Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare falls far short of newly insured - FAIL

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Obamacare Exchanges Are ‘Disappointing’ With Fewer Than 4 Million Newly Insured. The Government Hoped for 26 Million.

In April, President Obama told the nation that “marketplace” or “exchange” enrollment, at 8 million customers as of March 31, had exceeded expectations and costs were lower than expected.

Many in the news media accepted the selectively released statistics, despite the Obama administration’s record of sometimes providing inaccurate or incomplete information on HealthCare.gov. Even today, the government continues to withhold relevant public information on costs and enrollment requested by Congress and the press under the Freedom of Information Act.

Why did the media accept inaccurate or incomplete information on Obamacare ??? SPIN that is why.

So, FAILURE.....what else would we expect from this ADMIN???

Many who were considered uninsurable now have affordable policies. But the Affordable Care Act has shifted the cost burden for those who already had insurance. More policies now have bigger deductibles and cost more.

AND THE SAME QUESTIONS REMAIN-

Key questions include:
•How many actually have enrolled?
•How many of those were previously uninsured?
•How has Obamacare affected the overall pool of uninsured?
•What percentage of eligible people have signed up?
•What’s the cost?

EPIC fail on all counts.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/24/obamacare-exchanges-disappointing/

You know whats worse than obamacare not insuring more newly insured?
At least with newly insured as promised hospitals and physician offices would have new patients to help deal with the cuts in payments.

Now millions of peoples insurance has sky rocketed. and to top that off there are millions of people that are holding insurance cards but cant afford to use them because of extreme high deductibles. Those plans are basically useless unless they have a catastrophic event.

And to top it off, insurance companies now act like government agencies, dictating to you regulations you must meet in order to get paid. On top of the actual gov regulations.

There is something really big going on in FL( and other places I am sure) right now that is going to close a lot of places and put a lot more people out of work. And decreased the providers the insured will be able to see more than has already happened the last couple of years.

By this time next year, only the big tuff dogs will be standing. Waiting for those who hold a card they cant use but rarely.

And as we see employers get out of the business of offering insurance as a benefit which is what Obama and his minions wants, its going to be even more bleek. People are being held hostage and sent into the unknown without a say so.

The stuff I am hearing out of my friends who are in hospitals now is really crazy. crazy scary.

My guess was that the real number was about half of what obama was claiming.

But I don't think we'll get any conclusive numbers until after the election... conveniently.

Atleast... that's been the pattern from this administration.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:My guess was that the real number was about half of what obama was claiming.

But I don't think we'll get any conclusive numbers until after the election... conveniently.

Im not sure we will ever have any real numbers.

I can say for a fact that peoples ins is very high and many of them are surprised about the deductibles being so high. I guess a lot of people are a little slow and don't pick up about that when they buy. So those people are basically treated as cash payers until that deductible is met, which is never all year for a normal healthy person.

btw, Im pretty sure there will be more data coming out in 2015 as even more of the aca is implemented.

BTW ppaca, please provide me with links. I can not see vids on this forum anymore. thanks

People choose their deductible w/ Obamacare so just like any other plan. Mine is $500. It was my choice.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:

Which posters from this forum would have been suitable to be interviewed for that piece?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

Ti wrote:
PkrBum wrote:My guess was that the real number was about half of what obama was claiming.

I can say for a fact that peoples ins is very high and many of them are surprised about the deductibles being so high. I guess a lot of people are a little slow and don't pick up about that when they buy. So those people are basically treated as cash payers until that deductible is met, which is never all year for a normal healthy person.

btw, Im pretty sure there will be more data coming out in 2015 as even more of the aca is implemented.

BTW ppaca, please provide me with links. I can not see vids on this forum anymore. thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE&feature=kp

dumpcare

[quote="ZVUGKTUBM"]
ppaca wrote:

Which posters from this forum would have been suitable to be interviewed for that piece?[/quote

Don't know, but since I would consider this part of the general population and we have people everyday saying I want to change my plan to the ACA but I don't want obamacare, I would say there are a few.

ppaca wrote:
Ti wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE&feature=kp

apparently you've given up on the topic. To be honest I really have to. I am dealing with it on a daily basis though. And people are maaaaaaaaaaad.......

I'm still mad. thing is, all the big things were saved for last to roll out and many of them were delayed. but anyway, have fun with your jokes.

dumpcare

Not given up, but it's like beating a dead horse. I find it strange that everyone hones in on how many signed up on the exchange's and say it failed. ACA or obamacare whatever you want to call it had about 8 million sign up off exchange (according to the nations insurance company's) so therefore there was probably closer to 12-13 million that actually signed up.

ppaca wrote:Not given up, but it's like beating a dead horse. I find it strange that everyone hones in on how many signed up on the exchange's and say it failed. ACA or obamacare whatever you want to call it had about 8 million sign up off exchange (according to the nations insurance company's) so therefore there was probably closer to 12-13 million that actually signed up.

Well while yall laugh it up about some dumb people thinking aca and Obamacare being diff I'm laughing it up because you forgot Obamacare was supposed to sign up previously uninsured

And it is supposed to be affordable as it's name states

The real spending for aca just started and what's it predicted to cost? 1.4 trillion oh actually I heard the cbo has given up trying to figure out that cost and that fraud is rampant and they are auditing millions of people as I type this and come income tax time 2015 a lot of people are going to be very upset

And let's not forget what is going on in healthcare which all of you do

It's not good

But that isn't the half of it. Obama has made it seem as if his 8 million enrollees are all first-time insurance customers. This is also untrue. "A recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey found that 43 percent of those who purchased insurance through the marketplace already had insurance; 57 percent are newly insured," Attkisson says.

The real tally is damning.

Assuming the most positive estimates--that 85 percent of the 8 million enrollees have paid their premiums and 43 percent had coverage before--the newly insured would number only about 3.9 million. By this time, CBO had projected 19 million would have been removed from the ranks of the uninsured, and CMS predicted 26 million.

3.9 million is a far cry from the 8 million of Obama's claims.

Then comes the cost. For most Americans, healthcare costs will rise, not fall as Obama has claimed.

Attkisson went on, saying, "Avalere, a health care advisory group, looked at nine states and found premium increases this year of 2.5 percent to 16 percent."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/06/24/Obamacare-Customer-Complaints-to-Health-Insurance-Companies-Growing

by ppaca Today at 7:52 am
Not given up, but it's like beating a dead horse. I find it strange that everyone hones in on how many signed up on the exchange's and say it failed. ACA or obamacare whatever you want to call it had about 8 million sign up off exchange (according to the nations insurance company's) so therefore there was probably closer to 12-13 million that actually signed up.
-----
The same govt that asked you to take care of your health care record and care itself just lost several years worth
Of six key IRS folks emails pertaining to fraud and criminal actions..... That's why it is NOT beating a dead horse. We have a right to know the numbers. It's our tax
Money being peed away frivolously. I wonder when the ACA bonuses start for the giant failed implementation of this boondoggle.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Face it, we have some really bold criminals running this country sticking  their tongues out  at us...
Obamacare falls far short of newly insured - FAIL ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblogwillis.zippykidcdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F11%2Fman-stick-out-tongue

dumpcare

Ti wrote:But that isn't the half of it. Obama has made it seem as if his 8 million enrollees are all first-time insurance customers. This is also untrue. "A recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey found that 43 percent of those who purchased insurance through the marketplace already had insurance; 57 percent are newly insured," Attkisson says.

The real tally is damning.

Assuming the most positive estimates--that 85 percent of the 8 million enrollees have paid their premiums and 43 percent had coverage before--the newly insured would number only about 3.9 million. By this time, CBO had projected 19 million would have been removed from the ranks of the uninsured, and CMS predicted 26 million.

3.9 million is a far cry from the 8 million of Obama's claims.

Then comes the cost. For most Americans, healthcare costs will rise, not fall as Obama has claimed.

Attkisson went on, saying, "Avalere, a health care advisory group, looked at nine states and found premium increases this year of 2.5 percent to 16 percent."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/06/24/Obamacare-Customer-Complaints-to-Health-Insurance-Companies-Growing

You see this is the part that is beating a dead horse, I don't dispute your number's on exchange but off exchange almost all were first time buyer's. I wrote many off exchange that never had coverage before and did not qualify for an advanced premium tax credit and then a few that would have nothing to do with the exchange even though they were going to receive help. So while we all sit here an post this and that from news sources, not I or you will probably ever know the true number's, I really doubt anyone does at the govt level or insurance company's because people come and go everyday.

dumpcare

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Face it, we have some really bold criminals running this country sticking  their tongues out  at us...
Obamacare falls far short of newly insured - FAIL ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblogwillis.zippykidcdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F11%2Fman-stick-out-tongue

lol! lol! lol! 

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by ppaca Today at 7:52 am
-----
The same govt that asked you to take care of your health care record and care itself just lost several years worth
Of six key IRS folks emails pertaining to fraud and criminal actions..... That's why it is NOT beating a dead horse. We have a right to know the numbers. It's our tax
Money being peed away frivolously. I wonder when the ACA bonuses start for the giant failed implementation of this boondoggle.

You're right we should know the number's but we won't, just like they will never find those emails and we the people get screwed again.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'll just leave this here. 18% is the highest recorded measure of this data point since Gallup began recording it. 13.4% is the lowest.

Obamacare falls far short of newly insured - FAIL Jqvssymz80sqrusry_syzg

Because polls are so accurate lol

Another subject you know nothing about

See 2012 gallop poll for 2012 presidential election lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158519/romney-obama-gallup-final-election-survey.aspx

Final election results:

Obama - 51.1%
Romney - 47.2%

Gallup poll of registered voters:

Obama - 49%
Romney - 46%

Gallup poll of "Likely voters":

Romney - 49%
Obama - 48%

This doesn't seem all that outrageous to me.  You also have to consider the fact that presidential polling is more touchy than the insurance coverage poll that I posted.  

Asking someone "Who will you vote for?" and then taking your own creative liberty in determining whether or not they are a "likely voter" is quite different than plainly asking someone "Do you have insurance?"

"....falls far short of even what the COWH expected..."

NUF SAID

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Not given up, but it's like beating a dead horse. I find it strange that everyone hones in on how many signed up on the exchange's and say it failed. ACA or obamacare whatever you want to call it had about 8 million sign up off exchange (according to the nations insurance company's) so therefore there was probably closer to 12-13 million that actually signed up.

And 6-7 million LOST their insurance. What a plan!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

And 6-7 million LOST their insurance.  What a plan!

Obamacare falls far short of newly insured - FAIL Jqvssymz80sqrusry_syzg[/quote]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum