Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

19 month old barely clinging to life after a police flash bang lands in his crib during a raid...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/toddler-critically-injured-by-flash-bang-during-po/nf9XM/

Thometheva (the suspect) was not at the home at the time of the raid but was later arrested at another house on a felony drug charge of distribution of meth.

Officers had no indication that any children were inside the Lakeview Heights home when they returned around 3 a.m. Wednesday, Terrell said, and approached the same door where drugs had been purchased.

That door, which leads into a former garage that has been remodeled into a bedroom, was locked, so officers opened it, the Sheriff said. Then, a distraction device, or flash bang, was tossed inside.

“It distracts them so you can make entrance,” Terrell said.

But this time, the device landed in the playpen where a toddler was sleeping. Little Bounkham “Bou Bou” Phonesavanhs and his family, including parents and three older sisters, were all asleep in the room while visiting from Wisconsin. Only the little boy was injured.

“It blew open his face and his chest,” the boy’s mother, Alecia Phonesavanh, told The AJC outside Grady Memorial Hospital.

19 month old barely clinging to life after a police flash bang lands in his crib during a raid... Baby-burned-2

Mom and dad are to blame. The cops didnt choose that lifestyle to live. I highly doubt the cops were aiming for the crib. Mom and dad should be charged with child endangerment. Their actions caused this terrible situation, not the cops.

And no, nobody here dislikes cops more than I.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

mom and dad didn't throw the freakin bomb into the room..this war on drugs is insane and just a justification  for police state violence by a bunch of murderin psychopaths....

Mom and dad were selling meth, so yes they did create this situation and put their child in danger. The cops don't show up dressed up to door kick unless there is an issue here

You can see a real life "faces of meth" just looking at the felony arrest column at the Santa Rosa Press Gazette online. If there were really any zombies, it would be those who choose to do meth.

http://www.methproject.org/answers/will-using-meth-change-how-i-look.html#Mug-Shot-Match-Up

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:You can see a real life "faces of meth" just looking at the felony arrest column at the Santa Rosa Press Gazette online. If there were really any zombies, it would be those who choose to do meth.

Seen em had people I know ruined by it..treat it as a medical problem .. The first rule of discharging a weapon is to assure your target is clear...some asshole cop tosses a flashbang into a baby crib deserves his ass kicked. We need more informative information campaigns to show the evil of drugs...include all the mass shootings from "legal" drugs in the commercials...If people are selling drugs then catch them and kill them. Problems is our banks , military and government are up to their necks in bringing drugs and laundering the money...why are people so miserable and stupid they take drugs anyway ?...maybe they deserve to leave the gene pool...sad really about the kids though..

Again, not the problem of the cop to check for collateral damage opportunities. It's the job of the cop to arrest said dope dealer and make it back to his family each night.

Mom and dad made a choice to sell dope instead of working a real job. That would be too much effort I am sure. There are consequences to selling dope. This was one of them.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Mom and dad were selling meth, so yes they did create this situation and put their child in danger. The cops don't show up dressed up to door kick unless there is an issue here

Why don't you learn to read?

The mom and dad weren't the ones dealing meth.

The meth dealer wasn't home.

Mom and dad should not have made a choice to cohabitate with a meth
Dealer

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Man I don't see the justification of collateral damage in Afghanistan and I sure as hell don't see it in the United States....cop cowards with no concern for others lives and property.

Meth is a horrendous drug. Whatever the cops have to do to get rid of it is fine with me. Again, don't be consorting with those who step across the line and you never have to worry about the consequences.

1) who made the choice to live with a dope dealer?

2) who made the choice to bring their infant into that situation?

Sort of sums it up on who is responsible.

Sal

Sal

Again, learn to read.

The family was visiting after their home in Wisconsin was damaged in a fire.

There is absolutely no indication from the article regarding whether or not the family knew the perp was a drug dealer.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:Again, learn to read.

There is absolutely no indication from the article regarding whether or not the family knew the perp was a drug dealer.

Excuses are like aholes, everyone has one....

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:Again, learn to read.

Excuses are like aholes, everyone has one....

Yeah, ....

.... like, "We didn't think there were kids in there, even tho kid's shoes were laying all over the floor.".

cool1

cool1

why didn't they just try knocking on the door first, Im sure they would have opened the door , You cant have the law throwing crap like this into houses period unless they know for a fact the person they are after is in there and refusing to come out, What if they did this at your house and got the wrong address which they do all the time and they threw this into your home I would be mad as heck , They need to do a better job when it comes to busting into peoples home .

2seaoat

It is being reported all over the nation threats are coming in to the Police agency. The officers trying to arrest a twenty year old for meth......decided that they needed a no knock warrant. As much as the officers are to blame, where was the judge who approved the same? The system only works if the courts begin to question the cowboys authority to do what they did. Blowing up babies over a meth charge.....the threats are coming in with a volume that indicates people have had enough, and the courts need to do their job and stop rubber stamping warrant requests.

cool1 wrote:why didn't they just try knocking on the door first,  Im sure they would have opened the door , You cant have the law throwing crap like this into houses period unless they know for a fact the person they are after is in there and refusing to come out,  What if they did this at your house and got the wrong address which they do all the time and they threw this into your home I would be mad as heck , They need to do a better job when it comes to busting into peoples home .

Have you ever had to be a door kicker in any concept of the idea? warrants are served on people with no intention on going to prison.

Cops knock on the door and get a belly full of lead through said door. As much as I hate cops, I never want my daughter to lose her mom ( my ex ) while she is out kicking in doors locally.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Funny how no one seems to really care much when the State uses violence to kill and maim people for pretty much victimless crimes or misdemeanors...a monopoly of violence in government hands seems actually to be the solution so many put forth...how's that worked out in the past for those countries that enacted it ?

2seaoat

These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers. These raids bring unnecessary violence and provocation to nonviolent drug offenders, many of whom were guilty of only misdemeanors. The raids terrorize innocents when police mistakenly target the wrong residence. And they have resulted in dozens of needless deaths and injuries, not only of drug offenders, but also of police officers, children, bystanders, and innocent suspects.

http://www.cato.org/publications/white-paper/overkill-rise-paramilitary-police-raids-america

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum