Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling

+2
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obama opens East Coast to oil search
http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/environment/2014/07/18/obama-opens-east-coast-to-oil-search/12846641/

The President is opening up the east coast of the United States to offshore seismic surveys by energy companies. He wants to see how much oil might be lying beneath the seabed there. No president has ever allowed this; not even a Republican one.

Whenever I bring up Obama’s energy policies, the standard wingnut retort is: “…He won’t open up any federal lands to drilling… Harumph!!!” The truth is, President Obama has been one of the friendliest presidents toward energy companies in recent history.

U.S. oil production has soared during Obama’s presidency; recently topping over 8 million barrels per day—and it is still climbing. The president has done nothing to impede exploration and production of new reserves found in America’s shale formations, which now may top well over 100 billion barrels of recoverable oil. And now, Obama wants to find out how many billions of barrels lie off our Atlantic coast.

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Oil_ri10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Obama opens East Coast to oil search
http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/environment/2014/07/18/obama-opens-east-coast-to-oil-search/12846641/

The President is opening up the east coast of the United States to offshore seismic surveys by energy companies. He wants to see how much oil might be lying beneath the seabed there. No president has ever allowed this; not even a Republican one.

Whenever I bring up Obama’s energy policies, the standard wingnut retort is: “…He won’t open up any federal lands to drilling… Harumph!!!” The truth is, President Obama has been one of the friendliest presidents toward energy companies in recent history.

U.S. oil production has soared during Obama’s presidency; recently topping over 8 million barrels per day—and it is still climbing. The president has done nothing to impede exploration and production of new reserves found in America’s shale formations, which now may top well over 100 billion barrels of recoverable oil. And now, Obama wants to find out how many billions of barrels lie off our Atlantic coast.

Great!

Glad he is friendly to energy companies.....he sure made a bundle when he sold all his BP stock a week before the oil spill.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Glad he is friendly to energy companies.....he sure made a bundle when he sold all his BP stock a week before the oil spill.

That's interesting. What are you suggesting, if anything? His investment firm somehow knew via a crystal ball or what, that there was going to be a oil disaster in the Gulf?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Obama opens East Coast to oil search

The President is opening up the east coast of the United States to offshore seismic surveys
by energy companies. He wants to see how much oil might be lying beneath the seabed there. No president has ever allowed this; not even a Republican one.

Obviously no one has ever educated you to the difference between seismic surveys and drilling. Keep up the good work! But really, you are SO easy!

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling ApproveddrillingpermitsonFederalLand11172012_zps58f033d5

What is he doing about the Middle East being on fire, Iraq being taken over by terrorists, Israel being forced to invade Gaza, Russia intentionally shooting down a passenger plane, children by the thousands crossing our border and being anonymously being disbursed around our country. Oh, that's right, he's at Camp David. Quite a desperate escape considering he hates Camp David. Not elegant enough for his taste.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:Glad he is friendly to energy companies.....he sure made a bundle when he sold all his BP stock a week before the oil spill.

That's interesting. What are you suggesting, if anything? His investment firm somehow knew via a crystal ball or what, that there was going to be a oil disaster in the Gulf?

I didn't suggest anything, I made a statement....why don't you look up the players that sold their stock.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Faux10

Markle is really desperate to have to revert to using three year old data filtered through the Fox News propaganda machine.

And what does all of that other shit he said have to do with oil or drilling off the east coast?

Eight million barrels a day, baby! Go suck on a Lemon!

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Laughi34

2seaoat

Mr. Markle........please digest this very slowly......The big complaint is the fallow permits which have been issued. The issuance of a permit means very little except to lock up sectors. Congress has been debating revoking unused permits, and you think the issuance of permit corresponds with exploration and bringing oil and gas to market......hardly.....I do not think you have an elementary grasp of how permitting works and the problems with the same over the last 20 years.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Faux10

Markle is really desperate to have to revert to using three year old data filtered through the Fox News propaganda machine.

And what does all of that other shit he said have to do with oil or drilling off the east coast?

SOURCE...Bureau of Land Management Oil and Gas Statistics

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Socratestoo

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Glad he is friendly to energy companies.....he sure made a bundle when he sold all his BP stock a week before the oil spill.

I didn't suggest anything, I made a statement....why don't you look up the players that sold their stock.

Why don't you just make whatever point you may be aiming for?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Because it's a whole lot easier to throw out baseless innuendo.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Look it up.....it's easy.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Look it up.....it's easy.

So true FT, a lot of that going on from the right these days!

No thanks JM. Do your own work, it's easy. I don't know what you are trying to say, if anything. Looks like nothing at this point.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

SOURCE...Bureau of Land Management Oil and Gas Statistics

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Socratestoo

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Straws10

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle........please digest this very slowly......The big complaint is the fallow permits which have been issued.   The issuance of a permit means very little except to lock up sectors.  Congress has been debating revoking unused permits, and you think the issuance of permit corresponds with exploration and bringing oil and gas to market......hardly.....I do not think you have an elementary grasp of how permitting works and the problems with the same over the last 20 years.

So true. The oil and gas lease is just a lease. It does not guarantee that the leaseholder will see any drilling. Leases can sit idle for decades before any drilling takes place. My grandmother had a fractional interest in some mineral rights out in California. She and her sisters signed one lease in 1935, and drilling didn't commence until 1965. That is the way it goes, whether it is a lease on private lands or a lease on federal lands.

This wingnut meme about "drilling permits on private lands vs. federal lands" still has traction---with the most brainwashed of the conservative ideologues---for some reason. In Markle's world, three year old bargraphs are still relevant, no matter how fluid the data might be.  
Razz

Markle

Markle

Seems as if my far left Progressive friends have given up even trying to defend this Semi-retired President. They rise to the bait so easily it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Either that or they are going out of their way to be terrific foils! Which is it?

4/17/2014 @ 10:02AM

Obama Stymies Oil and Natural Gas Production on Federal Lands

A new nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) report quantifies the Obama administration’s hostility towards America’s oil and natural gas industry. While oil and natural gas production has surged on non-federal lands, President Obama has overseen a decline in production on federal lands.

There are four entities that own land in the United States: the federal government, states, private landowners, and Native Americans. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) at the Department of the Interior is charged with leasing, selling, and generally managing oil and natural gas reserves on federal land.

[...]

According to the CRS report, oil production on federal lands actually fell 6 percent between 2009 and 2013. Over the same period of time, oil production increased by an astounding 61 percent on state and private lands. The decrease in federal production is not insubstantial but requires context in the form of state and private production numbers. As a result of these massive gains, crude oil production on state and private lands has risen by 2.1 million barrels per day. That increase alone is more than Algeria, Libya, Qatar, and Norway produce– all countries with storied oil reputations – and explains why the U.S. is on track to be the world’s largest oil producer.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisprandoni/2014/04/17/obama-stymies-oil-and-natural-gas-production-on-federal-lands/

2seaoat

Here’s what happened. You had a whole bunch of oil companies who had leases on public lands that they weren’t using. So what we said was you can’t just sit on this for 10, 20, 30 years, decide when you want to drill, when you want to produce, when it’s most profitable for you. These are public lands. So if you want to drill on public lands, you use it or you lose it. And so what we did was take away those leases. And we are now reletting them so that we can actually make a profit.

This was the President in the debate with Romney. He won the debates and won the election. The American people thought his use it or lose it was the right policy. The record oil production shows that the American people were right.

Mr. Markle you lost this debate, and you lost the last election on this issue.....do you really like getting whipped again.....whatever floats your boat.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Here’s what happened. You had a whole bunch of oil companies who had leases on public lands that they weren’t using. So what we said was you can’t just sit on this for 10, 20, 30 years, decide when you want to drill, when you want to produce, when it’s most profitable for you. These are public lands. So if you want to drill on public lands, you use it or you lose it. And so what we did was take away those leases. And we are now reletting them so that we can actually make a profit.

This was the President in the debate with Romney.  He won the debates and won the election.  The American people thought his use it or lose it was the right policy.  The record oil production shows that the American people were right.

Mr. Markle you lost this debate, and you lost the last election on this issue.....do you really like getting whipped again.....whatever floats your boat.

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling AnimatedLaughterPink

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Poster Markle's desperation is really starting to show.......

COWH Opening Up East Coast to Offshore Drilling Laughi35

I know, my friend... When you have nothing, just Google something.... Anything will do....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum