Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Curse of a Standing Army

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Curse of a Standing Army Empty The Curse of a Standing Army 8/27/2012, 9:23 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance301.html

The creation of the MIC

<blockquote>
No tyranny
can rule without military force, and when a central government
has access to a standing army, then not even long traditions,
faith, or well-entrenched legal systems can constrain a tyrant’s
whim.

A standing
army is a perpetual temptation for a king to impose his will by
force somewhere, if not abroad in imperial conquest, then
in tyranny upon the people at home – or both.

The welfare and warfare states are "evil twins, constantly
feeding and empowering the other." They are "one and the
same, fueled by the same lusts, toward the same ends, by the same
spirit."

Because he writes from a Christian perspective, McDurmon is distressed that
"many Christians uncritically praise every advance of American
ship and jet, hailing every missile strike with strains of ‘God
Bless America.’" Thus, he emphasizes that if[/size]

<blockquote>
American
Christians, especially fundamentalists and evangelicals, are serious
about the Bible and biblical freedom, they have got to end their
love affair with America’s standing army. It is unbiblical; it
is outrageously, unbiblically expensive; and it is invasive, destructive,
and deadly, most often not in pure defense.

</blockquote>
</blockquote>

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 8/27/2012, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

my son told me something I thought I would never hear and I never really thought about it.

He said our army is like living in a communistic country.

He said you have multitudes of people who do different jobs and all get paid the same based on rank. He said he would get pissed when over in iraq and he would come back from being shot at and the cooks would complain they havnt had a day off all week, and he said he would say he hasnt had a day off yet. and those people would make the same as him. He has a point.

He also has a point on how we are hiring these mercinaries to go over and he said they are lazy, do what they want, when they want and make a freaking fortune.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy8 wrote:my son told me something I thought I would never hear and I never really thought about it.

He said you have multitudes of people who do different jobs and all get paid the same based on rank. He said he would get pissed when over in iraq and he would come back from being shot at and the cooks would complain they havnt had a day off all week, and he said he would say he hasnt had a day off yet. and those people would make the same as him. He has a point.

He also has a point on how we are hiring these mercinaries to go over and he said they are lazy, do what they want, when they want and make a freaking fortune.

I thank him for his service Chrissy. He didn't set up this imperialistic nightmare we have now. Politicians and corporations did that as a tool to get filthy rich and control other countries and ultimately us. He and I both marched off believing the propaganda and seeking adventure. Looks like we both were disillusioned by the experience. I am Glad he's home safe and sound.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:my son told me something I thought I would never hear and I never really thought about it.

I thank him for his service Chrissy. He didn't set up this imperialistic nightmare we have now. Politicians and corporations did that as a tool to get filthy rich and control other countries and ultimately us. He and I both marched off believing the propaganda and seeking adventure. Looks like we both were disillusioned by the experience. I am Glad he's home safe and sound.

Thank you Teo, I talked to him about you last night for the longest time. We talked about some of your thoughts. He feels very much like you do about the military and as you know his experiance has changed/educated me to the true reality of what it is.

5The Curse of a Standing Army Empty Re: The Curse of a Standing Army 8/27/2012, 10:02 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Tell him to watch what he says to friends. As you know, the government goons are targeting military returnees as potential terrorists and disappearing them into insane asylums...all the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum