Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there a failsafe system for forgotten children in hot cars?

+6
Floridatexan
QueenOfHearts
Joanimaroni
no stress
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

wow, seaoat leaves his kids in his car, his friends leave their kids at dangerous rest stops. wow

He was griping not long ago about a womans sentence of which she left her kids in a hot car, now wants to start a thread on we must get the gov to do something about kids dying in cars.

anyone else see the irony in this?

Last edited by Ti on 6/21/2014, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Not only is it dangerous leaving a child in a hot car......You are also forgetting about a child abduction.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Blather on.....

Yep, my blather got to the bottom of the Hillary laugh which was lies, and if enough people talk about preventing accidental deaths of children, maybe a failsafe system will reduce those deaths and stop the expansion of the criminal justice system which is cannibalizing its citizens with stupid charges and an expanding statute book which is now causing more harm than good.  Somebody has to blather to stop the Chit.

Wrong thread regarding Hillary....this thread is regarding leaving small children unattended in a car. 

The criminal justice system, in 19 states, regards leaving a small child unattended in a car is illegal.

2seaoat

Going over the speed limit 1mph is breaking the law. The sad thing for these parents is that they will live a lifetime of punishment, but rather than solving the problem by giving children in cars a safety margin, they want further trauma for the family.......brilliant. Real solutions hardly.......let us throw some more raw meat into a broken system. The father charged with murder.......how about the innocent mother who now has lost a child, and the breadwinner for her family........you cannot make this stuff up......it was a fricking accident, not murder......enough.

2seaoat wrote:Going over the speed limit 1mph is breaking the law.   The sad thing for these parents is that they will live a lifetime of punishment, but rather than solving the problem by giving children in cars a safety margin, they want  further trauma for the family.......brilliant.  Real solutions hardly.......let us throw some more raw meat into a broken system.   The father charged with murder.......how about the innocent mother who now has lost a child, and the breadwinner for her family........you cannot make this stuff up......it was a fricking accident, not murder......enough.

wow your comparing going over the speed limit one mile to leaving your kids in a hot car. seriously.  Neutral 

It is obviously obvious that you believe that personal responsibility is the job of the gov to mandate.

2seaoat

Accidentally forgetting a child in a car is foreseeable. A car which is manufactured and can become very dangerous for a passenger who is unable to exit the car is a problem which can be solved without further traumatizing families who have lost a child. Turn signals, brake lights, padded dashes, seat belts, safety glass, air bags, shoulder restraints, and child seats were all designed to address foreseeable dangers to people. Of course we could charge a person in 1950 for murder for having an accident with a child in the front seat without a seat belt, child safety restraint, or padded dashboard, but then we had common sense and addressed the problems without throwing people in jail to feed an out of control criminal justice system.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:Accidentally forgetting a child in a car is foreseeable.  A car which is manufactured and can become very dangerous for a passenger who is unable to exit the car is a problem which can be solved without further traumatizing families who have lost a child.   Turn signals, brake lights, padded dashes, seat belts, safety glass, air bags, shoulder restraints, and child seats were all designed to address foreseeable dangers to people.   Of course we could charge a person in 1950 for murder for having an accident with a child in the front seat without a seat belt, child safety restraint, or padded dashboard, but then we had common sense and addressed the problems without throwing people in jail to feed an out of control criminal justice system.

stop it I can't take it..I AM AGREEING WITH YOU !...

Is there a failsafe system for forgotten children in hot cars? - Page 2 Corbis-42-15717909

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Seems a simple car seat weight sensor plugged into the cars seatbelt alarm or a pocket alarm that goes off if you get more than a few feet away from it.

Dammit T, that is a great idea.  Tie it into the panic alarm in the car keychain.  Damn good idea.   If this was mandated in new cars and car seats, what you are basically saying is that if a person forgets a child after X minutes the car or chair reacts in a certain way.   There has to be something to save children, and certainly parents are having there worse nightmares come true.  If my car can turn the lights on as I approach with the key in my pocket, why couldn't a redesigned seat stop a person from leaving a child, or warn others, including automatically putting the windows down.

Obviously neither of you carry home groceries in the back seat.

More kids DROWN in empty 5 gallon buckets each year. Maybe we need a multi-million dollar solution for empty buckets too.

There is no "fail-safe" system for STUPIDITY.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Seems a simple car seat weight sensor plugged into the cars seatbelt alarm or a pocket alarm that goes off if you get more than a few feet away from it.

Dammit T, that is a great idea.  Tie it into the panic alarm in the car keychain.  Damn good idea.   If this was mandated in new cars and car seats, what you are basically saying is that if a person forgets a child after X minutes the car or chair reacts in a certain way.   There has to be something to save children, and certainly parents are having there worse nightmares come true.  If my car can turn the lights on as I approach with the key in my pocket, why couldn't a redesigned seat stop a person from leaving a child, or warn others, including automatically putting the windows down.

More kids DROWN in empty 5 gallon buckets each year.  Maybe we need a multi-million dollar solution for empty buckets too.

Well in the first place the sensors in the babies car seat and in the second place it would tell you that you left some groceries in the babies carseat....where's the problem ?

could easily be a module that could be installed without mods to the car...

Markle

Markle

There is a fail safe system. It is called responsible parents.

There are sensors in the seats for your seat belt light. Also another for the weight of the passenger for the air bags.

You just can't "regulate" stupidity.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

could just use the same system as a dogs shock collar..putting a baby in the carseat turns it on and if you get out of the car without the baby it shocks the chit out of you..

2seaoat

Forseeable stupidity is compensated every day. Design is the ability to anticipate foreseeable behavior.....both stupid and not. This is not a problem which get solved by a jail cell, it does get solved by proper design criteria.

Let the first person who has forgotten a child's play, your keys, your brother's birthday be the first to throw a stone. In the meantime, design criteria addresses something as certain as the sun rising in the morning. There are answers which have saved tens of thousands of lives, and I have never seen a jail cell which later releases somebody bring a person back to life.

I think we need all of DHS monitoring if we leave our babies in the car. Maybe a rfid that's connected to the local police stations car cam.

It will cost a trillion dollars, but hey, 13 children will be saved and our real goal to have more power over you will be implemented.  Twisted Evil 

no stress

no stress

Markle wrote:

More kids DROWN in empty 5 gallon buckets each year.  Maybe we need a multi-million dollar solution for empty buckets too.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

2seaoat

could just use the same system as a dogs shock collar..putting a baby in the carseat turns it on and if you get out of the car without the baby it shocks the chit out of you..

I guarantee you the spouse and mother of the dead child wishes there was 220 current in that dog collar right now......but again, without addressing the foreseeable problem, throwing more people in jail after the fact is a bigger wrong and problem for society.

2seaoat wrote:could just use the same system as a dogs shock collar..putting a baby in the carseat turns it on and if you get out of the car without the baby it shocks the chit out of you..

I guarantee you the spouse and mother of the dead child wishes there was 220 current in that dog collar right now......but again, without addressing the foreseeable problem, throwing more people in jail after the fact is a bigger wrong and problem for society.

right because the thought of going to jail never deters any crime. We should just let people do whatever they want with no repercussions. apparently the thought of jail has been fruitless to these parents who have allowed 13 children to die. We know that we cant expect parents to be responsible for their children, so lets implement a dog collar for the parents.

Electrifying dog collars are now mandated by the government for all parents.

Please pick up your parent collar day one when you get your free housing permit, food stamps, cell phone and code for internet connection. Don't forget to lock the fema gate on the way out.

Have a nice day

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Perhaps a shock in the first 10 ft and then an explosive charge at 20 feet...

Is there a failsafe system for forgotten children in hot cars? - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.moviepostershop.com%2Fdeadlock-movie-poster-1991-1020232389

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[/quote]
 cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers [/quote]

Credibility revoked, seaghost.

1.  You lucked out leaving your kids out of sight for 45 minutes.  It was STUPID.
You were simply lucky.

2. Also STUPID was allowing your dog to run loose, get hit by a car and then complain about the vet bill.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Markle wrote:There is a fail safe system.  It is called responsible parents.

There are sensors in the seats for your seat belt light.  Also another for the weight of the passenger for the air bags.

Apparently that is too much to expect nowadays.  Rolling Eyes 

2seaoat

Nothing stupid about cutting the grass and putting the kids down for a nap. It is done all across America and yes something bad could happen, but it is probabilities,

My dogs continue to run free on my property. Of course people who live on poster stamp lots and have large dogs would certainly think dogs live on the end of a leash.......I might have a question about which of the two alternatives is stupid, but I would be speaking from the dogs perspective.

Nothing stupid about paying for gas with the kids strapped in, but every risk in the world could happen to the kids........do we arrest the parents for not carrying their kids into the gas station.........it is funny how successful I have been in irritating some forum members and the verification of the same makes my day.......and I do not even have to be mean.....sigh.

Markle

Markle

QueenOfHearts wrote:

There are sensors in the seats for your seat belt light.  Also another for the weight of the passenger for the air bags.

Sadly, oh so true. Just as 2seaoat vividly exhibits here, it is the GOVERNMENTS job to raise children.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

Sadly, oh so true.  Just as 2seaoat vividly exhibits here, it is the GOVERNMENTS job to raise children.

You must not have gotten the memo...the government can screw them up but parents can't....Like a cop can shoot your dog but you can't....

If you are seriously talking probabilities... your priorities are senseless. But don't let me slow your rant down... lol.

2seaoat

Sadly, oh so true. Just as 2seaoat vividly exhibits here, it is the GOVERNMENTS job to raise children.

No government raising of children, just a simple product design criteria which assists lowering the number of deaths from children left in cars. Filling our jails full with grieving fathers is neither a good deterrent or will bring any child back. Good design of child seats working in conjunction with cars will save lives.

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:Nothing stupid about cutting the grass and putting the kids down for a nap.  It is done all across America and yes something bad could happen, but it is probabilities,

My dogs continue to run free on my property.  Of course people who live on poster stamp lots and have large dogs would certainly think dogs live on the end of a leash.......I might have a question about which of the two alternatives is stupid, but I would be speaking from the dogs perspective.

Nothing stupid about paying for gas with the kids strapped in, but every risk in the world could happen to the kids........do we arrest the parents for not carrying their kids into the gas station.........it is funny how successful I have been in irritating some forum members and the verification of the same makes my day.......and I do not even have to be mean.....sigh.
Its funny how you try to compare a 30 second trip into the store to pay for gas with a 45 minute job interview as if the two events were even close. As far as letting your dogs run on your property, have at it, but if your property gives them access to a roadway then you are being very foolish and showing lack of care for your pets well being.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum