are beginning to understand that stupid is as stupid does and this is but one example of why the GOP is in a state of . . . . well . . . . you fill in the blank. It doesn't bode well for them as long as they attach themselves to such ridiculous language . . . . preposterous!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum