Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I challenge everyone to watch this video

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Some of you may have heard it before.  It is still valid even after 50 years...

apparently Microsoft stopped supporting java something or another and I cant see vids on this lap top which is barely over a year old.

I can see them on my iphone and my new comp and the ipad, but not the one I use all the time. so I cant watch it or I would.  Razz 

odd thing is I can watch youtube videos on this lap top and post them here. so its something to do with this forum settings im guessing.

Markle

Markle

You can click, or double click on the "Youtube" logo at the bottom and it will open a separate window at Youtube.

Microsoft has stopped supporting their older operating systems which could not be updated to use Internet Explorer above 8. Right now mine has 11. I am certainly NO computer guru but I don't see what Microsoft would have to do with not running Java. Have you tried to update your IE, if you're using that and/or Java?

Markle wrote:You can click, or double click on the "Youtube" logo at the bottom and it will open a separate window at Youtube.

Microsoft has stopped supporting their older operating systems which could not be updated to use Internet Explorer above 8.  Right now mine has 11.  I am certainly NO computer guru but I don't see what Microsoft would have to do with not running Java.  Have you tried to update your IE, if you're using that and/or Java?

I don't even see that. all I see is a big thin lined square box that is empty and has a small about 3mm square in the top left hand corner.

No I haven't tried updated my explorer. I have Windows 7 and I hate 8, it came on that comp I just bought. Im afraid to put it on this lap top.

What is 11?

Just a thought...

Problem With Internet Explorer? Maybe You Need Fewer Bits
Posted: 12 Jun 2014 03:04 AM PDT
A large number of PCs nowadays are shipped with a 64-bit version of Windows. If your computer came with Windows 7 or 8, and has more than 4 GB of RAM, chances are that you're running a 64-bit OS. The main reason for the switch is that 32-bit operating systems can only access around 4 GB of memory, so if your machine has more than that you'll need 64 bits in order to make use of it.

Almost all software nowadays will work perfectly well on either type of OS. If the software is specifically made for 32-bit Windows, which most of it still is, it'll also work just fine on 64-bit. There are some exceptions, and some particularly powerful software that is only available for 64-bit Windows, but these are few and far between.

So if you start using 64-bit Windows, chances are that you won't have many problems.

Unless, that is, you try to access web sites that don't like 64-bit browsers. And, it seems, there are quite a few sites which fall into this category. Especially if you access them via Internet Explorer.

Many web sites, or web-based online systems, use additional software in the form of ActiveX controls. They only work in IE, and they don't always run properly in 64-bit IE. One common example is internet-based cameras, where you need to download some additional viewer software into your browser. Online games are another common example. The additional ActiveX utility won't download, because it doesn't like 64-bit browsers.

Microsoft, unfortunately, does little to help. When you click the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop, you get to run the 64-bit version of IE (assuming you're using 64-bit Windows). Although you also get 32-bit IE installed as standard, there's no obvious way to launch it.

So here's how to do it.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/problem-internet-explorer-maybe-you-need-fewer-bits.htm[/url]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum