Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How southern are you?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How southern are you? Empty How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 12:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Take the test.

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest_advanced.html

I'm 96% dixie. I was surprised....or should I say sa-prize ed?

2How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 1:04 pm

2seaoat

100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

Bogus test.........I can become a new englander as well. I have been chastised for my southern pronunciation of certain words.......Illinois.....I have called it illi....noise. Potato.....potater, tomater......it gets embarrassing having spent much of my life in the North. I have learned the Yankee phrase "you guys" and my cousins would always say, but we are girls........

3How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 1:27 pm

74% Dixie. Your neck must be a little rosy!

LOL, I'm a little surprised to be honest. I think hanging out with so many Yankees is messing me up lmao

This test is funny Joanie, because you have spoken to me. Some others here have as well. Do you think its accurate?

Hee haw LOL

4How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 1:37 pm

2seaoat

It is not accurate......I can speak turdy turd and shebogayan with the best of them, but beating that test was easy.

5How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 1:47 pm

2seaoat wrote:It is not accurate......I can speak turdy turd and shebogayan with the best of them, but beating that test was easy.

seaoat, not everything was meant to be beaten. Something's are just for fun y'all.  Smile 

6How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 3:35 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:74% Dixie.  Your neck must be a little rosy!

LOL, I'm a little surprised to be honest. I think hanging out with so many Yankees is messing me up lmao

This test is funny Joanie, because you have spoken to me. Some others here have as well. Do you think its accurate?

Hee haw LOL

The nuns had a tremendous influence on how I speak. Some things are permanent.....ya'll.

7How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 3:44 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:74% Dixie.  Your neck must be a little rosy!

Hee haw LOL

The nuns had a tremendous influence on how I speak. Some things are permanent.....ya'll.

I have to admit, I had this conversation with my son and his fiancé last week. About how do you change your accent on purpose. When I'm talking I don't hear it. But when I listen to myself on recordings I hear it and LMAO.

I think people with southern accents get a bad rap. because you don't see the level of stereotype associate with other accents as you do with a southern one.

My family has a much stronger accent than me. I'm sure its because I have spent years in the professional world around other accents which I have picked up some of it. And it doesn't have to do with the amount of wealth or education you have, just culture and location. Because the richest members of my family live in Hilton head SC and let me tell you, they have some strong southern accents LOL

8How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 4:54 pm

Sal

Sal

Only 38% Dixie, but then my mother was an English teacher so ....

9How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 5:05 pm

Sal wrote:Only 38% Dixie, but then my mother was an English teacher so ....

poor thing. Bless your heart. You had your southern heritage stolen from you. Must have been hard growing up in the south speaking different. Explains a lot.

10How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/8/2014, 10:47 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

20% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

I an not ashamed to admit I am a displaced Californian.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

11How southern are you? Empty Re: How southern are you? 6/9/2014, 1:43 am

96%.

Nothing in there about Coke, that was surprising.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum