Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1. Class action lawsuit against International Paper 2. Lawyers being kept from prisoners

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Interesting fallout the legal eagles are soaring around. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the class action suit against International Paper and their dam break.

Also interesting to see if attorneys "not on record" will continue to be kept from prisoners at the camps and other jails where they are currently imprisoned.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

That same neighborhood flooded in 1998 from the same dam during the rains following Hurricane Georges. I had a coworker who built there and lost all of his carpeting in a house that was just 4 years old. I asked him if he carried flood insurance, and he told me "No." I asked him if he would purchase it after this event, and he said "The odds of this happening again are slim...." The dimwit later sold his house and moved to Birmingham, I bet he did not disclose to the buyer that the house had been flooded.

I doubt that suit will get much traction. There were a lot of other areas that got hurt as bad as they did, and who will the rest of them sue? I carry flood insurance on my property, even though I live outside of a known flood zone. It should be a no-brainer in wet and soggy Florida, just like having earthquake insurance is a smart bet if you live in California.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum