Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is how I feel about Northwest Florida beaches

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.pcbdaily.com/why-this-beach-girl-loves-the-ocean

Thinking about my friends and family in Florida.

I always like to read stuff like that except it is the
Gulf of Mexico not the Ocean. I wonder if people in Daytona write about going swimming in the Gulf. LOL

Nekochan

Nekochan

If they've been to Northwest Florida, then they know better! Smile
I love the Gulf, the Ocean, or any nice beach in the world. And Daytona is nice, but it's a different kind of beach than what y'all have in Northwest FL. The coast of Northwest FL is magic.

Nekochan wrote:If they've been to Northwest Florida, then they know better! Smile
I love the Gulf, the Ocean, or any nice beach in the world. And Daytona is nice, but it's a different kind of beach than what y'all have in Northwest FL. The coast of Northwest FL is magic.

It really is.

Before the oil spill I used to take my boat around to the pass, where eric hangs out. The water there used to be crystal clear, it would look like 3 feet but would be 15. reminded me of the bahamas.

after the spill I went a couple times and it was scary and dark. I moved shortly after that and dont know if it is back to being that way. I always wonder though.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I used to have a little Hunter 25 that I'd sail over to Fort McRae, anchor there and then go and explore the island.

Sometimes I miss those days, but it's good not to have to worry about a boat right now. I used to stress out so badly. I usually double-anchored in that lagoon at Pensacola Beach and hoped for the best.

When you anchor in the lagoon, you have to swim to shore unless you have a dinghy. One time, I took a friend to help me get the boat all set out. When it was time to swim to shore, he said, "Uhhh....I can't swim."

It was not fun swimming to shore with a 200-pound-plus gentleman in tow, even when he's using a life preserver. Smile

PBulldog2 wrote:I used to have a little Hunter 25 that I'd sail over to Fort McRae, anchor there and then go and explore the island.

Sometimes I miss those days, but it's good not to have to worry about a boat right now. I used to stress out so badly. I usually double-anchored in that lagoon at Pensacola Beach and hoped for the best.

When you anchor in the lagoon, you have to swim to shore unless you have a dinghy. One time, I took a friend to help me get the boat all set out. When it was time to swim to shore, he said, "Uhhh....I can't swim."

It was not fun swimming to shore with a 200-pound-plus gentleman in tow, even when he's using a life preserver. Smile

LOL thats so funny you should say that. People used to think I was crazy because I would dock my boat just off the shore where I lived, and we would wade out to get in it.

Those were damn good times PB Very Happy

We would walk out onto the pier and hit two buttons and the boat would be lowered into the water. I liked that too.

Yomama wrote:We would walk out onto the pier and hit two buttons and the boat would be lowered into the water. I liked that too.

that kinda reminds me of people who think they are camping when they are in a camper trailer lol!

I actually enjoyed having to wade out to the boat and climb on it. I think that was part of the fun.

I think its great you can do that, its G6

But I do think we miss so much enjoyment in life when we are well off and have things too easy.

Sometimes the best memories are the messes we get ourselves into.

like the time I left my boat docked in the winter and the bilge pump went out. It sank. but the water was only 3 feet deep.

That sounds bad doesnt it. well it was at the time. but my dad was the only person who would go out and help me. Him and I waded out to it and it was freezing cold and we fixed the bilge pump after we dumped a ton of water over the edge. I wouldnt trade that memory for nothing. He's pretty much completly blind now, so those days were good. Joanie met my dad btw. he thought she was so sexy he went off and got hima wife that almost looks exactly like her.

We bought a 14 footer with a 70- HP outboard. It was well used, but it was new to me. I parked it behind the house at the pier (before the lift was installed). Early the next morning i was excited about going boating and I looked out back to see that the boat was missing.

Then I saw a patch of blue that was the color of the hull, but it was only a couple of square feet. What? What? OH, MAN! The boat was almost completely under water.

After flushing, replacing crystallized wires and such, we got the engine running, but it never was worth a hoot. I sold it for a hundred dollars.

There was a pinhole in the transom, but it didn't go all the way through. It did, however, go far enough to hit a void in the transom plywood, where a different pinhole met the void in a different location on the inside.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Speaking of the gulf. I used to spearfish...

... those other divers used Hawaiian slings back in the day but I used a 12 gauge bang stick...could stop a 15 ft Tiger shark with one shot and make chum out of a large sheephead....nothing like carrying a ridiculously overpowered "pole spear". Of course that was right after Jaws came out and I thought all those big sharks would eat me. Now I feel bad for the two critters I hit, all I can say it was quick. Anything you do has a learning curve....

Yomama wrote:We bought a 14 footer with a 70- HP outboard. It was well used, but it was new to me. I parked it behind the house at the pier (before the lift was installed). Early the next morning i was excited about going boating and I looked out back to see that the boat was missing.

Then I saw a patch of blue that was the color of the hull, but it was only a couple of square feet. What? What? OH, MAN! The boat was almost completely under water.

After flushing, replacing crystallized wires and such, we got the engine running, but it never was worth a hoot. I sold it for a hundred dollars.

There was a pinhole in the transom, but it didn't go all the way through. It did, however, go far enough to hit a void in the transom plywood, where a different pinhole met the void in a different location on the inside.

That sucks.

My boat engine never went under water, I had it up.

Before I go do let me tell you what I did with my boat.

I gave it away back to the people who sold it to me. Why? because the old man was almost dead and that boat meant everything to him when I bought it, and they said they never had such a good boat ever since that one. It was a 21 ft deep hull fishing boat with a cuddy and the engine was supreme. I would pull new boats out of the bay with it back in the day.

I dont feel bad about it. It was fun while I had it.

Enjoy life. Its a Gift, so is everything you get to do fun while your in life.

if people forget that, then they are already dead.

I enjoy your stories and your pictures, dont ever stop.

Chrissy, spend some quality time with your son. Stay off this damn forum for a while.

Stay safe.

drunken

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:Chrissy, spend some quality time with your son. Stay off this damn forum for a while.

Stay safe.

drunken

I second that.

Yomama wrote:Chrissy, spend some quality time with your son. Stay off this damn forum for a while.

Stay safe.

drunken
Laughing

I will, he dont want me up his ass though.

btw

did you give me a udate of if the water and bottom are back clear in the pass?

Chrissy8 wrote:did you give me a udate of if the water and bottom are back clear in the pass?

It looks as clear as it used to be, Chrissy. But I have to admit that we haven't been out to the pass much this year. BP cleanup crews are still picking stuff up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum