Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More than 800,000 German homes are without power simply because they can no longer afford to pay their bills. That's something Boards of FL forgot to mention.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Something Boards of FL forgot to mention.
More than 800,000 German homes are without power simply because they can no longer afford to pay their bills.

For anyone looking for a taste of Australia’s [America's] economic future, then look no further than Germany. For that reason, over the next few posts, STT is going to have a close look at the debacle that is German wind power policy and its disastrous impacts on German business and households.

Germany’s renewable policy – referred to as the “Energiewende” – has seen €billions in power/taxpayer subsidies thrown at wind and solar power at the expense of German industry, manufacturing and families.

Skyrocketing renewables driven power prices are sending once competitive manufacturers and industries to the USA to benefit from energy made cheap by its recent shale oil and gas bonanza (see our post here).

For the same reason, more than 800,000 German homes are without power simply because they can no longer afford to pay their bills (see our post here). That number can only escalate – from the pieces below something like 300,000 households are being disconnected from the grid annually. And, beyond that, an even larger number suffer from what is euphemistically called “fuel poverty” – which is where a household spends more than 10% of its disposable income on energy – leaving them with the stark choice of “heat or eat” – simply because they can no longer afford both.

The fact that – for all the €billions thrown at wind and solar power – German CO2 emissions have increased not decreased – as coal-fired plants are cranked-up to keep the grid from collapsing – simply adds insult to injury (see our post here).

http://stopthesethings.com/2014/04/20/german-wind-power-policy-an-economic-suicide-pact/

2seaoat

Your shill control better get you a more honest answer. German solar in 2012 was producing 22 gig of solar, or the equivalent of twenty nuclear plants. Please Mr. Markle......try again. There are 62 commercial nuclear plants in America. Germany could fit in the state of Texas, yet its solar production daily average could eliminate 1/3 of America's nuclear energy.

Germany is kicking asz, and your revisionist talk about consumers of the huge power which is being generated misses the entire conceptual boat......they are producing huge power averages from solar.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Your shill control better get you a more honest answer.   German solar in 2012 was producing 22 gig of solar, or the equivalent of twenty nuclear plants.  Please Mr. Markle......try again.  There are 62 commercial nuclear plants in America.  Germany could fit in the state of Texas, yet its solar production daily average could eliminate 1/3 of America's nuclear energy.  

Germany is kicking asz, and your revisionist talk about consumers of the huge power which is being generated misses the entire conceptual boat......they are producing huge power averages from solar.

Yes, perhaps they have the energy but, ONCE AGAIN you make a feeble attempt to deter us from the ACTUAL SUBJECT.

Their energy is THREE TIMES THE COST of energy in our country. Just like President Barack Hussein Obama PROMISED!!

2seaoat

There is a total extra cost of five billion a year for solar in Germany.  So yes, there is extra cost compared to coal burning electric generation.  There are also issues with the grid when so much of their power is self generated.  So did you realize that Coal in the United States has received 369 billion of subsidy by the US government, or compared to germany's five billion a year........it will take seventy four years for Germany's higher cost solar to match the subsidies we have given coal.  Germany is completely breaking free of fossil fuel dependence, and they are doing it without the coal subsidy which we have given and therefore for the next seventy four years Germany is going to get a freebee compared to the US pouring our precious energy dollars down the rabbit hole of subsidy for dirty coal, environmental costs, and health care costs.

no stress

no stress

Germany is slightly smaller than Montana in size so if you look at those subsidies in terms of square miles of area or population then we subsidize far less.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What The Telegraph has to say about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/9559656/Germanys-wind-power-chaos-should-be-a-warning-to-the-UK.html

Tell them to call the UN, that's what people in Detroit are doing.

WTH

The new world order has us by the pig tails.  What a Face 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ti wrote:Tell them to call the UN, that's what people in Detroit are doing.

WTH

The new world order has us by the pig tails.  What a Face 

What exactly is "the new world order"?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

According to this, The New World Order is a worldwide oil monopoly.
So I wonder why The New World order would want Germany to switch from oil to windpower? That makes no sense. lol

http://www.reformation.org/oil-monopoly.html

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:There is a total extra cost of five billion a year for solar in Germany.  So yes, there is extra cost compared to coal burning electric generation.  There are also issues with the grid when so much of their power is self generated.  So did you realize that Coal in the United States has received 369 billion of subsidy by the US government, or compared to germany's five billion a year........it will take seventy four years for Germany's higher cost solar to match the subsidies we have given coal.  Germany is completely breaking free of fossil fuel dependence, and they are doing it without the coal subsidy which we have given and therefore for the next seventy four years Germany is going to get a freebee compared to the US pouring our precious energy dollars down the rabbit hole of subsidy for dirty coal, environmental costs, and health care costs.

Please show us your link to a reliable source for the $369 billion subsidy you claim and for how many years. Please show how much they pay in taxes as well or your figure means nothing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This time the information you revealed with this thread is informative, markle.
I may not have learned about it except for you sharing it. It's quite eye-opening actually.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:Something Boards of FL forgot to mention.
More than 800,000 German homes are without power simply because they can no longer afford to pay their bills.

For anyone looking for a taste of Australia’s [America's] economic future, then look no further than Germany. For that reason, over the next few posts, STT is going to have a close look at the debacle that is German wind power policy and its disastrous impacts on German business and households.

Germany’s renewable policy – referred to as the “Energiewende” – has seen €billions in power/taxpayer subsidies thrown at wind and solar power at the expense of German industry, manufacturing and families.

Skyrocketing renewables driven power prices are sending once competitive manufacturers and industries to the USA to benefit from energy made cheap by its recent shale oil and gas bonanza (see our post here).

For the same reason, more than 800,000 German homes are without power simply because they can no longer afford to pay their bills (see our post here). That number can only escalate – from the pieces below something like 300,000 households are being disconnected from the grid annually. And, beyond that, an even larger number suffer from what is euphemistically called “fuel poverty” – which is where a household spends more than 10% of its disposable income on energy – leaving them with the stark choice of “heat or eat” – simply because they can no longer afford both.

The fact that – for all the €billions thrown at wind and solar power – German CO2 emissions have increased not decreased – as coal-fired plants are cranked-up to keep the grid from collapsing – simply adds insult to injury (see our post here).

http://stopthesethings.com/2014/04/20/german-wind-power-policy-an-economic-suicide-pact/

As usual the situation is much more complicated than the article you post suggests. The generation of electricity in Germany is going through a major transition. Higher costs for electricity is an incentive to generate your own which is just what many companies are doing.

I think the high cost of electricity is a parallel to the high cost of gasoline Europeans have been paying for years. What was the result of this high petrol? Why, more efficient cars, more public transportation systems, better highways, more bike riders...in other words a long term policy looking to the end of fossil fuels. In other words a smart energy policy. 

FRANKFURT—German companies are going off the grid.

Every sixth company in Europe's largest economy now generates its own electricity, roughly 50% more than one year ago, according to Germany's Chamber of Commerce and Industry. They range from rural family-owned companies to a vast Dow Chemical Co. DOW +0.80%  plant that consumes 1% of the country's electricity.

The reason? Ever-higher electricity prices—driven in part by a 22% government-mandated levy to fund renewable-energy sources—are prompting companies large and small to invest in their own power-generation infrastructure. Doing so not only shields them from the government surcharge, but also makes them eligible for subsidies designed to encourage energy efficiency and so-called green electricity.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304899704579390871434033460

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

from The New York Times...

German families are being hit by rapidly increasing electricity rates, to the point where growing numbers of them can no longer afford to pay the bill. Businesses are more and more worried that their energy costs will put them at a disadvantage to competitors in nations with lower energy costs, and some energy-intensive industries have begun to shun the country because they fear steeper costs ahead.

Newly constructed offshore wind farms churn unconnected to an energy grid still in need of expansion. And despite all the costs, carbon emissions actually rose last year as reserve coal-burning plants were fired up to close gaps in energy supplies.

A new phrase, “energy poverty,” has entered the lexicon.

“Often, I don’t go into my living room in order to save electricity,” said Olaf Taeuber, 55, who manages a fleet of vehicles for a social services provider in Berlin. “You feel the pain in your pocketbook.”

Mr. Taeuber relies on just a single five-watt bulb that gives off what he calls a “cozy” glow to light his kitchen when he comes home at night. If in real need, he switches on a neon tube, which uses all of 25 watts.

Even so, with his bill growing rapidly, he found himself seeking help last week to fend off a threat from Berlin’s main power company to cut off his electricity. He is one of a growing number of Germans confronting the realities of trying to carry out Ms. Merkel’s most ambitious domestic project and one of the most sweeping energy transformation efforts undertaken by an industrialized country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/19/world/europe/germanys-effort-at-clean-energy-proves-complex.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:Something Boards of FL forgot to mention.

As usual the situation is much more complicated than the article you post suggests. The generation of electricity in Germany is going through a major transition. Higher costs for electricity is an incentive to generate your own which is just what many companies are doing.

I think the high cost of electricity is a parallel to the high cost of gasoline Europeans have been paying for years. What was the result of this high petrol? Why, more efficient cars, more public transportation systems, better highways, more bike riders...in other words a long term policy looking to the end of fossil fuels. In other words a smart energy policy. 

FRANKFURT—German companies are going off the grid.

Every sixth company in Europe's largest economy now generates its own electricity, roughly 50% more than one year ago, according to Germany's Chamber of Commerce and Industry. They range from rural family-owned companies to a vast Dow Chemical Co. DOW +0.80%  plant that consumes 1% of the country's electricity.

The reason? Ever-higher electricity prices—driven in part by a 22% government-mandated levy to fund renewable-energy sources—are prompting companies large and small to invest in their own power-generation infrastructure. Doing so not only shields them from the government surcharge, but also makes them eligible for subsidies designed to encourage energy efficiency and so-called green electricity.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304899704579390871434033460

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nudge_%28book%29

Here's a book you'd probably love. It's co-written by a very influential member of obama's most trusted advisors. It's a basic rundown of the ways to use govt and policies and industry to manipulate or even mandate peoples choices to meet a desired effect. Isn't it wonderful that we have such a benevolent ruling elite? I feel safer knowing someone else is making decisions for me that I may not even be aware of... don't you?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nudge_%28book%29

Here's a book you'd probably love. It's co-written by a very influential member of obama's most trusted advisors. It's a basic rundown of the ways to use govt and policies and industry to manipulate or even mandate peoples choices to meet a desired effect. Isn't it wonderful that we have such a benevolent ruling elite? I feel safer knowing someone else is making decisions for me that I may not even be aware of... don't you?

I haven't read this book but this is nothing new at all. The government, through legislation influences our behavior every day. The tax code is a prime example, rebates on energy efficient appliances and tax credits for insulating your house, getting solar panels, double paned windows etc. are just other examples of the government nudging us toward behavior they see as positive.

othershoe1030 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nudge_%28book%29

I haven't read this book but this is nothing new at all. The government, through legislation influences our behavior every day. The tax code is a prime example, rebates on energy efficient appliances and tax credits for insulating your house, getting solar panels, double paned windows etc. are just other examples of the government nudging us toward behavior they see as positive.

More than 800,000 German homes are without power simply because they can no longer afford to pay their bills.  That's something Boards of FL forgot to mention. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZm07zabUmbzzFa9IHPafhAjYaAux3lXNIJsNy3FDClDzuT_0Ibw

Behavior they see as positive, behavior the people they represent see as positive, or behavior their lobbyist bribers see as positive?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3z-BbX2Qs8

Smile 

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Damaged Eagle wrote:

More than 800,000 German homes are without power simply because they can no longer afford to pay their bills.  That's something Boards of FL forgot to mention. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZm07zabUmbzzFa9IHPafhAjYaAux3lXNIJsNy3FDClDzuT_0Ibw

Behavior they see as positive, behavior the people they represent see as positive, or behavior their lobbyist bribers see as positive?

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

All of the above have influence as well as activist groups and public opinion.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

All of the above have influence as well as activist groups and public opinion.

Do you think that the will of the people is truly represented with this form of political maneuvering?

*****SMILE*****

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum