Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was the death of 22 month old, left in a hot car, an accident?

+5
TEOTWAWKI
Floridatexan
Sal
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dad takes son to breakfast at Chick Filet straps him in car seat and drives .2 mikes to work leaving the toddler in the car. Dad goes to his car at lunch and still doesn't remember his son. On the way home that evening he remembers son and attempts resuscitation. Dad lies and said his son was choking. Dad , days before incident, searches online death of animals left in hot cars.

It doesn't add up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2671165/Father-charged-murder-son-died-91F-SUV-barred-toddlers-funeral-police-reveal-did-internet-search-long-takes-animals-die-hot-cars.html

2seaoat

It makes sense if he was an owner of a pure bred papered dog.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Come on Seaoat.....sounds like dad committed murder and wants sympathy from people like you.

Sal

Sal

It looks bad, but I'd like to understand the motive behind a crime like this.

From what I've read the computer search evidence is pretty flimsy, and his excuse could've simply been born of panic.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:It looks bad, but I'd like to understand the motive behind a crime like this.

From what I've read the computer search evidence is pretty flimsy, and his excuse could've simply been born of panic.

What excuse?

Sal

Sal

That the kid was choking.

I just can't conceive of possible motive for doing such a thing, especially in this manner.

2seaoat

If it was murder 1, he is the dumbest murderer on record. First, to leave a child in a car is going to have everybody angry and crying for a pound of flesh, and he was facing a manslaughter charge. There are a million ways to kill a child and get away with it, but putting your own child in your car and letting that child die in the heat requires the monster factor......we can understand the monster factor when folks subject pure bred animals to genetic harm.....they want a designer animal and papers showing off a pedigree, but what possible motive would this father have to simply kill a child in this manner. Doughnuts to dollars LEO wants a pound of flesh.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2/10 tenths of a mile from Chick Fil A to the day care on the same property as his work place, he forgets about the child. He goes to his car at lunch time, he forgets about the child. He leaves work without going to the day care, he forgets about the child. Suddenly , in front of a shopping center, a couple of miles away, he remembers the child.

I'm not buying it.

2seaoat

I'm not buying it.

Buying it or not buying it will not save this child or future children. Cars are dangerous for infants. We need safeguards, and yes he could have drove into a semi and killed himself and the child, but that would seem like an accident. My brother-in-laws step son drove his car full speed into a semi killing himself instantly and seriously injuring the truck driver. At the wake the family who thought this 26 year old had an accident found out that he had left a voice message on his former girlfriends voicemail.......and it was no longer an accident buy a horrible intentional act which selfishly put other people at risk.....it was amazing the change in attitude at that wake hearing the whispers. This most certainly could be an intentional act, or it could be an overzealous police department on a witch hunt which will give them political brownie points.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have heard of many suicides by Semi- trucks.

This guy is being charged with murder.

Sal

Sal

I'd like to know where this guy parked his car while at work. 

Did he park in an isolated area, or in his normal spot?

I agree with Oats. 

If this was a murder, he's one of the stupidest murderers EVAR. 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I can't conceive of this being on purpose...but there are people who shouldn't have children. It's also hard to see it as an accident...how do you forget your kid? I do find it interesting that Seaoat would like this guy to be innocent. I wonder about drugs and alcohol.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:I can't conceive of this being on purpose...but there are people who shouldn't have children.  It's also hard to see it as an accident...how do you forget your kid?  I do find it interesting that Seaoat would like this guy to be innocent.  I wonder about drugs and alcohol.  

Because you don't want it to be.....

What was the motive of him killing his son? I don't think we have all the info. on this case. Just looking up an animal is not sufficient. It could have been coincidental.

Sal

Sal

Just doesn't make any sense. 

Can you imagine a dude who wanted to kill his kid leaving him in an office parking lot for eight hours where anyone could've come across him and heard him crying. 

This guy is an idiot and criminally negligent, but no murderer. 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Aw can't we just chalk it off as a late term abortion ? I mean you act like this kid was way past being a fetus or something....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If he googled "how long will a dog last in a closed car?" then my question is does he own a dog. If he doesn't, that computer evidence would become more damning to me.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Just doesn't make any sense. 

Can you imagine a dude who wanted to kill his kid leaving him in an office parking lot for eight hours where anyone could've come across him and heard him crying. 

You are like FT.....you just can't get past the pure evil.

2seaoat

Seaoat would like this guy to be innocent. I wonder about drugs and alcohol.

As a child my parents had me in the front seat of a two thousand pound death trap with no belt, no air bags, no padded dash, and ash trays pulled out with stamped steel with razor blade sharp edges, and they would drive kids around.....were they monsters......no, but the foreseeable risk was there and our means of eliminating risks took fifty years, and we are still improving on designs, but NOBODY wants to think of the horror of a parent intentionally killing their children.....so yes, I would feel better if it was just one more negligent parent.....it still does not make it right, but it makes it human.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:Just doesn't make any sense. 

You are like FT.....you just can't get past the pure evil.  

No, ....

.... I can't get past the lack of logic. 

dumpcare

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-father-justin-harris-told-police-he-researched-child-car-n143286

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:If he googled "how long will a dog last in a closed car?" then my question is does he own a dog.  If he doesn't,  that computer evidence would become more damning to me.

Like PPACA said.....he told the police he had searched to see how long it takes a child to die in a hot car, and what temperature it had to be.

He went completely off his daily routine...not taking the child to daycare which is at his work place. Returning to the car at noon. Leaving work bypassing the daycare center.....and not noticing the smell.

This case has taken a dark and scary turn. I wonder if this guy is mentally ill?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:This case has taken a dark and scary turn. I wonder if this guy is mentally ill?

Or a sociopath that planned the "accidental" death of his son.

Well, that's pretty disturbing he looked that up and then it happened. I would like to know what the motive was? Whether he had insurance on him or was having an affair and was planning on leaving his wife and didn't want child support payments or even he never wanted to be a father? There was some reason if he did this. Or he is a very unlucky MF'er this happened to. There has to be more to this story the police know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum