Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beware T-Mobile cell phones

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beware T-Mobile cell phones Empty Beware T-Mobile cell phones 8/21/2012, 9:38 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

If you are considering buying a new cell phone from T-Mobile (and the Galaxy S Blaze is a beautifully performing phone, no doubt), make sure you buy it either in the store or in Wal-Mart. Then, make sure you do not leave until they activate the phone.

Three times this year, we have bought phones. The first two were from Wal-mart. The last one, the Galaxy Blaze, I ordered online.

In two out of three cases, the phones did not come with activation codes. We took the first phone back to Wal-Mart, exchanged it for a duplicate, and made the salesperson activate it then and there.

This week, thinking I'd avoid the Wal-Mart snafu, I ordered the Blaze online. The Blaze is not an inexpensive phone. I prefer to buy my phones and do pay-as-you-go (no monthly contract), and this is just about the best PAYG phone available. I paid for overnight shipment. The phone arrived without an activation code.

When my husband called T-Mobile last night, they told him it would be $1.04 extra for the activation code, and it would arrive in four or five days. My husband is a patient man. I am not patient.

When he called me and told me, I thought I'd blow. I was, fortunately, in circumstances where blowing was not an option.

I called T-Mobile's business crew and told'em I had a business, yada, yada, and they had that activation code for me in under two minutes.

Beware T-Mobile - great phones, lousy customer service....and obviously, some character at their packing plant is ripping off the activation codes!

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 8/21/2012, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

2Beware T-Mobile cell phones Empty Re: Beware T-Mobile cell phones 8/21/2012, 9:50 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Three times in the last two weeks my T-Mobile service (the phone connection, internet, everything) has quit working in the evening. And it stays out until I wake up the next morning.
I couldn't get any help from the clerks at the T-Mobile store because it aint out when the store is open and they don't want to believe it's happening unless they can see it be out.

3Beware T-Mobile cell phones Empty Re: Beware T-Mobile cell phones 8/21/2012, 10:09 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:Three times in the last two weeks my T-Mobile service (the phone connection, internet, everything) has quit working in the evening. And it stays out until I wake up the next morning.
I couldn't get any help from the clerks at the T-Mobile store because it aint out when the store is open and they don't want to believe it's happening unless they can see it be out.

Yeah, I guess I'm stuck now. I will never go back to the local T-Mobile stores due to the long wait time (over an hour the last time I went two years ago.)

I thought you had UVerse? Are you tethering your T-Mobile phone to get internet service? If so, how is that working out? I'm considering ditching Cox in favor of tethering.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum