Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EPA is trying to kill us all.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EPA is trying to kill us all. Empty EPA is trying to kill us all. 8/21/2012, 1:29 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/08/13179335-how-an-epa-project-backfired-endangering-drinking-water-with-lead

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I have often wondered why I couldn't really carry on an intelligent discourse with y'all.. Glad I am on a well..

For about 5 years, I had the pleasure to be the supervisor for Escambia County Health Department's Water and Sewage Section.

I had a pipe on the wall that was made completely out of lead... a water pipe. Apparently, a lot of the old water taps in the city used a "Goose Neck" pipe made out of lead where it taps into the water main.

This "S" shaped pipe was soft enough to flex a little when the water-hammer effect happened. (Water hammer can be demonstrated in a garden hose with a nozzle at the end. Run the water full blast and shut it off quickly. The hose will jump around as the flowing water is suddenly stopped.)

The good thing (if there is a good thing about a lead pipe) is that crud sticks to the inside of pipes and coats it, sealing off the lead from the water flow. People's Water Service even puts a sequestering agent in their water to MAKE crud stick to the pipes... sodium hexametaphosphate... the same ingredient in Calgon Bath Oil Beads. (At least, they used to do it.)

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I have often wondered why I couldn't really carry on an intelligent discourse with y'all.. Glad I am on a well..

Teo, most likely, your well water is acidic and is leaching any metal components out of your pipes. Now that copper is replaced with plastic pipes, at least most of your water doesn't touch metal.

Municipal water systems in Escambia County typically have to add lime to neutralize the acidity. Your well in Milton most likely taps a shallow vein of water or, if it is deep, it taps the Sand and Gravel Aquifer... and is acidic.

Water from Midway actually taps the Floridan Aquifer, a limestone formation that is less acidic. (but also has natural flouride in it)

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I have often wondered why I couldn't really carry on an intelligent discourse with y'all.. Glad I am on a well..

Teo, most likely, your well water is acidic and is leaching any metal components out of your pipes. Now that copper is replaced with plastic pipes, at least most of your water doesn't touch metal.

Municipal water systems in Escambia County typically have to add lime to neutralize the acidity. Your well in Milton most likely taps a shallow vein of water or, if it is deep, it taps the Sand and Gravel Aquifer... and is acidic.

Water from Midway actually taps the Floridan Aquifer, a limestone formation that is less acidic. (but also has natural flouride in it)

I tested my water ..I did all the plumbing myself and used PVC pipe all the way..no copper no lead......After all my testing the water is perfect except for a small amount of pesticide....The only effect I have noted from that is I sleep on my back with my hands and feet in the air....

Hey I am just a little north of midway...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Hey I am just a little north of midway...

I was thinking you were north of I-10...

I'm not sure where the cutoff is for tapping the limestone in Santa Rosa County, but I suspect it is south of I-10.

Do you remember what your pH was?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Hey I am just a little north of midway...

I was thinking you were north of I-10...

I'm not sure where the cutoff is for tapping the limestone in Santa Rosa County, but I suspect it is south of I-10.

Do you remember what your pH was?

oh I don't mean midway I mean north of Central high towards Jay.

yes they are

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum