Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meteor strike late tonight early Saturday......should be a good show

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Meteor shower tonight......I will be up and watching.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/meteor-shower-showtime-will-camelopardalids-be-hit-or-flop-n112651

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I was wondering if anyone had posted this topic yet! My husband, our dog and I plan to watch it tonight starting around 0300.

2seaoat

I was hoping to get some viewing between midnight and one......I doubt if I will stay up later. The sky is clear here.

2seaoat

Not a cloud in the sky....spectacular stars, but only two quick shooting stars....got get up early on Saturday......let me know if the big ones came and at what time. My wife is staying up until 1 to watch.

Sal

Sal

bust ...

2seaoat

I am glad I went to bed.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

We went to bed early then got up at 0130 to go see the meteor showers. We drove across the Bay Bridge to the small park on the right side of the highway

Although the cloud cover was light, it was just enough to keep us from seeing anything from straight overhead our position all the way to the end of the northern sky.

We were disappointed, but the trip itself was fun.  Very Happy 

2seaoat

I remember a Boy Scout jamboree where we had hundreds of scouts around a huge campfire on a ball field when across the sky came a screaming shooting star that illuminated the sky. It went from almost horizon to horizon. It was the biggest one I had ever seen. They reported in the local papers that it had been seen in a multitude of states. I still hope to see something like that again, but I had to get up early and now I am glad I did not stay up two more hours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum