Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FBI: the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

+4
KarlRove
boards of FL
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/03/FBI-More-People-Killed-With-Hammers-and-Clubs-Each-Year-Than-With-Rifles

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

Don't confuse liberals with facts Teo. They hate that. I've posted the same stats previously, but they have their blinders on and won't admit the truth. There is an agenda for them. Unfortunately for them, there are HUNDREDS of millions of guns out there that owners aren't going to give up without a literal fire fight. That's where they will fail...underestimating the backbone and resolve that we have.

Sal

Sal

rifles??

lmao

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Don't confuse liberals with facts Teo. They hate that. I've posted the same stats previously, but they have their blinders on and won't admit the truth. There is an agenda for them. Unfortunately for them, there are HUNDREDS of millions of guns out there that owners aren't going to give up without a literal fire fight. That's where they will fail...underestimating the backbone and resolve that we have.

No one is coming for your guns, idiot.

Now go stockpile some more ammo.

lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/21/mitch-mcconnell-gun-control_n_2519920.html

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) addressed supporters in a frantically toned email on Monday, warning them of a looming effort to snatch up their guns.

"You and I are literally surrounded. The gun-grabbers in the Senate are about to launch an all-out-assault on the Second Amendment. On your rights. On your freedom," reads the opening of the email, according to The Hill.

"They're coming for your guns," the email exhorts.

Last week, President Barack Obama unveiled a comprehensive set of initiatives meant to combat gun violence. Alongside 23 executive actions, Obama also announced his intention to press congressional lawmakers to introduce a set of measures, including a renewed assault weapons ban and restriction on large-capacity ammunition magazines.

Following Obama's announcement, McConnell said he'd take a tempered approach to judging the effort against gun violence, declaring that the “first test of any new legislation” would be “whether or not it infringes on the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.”

Knives, bows/arrow, rocks were the weapons in Hunger Games. Guess whatever year it portrays was after guns were outlawed. Just saw the first movie and have not read the books.

People gonna do their evil one way or another if it's in them.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/21/mitch-mcconnell-gun-control_n_2519920.html

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) addressed supporters in a frantically toned email on Monday, warning them of a looming effort to snatch up their guns.

"You and I are literally surrounded. The gun-grabbers in the Senate are about to launch an all-out-assault on the Second Amendment. On your rights. On your freedom," reads the opening of the email, according to The Hill.

Last week, President Barack Obama unveiled a comprehensive set of initiatives meant to combat gun violence. Alongside 23 executive actions, Obama also announced his intention to press congressional lawmakers to introduce a set of measures, including a renewed assault weapons ban and restriction on large-capacity ammunition magazines.

Following Obama's announcement, McConnell said he'd take a tempered approach to judging the effort against gun violence, declaring that the “first test of any new legislation” would be “whether or not it infringes on the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.”

Mitch McConnell is a desperate man speaking to idiots.

boards of FL

boards of FL

More people are killed each year by motorcycles than by 18th century muskets!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/21/mitch-mcconnell-gun-control_n_2519920.html

Mitch McConnell is a desperate man speaking to idiots.

Wow I guess you set that straight...what a brilliant nova of intellectual prowess...

KarlRove

KarlRove

boards of FL wrote:More people are killed each year by motorcycles than by 18th century muskets!

Actually, cars kill more motorcyclists.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:More people are killed each year by motorcycles than by 18th century muskets!  

Wow who said fluoride damages young brains, they certainly never met you..

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

FBI: the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.  GOP+Ideology

OOPS...forgot something...

FBI: the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.  Sig

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

FBI: the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.  Kerry_actionfigure

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

FBI: the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.  080414-hillary-clinton-duck-hunter-action-figure2

by Sal Today at 9:21 am
rifles??

lmao
-----
Yes, what you guys call assault weapons are no more than semiautomatic rifles. I don't know how many assaults you have made in your life, but I wouldn't use one for how you liberals portray them to be.

by Floridatexan Today at 11:52 am
See the image

OOPS...forgot something...

See the image
----
The piston or AK version of that Sig is a fine weapon. Of course, you wouldn't know that as you are demonizing anything with a trigger.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

It might be a little tougher for a killer with a hammer or club to take out a dozen moviegoers in a theater at night, than it is for one with an M4 and a 30 round mag.

It's time to do away with pistol mags over five rounds and rifle mags the same.

Change the 2nd amendment. Just shoot any of the bastards who insist on being killed in defense of their right to wipe out entire neighborhoods whenever they feel like it.

Pacedog ... get ready. We're a comin' ... LOL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:It might be a little tougher for a killer with a hammer or club to take out a dozen moviegoers in a theater at night, than it is for one with an M4 and a 30 round mag.

Change the 2nd amendment. Just shoot any of the bastards who insist on being killed in defense of their right to wipe out entire neighborhoods whenever they feel like it.

Pacedog ... get ready.  We're a comin' ... LOL

Well whatcha waitin for there's only like 30+ million hunters with high powered rifles able to hit a deer at 150 yards..we'll even give you the first shot...

by Wordslinger Today at 12:25 pm
It might be a little tougher for a killer with a hammer or club to take out a dozen moviegoers in a theater at night, than it is for one with an M4 and a 30 round mag.

-----
Schoolboy taunts won't work.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Don't keep the deer hunter waiting Wordie

FBI: the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.  Robert-De-Niro-in-The-Deer-Hunter-the-deer-hunter-22913857-685-385

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Wordslinger Today at 12:25 pm

-----
Schoolboy taunts won't work.

Ouch! My mistake, but considering the level of your political and historical knowledge, it was worth a try.

Tell me why you need more than five rounds to hit a target ... I don't.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:It might be a little tougher for a killer with a hammer or club to take out a dozen moviegoers in a theater at night, than it is for one with an M4 and a 30 round mag.

Pacedog ... get ready.  We're a comin' ... LOL

Well whatcha waitin for there's only like 30+ million hunters with high powered rifles able to hit a deer at 150 yards..we'll even give you the first shot...

Don't worry ....

.... stay out there hiding in the woods where you belong ....

.... and, there will be no trouble.

....because the bad guys doing hole invasions have hi cap mags. Unlike the cops, I won't be outgunned in my own home

by Sal Today at 12:41 pm
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Wordslinger wrote:

Don't worry ....

.... stay out there hiding in the woods where you belong ....

.... and, there will be no trouble.
-----
Oh, if you're the one bringing him the trouble, that's just going to lure him in so that he sticks around to see what you have... I doubt he is worried .

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My only concern is which weapon do I start with...so many guns so many calibers...what's a man to do ? Probably my semiauto shotgun..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum