Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What went on in Ft Lauderdale?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  Empty What went on in Ft Lauderdale? 5/27/2014, 10:24 pm

Police said around 5 o’clock in the afternoon, hundreds of young people made their way to the beach for one reason this Memorial Day, to cause trouble.

Fort Lauderdale Police were in riot gear as a large crowd of young people moved through A1A reportedly causing mayhem.

“We had several reports of individuals who were reaching into vehicles, striking drivers. We have reports individuals who were jumping on top of taxicabs,” said Detective Deanna Greenlaw with Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Fort Lauderdale Police officials said a group of young people came to the beach to fight and when police quickly broke it up, they scattered through the streets.

“This was something that was planned through these individuals and they were coming to Fort Lauderdale Beach Park for this purpose, to cause a problem,” added Greenlaw.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/26/officials-flpd-bso-attempting-to-control-unruly-crowd/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1QmGD8Hnso

planned?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This society is beginning to collapse. It's going to get worse. And especially in urban areas.

Bob wrote:This society is beginning to collapse.  It's going to get worse.  And especially in urban areas.

Did it seemed planned to you bob?

Why would they do that?

I don't understand, its crazy.

What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcGynho6rRCVsjaqex_c6wR617JOmiKiG9vTuyNNZ0U8_DgxsU

They think they can rage against the system... violently... and win.

Stupidity is generally weeded out of the species if Darwin is correct.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:This society is beginning to collapse.  It's going to get worse.  And especially in urban areas.

Why would they do that?

I don't understand it either, Chrissy. All I know is if I'm surrounded by a crowd of juvenile assholes like that, I'll have my Taurus Judge beside me. And if one of them reaches into my car he's going to get a shotgun load in the face and I dare the cops/lawyers/judges to do anything about it.
This is one of the many reasons I choose not to live in Miami or any other large city.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Poor parenting.

Damaged Eagle wrote:What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcGynho6rRCVsjaqex_c6wR617JOmiKiG9vTuyNNZ0U8_DgxsU

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Not in this society. Stupidity is a protected class.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When Miami has role models who look like these self-mutilated freaks, I don't know why anyone would be surprised when crap like this happens...

What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  1373483827000-USATSI-7311356-1307101518_4_3
What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  Little10

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Why would they do that?

I don't understand it either,  Chrissy.  All I know is if I'm surrounded by a crowd of juvenile assholes like that,   I'll have my Taurus Judge beside me.  And if one of them reaches into my car he's going to get a shotgun load in the face and I dare the cops/lawyers/judges to do anything about it.
This is one of the many reasons I choose not to live in Miami or any other large city.  

same exact reason I choose to not live in similar areas.

However, who in the hell could have plotted such a onslaught of people. They had to be organized. Unless they are all related and somehow I don't think that's the case.

The way they all grouped up and just were walking all through the streets in and out of traffic harassing people in cars was some purpose. This is not a coincidence.

Bob wrote:When Miami has role models who look like these self-mutilated freaks,  I don't know why anyone would be surprised when crap like this happens...

What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  1373483827000-USATSI-7311356-1307101518_4_3
What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  Little10

dear god we are in trouble.

bob, that picture on the bottom is weird, the hand rail at the top is not connected to anything.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Both of those freaks would look very appropriate in a "gay pride parade". lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Stay on the west coast of Florida, Chrissy. All you have to see there is a bunch of old farts living on golf courses. lol

KarlRove

KarlRove

Chrissy wrote:Police said around 5 o’clock in the afternoon, hundreds of young people made their way to the beach for one reason this Memorial Day, to cause trouble.

Fort Lauderdale Police were in riot gear as a large crowd of young people moved through A1A reportedly causing mayhem.

“We had several reports of individuals who were reaching into vehicles, striking drivers. We have reports individuals who were jumping on top of taxicabs,” said Detective Deanna Greenlaw with Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Fort Lauderdale Police officials said a group of young people came to the beach to fight and when police quickly broke it up, they scattered through the streets.

“This was something that was planned through these individuals and they were coming to Fort Lauderdale Beach Park for this purpose, to cause a problem,” added Greenlaw.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/26/officials-flpd-bso-attempting-to-control-unruly-crowd/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1QmGD8Hnso

planned?

Atlanta used to have a Black Spring Break celebration called Freaknik. Authorities had to clamp down and throw a lot of them in jail.

Atlanta[edit]

In its heyday, the fest attracted upwards of 250,000 revelers to the city. However, Atlantans' reception of the festival was mixed. Many residents had attended and enjoyed Freaknik since it was started. Otherwise, Freaknik went largely unnoticed by most of the city. The problems with Freaknik began in 1993, when the number of people coming to Atlanta for the event suddenly doubled to more than 80,000.

Many residents believe the City of Atlanta was caught off guard in 1993 by the increased number of people who came to the city for Freaknik. In some areas, the massive increase in cars on the road caused traffic to come to a halt, and the revelers got out of their cars and started roaming the streets. This in turn caused panic in some areas where people could not get home from their jobs, and they were trapped in areas where many revelers started harassing and yelling obscenities at residents. There were also several reports of violence, looting, rapes and other sexual assaults. All this showed Freaknik in a negative light, and Atlanta residents demanded that the city get control of the event.[3]

Social problems[edit]

Things came to a head in 1994-96, after the event swelled to 250,000 people from around the country, and as the crowds grew larger, so did the problems. With tens of thousands of more cars on the city's streets, many of Atlanta's major thoroughfares became gridlocked, which disrupted the day-to-day lives of the city's residents and impaired emergency services.[3]

Freaknik moves[edit]

Many Atlanta residents filed lawsuits and business and community leaders pressured Mayor Bill Campbell to end Freaknik or severely crack down on the event. By 1996, the Atlanta police were out in large numbers, making it difficult for the revelers to party in the streets and engage in other illegal behavior.[3] After city leaders took measures to curtail Freaknik's accessibility, its popularity faded. As a result, Freaknik moved East of Atlanta to Memorial Drive in DeKalb County, then to Daytona Beach, Florida. By 1999, celebration of the festival had died down due to heightened police security.

In April 2010, Atlanta officials said "there are no permitted Freaknik-related events inside the city limits." Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed also said that "he will be tough and even sue organizers of any Freaknik-related activities who violate city guidelines".[4]

Last edited by KarlRove on 5/28/2014, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

KarlRove

KarlRove

Bob wrote:

I don't understand it either, Chrissy. All I know is if I'm surrounded by a crowd of juvenile assholes like that, I'll have my Taurus Judge beside me. And if one of them reaches into my car he's going to get a shotgun load in the face and I dare the cops/lawyers/judges to do anything about it.
[/quote]

Get a Smith and Wesson Governor instead. Six shots instead of just five. LOL

Sal

Sal

This is being fueled by social media where kids can communicate with large groups of people simultaneously and coordinate gatherings.

They're kids looking for trouble as kids invariably will do, but because they are coming together in such large mobs, they are creating mayhem.

This same sort of thing happened in Clearwater over the weekend and resulted in a shooting.

Cops are going to have to learn to respond quickly and in force when large groups of young people converge like this.

Sal wrote:This is being fueled by social media where kids can communicate with large groups of people simultaneously and coordinate gatherings.

They're kids looking for trouble as kids invariably will do, but because they are coming together in such large mobs, they are creating mayhem.

This same sort of thing happened in Clearwater over the weekend and resulted in a shooting.

Cops are going to have to learn to respond quickly and in force when large groups of young people converge like this.

Wait a minute. Are you saying the same exact thing happened in Clearwater ?

Hundreds?

Because if so there is obviously someone behind organizing these people

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:This is being fueled by social media where kids can communicate with large groups of people simultaneously and coordinate gatherings.

Hundreds?

Facebook ...

... or maybe Instagram. 

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hundreds?

Facebook ...

... or maybe Instagram. 

maybe..... But someone comes up with the idea first. And the idea here is to go to the beaches on memorial day and start shit.

whatever it is, it seems to be becoming more frequent especially in our state. this shit is not good for our state.

the state is going to shit.

get a gun

Chrissy wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Not in this society. Stupidity is a protected class.

What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRgpBg722K9bXCAlFrkCBCLSEW1byAox70IQVj74Jtr2ExRNB9

That only holds true when the government has just a few of them to deal with at a time. The government has a much different way to deal with mass stupidity when it becomes violent and disruptive.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE

Smile 

2seaoat

That is some serious funny chit....... clown 

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hundreds?

Facebook ...

... or maybe Instagram. 

maybe..... But someone comes up with the idea first. And the idea here is to go to the beaches on memorial day and start shit.

whatever it is, it seems to be becoming more frequent especially in our state. this shit is not good for our state.

get a gun

Again, this phenomena is being fueled by social media and is occurring more often, in many areas, and is certainly not confined to Florida.

There was an incident in Louisville, KY a few weeks before Derby.

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hundreds?

Facebook ...

... or maybe Instagram. 

get a gun

Again, this phenomena is being fueled by social media and is occurring more often, in many areas, and is certainly not confined to Florida.

There was an incident in Louisville, KY a few weeks before Derby.

well if that is the case. then large groups of people out there want to gather and cause others harm for no reason. This makes the case for conceal carry.

What went on in Ft Lauderdale?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOcBpVWUG2G9afwPjDLRFx_dAwIfh-KD2ADy8DU-EGg0V6T-4C

A Hole In Space, by Larry Niven.

Is a compilation of short stories by Larry Niven containing the short story The Last Days of the Permanent Floating Riot Club which deals with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Crowd

Needless to say this situation is similar though the rioters can not teleport in from around the world.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuo0Hg0TGH4

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum