Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A breath of fresh air

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A breath of fresh air Empty A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 9:39 am

General discussion so no politics...

What's your hobby, pastime, or even the work that you do that you enjoy?

Just curious. Always believe there is a really interesting and fun side as opposed to the deep thinking that goes on around here. (stick with the question not the remark on the deep thinking.  Razz )

2A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 10:31 am

I teach wheelchair tennis and coach high school sports... not sure about this year tho.

3A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 10:42 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I enjoy time spent with my children and grandchildren. My grandchildren are active in soccer, basketball, baseball ans softball. During the season we spend most of our time at the recreation center. Not unusual to have 5-6 games a week.

4A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 10:57 am

A breath of fresh air Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAxqDZ1Wn6IVLzhTbSLjLrsods8Bc7OcOVSilT0YamMvYoiJdOEQ

My grandchildren, walks in the wood, science & math, reading, a good movie, music, good food and wine, Renaissance festivals, sitting by the fireplace & campfires, and a whole lot of other stuff.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jXzMbG7lbU

Very Happy

5A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 11:55 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I have been doing what I call experimental (and sometimes not so experimental) ceramics. I use hand building techniques, no wheel work, mostly slab construction. I am also developing forms using fabric and slip that are interesting and different. As one of my potter friends said, well, I've never seen anything like that before!

I have a home studio and show pieces at Miles Antique Mall in Pensacola and the Dragonfly Gallery in Milton.

6A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 3:19 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

really good thread!

7A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 3:38 pm

Kids are grown and no grands yet so I had to re-invent myself a bit. Had to go back and find ME prior to being a mom. My name tells it a big part of what I like to do. Also like trying my hand at artistic endeavors whether it's stripping and refinishing furniture or drawing.

Love hearing all the "enjoyment of life" from everyone. It all sounds good to me! Very Happy 

8A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 3:40 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:I have been doing what I call experimental (and sometimes not so experimental) ceramics. I use hand building techniques, no wheel work, mostly slab construction. I am also developing forms using fabric and slip that are interesting and different. As one of my potter friends said, well, I've never seen anything like that before!

I have a home studio and show pieces at Miles Antique Mall in Pensacola and the Dragonfly Gallery in Milton.

Sounds interesting!  Miles Antique Mall is the old Miles Furniture, right?

9A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 3:41 pm

PkrBum wrote:I teach wheelchair tennis and coach high school sports... not sure about this year tho.

Wow!  That's great.

Damaged and Joani...your off time sounds good to me!

10A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 4:14 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

For my whole life my hobby and work have been one and the same.  Except now I'm retired so I do it only as a hobby.
Some call it hoarder.  Some call it junking.  Some call it Fred Sanford.  I like to call it urban archaeology.

Here's an example of it.  Just this morning I picked up this little piece of pensacola history at a garage sale.

A breath of fresh air 20140710

for non-pensacolians this will explain it...

http://matthew-hilburn.com/index.php?itemid=80&catid=7

I found this photo on the internet showing the top of a bar stool like it. Who knows it could be the same one...

A breath of fresh air Trader10

11A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 6:04 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

SheWrites wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I have been doing what I call experimental (and sometimes not so experimental) ceramics. I use hand building techniques, no wheel work, mostly slab construction. I am also developing forms using fabric and slip that are interesting and different. As one of my potter friends said, well, I've never seen anything like that before!

Sounds interesting!  Miles Antique Mall is the old Miles Furniture, right?

Right, across/near Sacred Heart Hospital on Bayou. They say they are the largest antique mall in Florida, who knew? One thing I like about it is they're open 7 days a week from 10-7 and Sunday noon to 6.

12A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air 7/26/2014, 6:05 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

For my whole life my hobby and work have been one and the same.  Except now I'm retired so I do it only as a hobby.
Some call it hoarder.  Some call it junking.  Some call it Fred Sanford.  I like to call it urban archaeology.

Here's an example of it.  Just this morning I picked up this little piece of pensacola history at a garage sale.

A breath of fresh air 20140710

for non-pensacolians this will explain it...

http://matthew-hilburn.com/index.php?itemid=80&catid=7

I found this photo on the internet showing the top of a bar stool like it.  Who knows it could be the same one...

A breath of fresh air Trader10

That's a great hobby. Do you refinish these "finds" or just stash them away or what?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum