Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Nature of Existence

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Nature of Existence Empty The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 4:17 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've used that phrase many times in posts here.  This morning I decided to write something for publication with that title.  

Out of curiousity I googled "the nature of existence" to see what was out there when you use that search string.

I discovered that title has already been used.  I haven't yet watched this but it does look kinda interesting.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/nature-existence/

2The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 4:25 pm

2seaoat

kind of like getting a good internet address......most of the good ones are taken.......and that is the nature of existence.

3The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 4:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But the video isn't working on that page. lol

Here's a different page. This thing gets pretty high marks on rotten tomatoes.

4The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 4:33 pm

2seaoat

I am getting a commonality of complaints from forum members that their videos are not working efficiently. I am going to post another thread to that topic......I think there may be something to it.

5The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 4:39 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Shit four bucks. Forget it.
I need to start clicking on these links before I post em. lol

6The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 4:41 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay here it is for free. I started it to be sure.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/219155

7The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 5:30 pm

Sal

Sal

Go with "Naval Gazing for Idiots".

lol

8The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 5:35 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Go with "Naval Gazing for Idiots".

lol

Now that the title is taken I no longer have any desire. Pisses me off. lol

9The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 6:41 pm

Yella

Yella

"I yam what I yam and thats all what I am" Popeye the Sailor Man

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

10The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 6:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:"I yam what I yam and thats all what I am"  Popeye the Sailor Man

That whole hour and a half video could be replaced with those 5 words. lol

11The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 7:40 pm

It's hard to believe that such a common expression could be restricted from use... I bet you can title it that if you want.

Doubt I'd read something with such a pretentious title tho.

12The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 10:18 pm

The nature of existence is to be inspired...................................... Smile 

13The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/12/2014, 10:21 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I especially like the official video poking fun at the moon landing...LOL.

14The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 12:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

Doubt I'd read something with such a pretentious title tho.

But if I wrote it,  it would be the opposite of pretentiousness.  Because the whole point of it would be that it's impossible for us to know.
It would be an attempt to help try and diminish the mass resistance to that concept.  
It's become kind of an obsession to me.  Mainly because of all the discussions we've had about it here.

15The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 12:53 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

REASON, Nature ?..create your own reason to exist !..why look for one MAKE your own ! The Nature of existence is the same for us as animals..the ONLY difference is we know we will die so we best get to living !..death is a great motivator to do fantastic things !...

16The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 1:29 am

The Nature of Existence Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDF-rAHW98SfiUkE8YbV535udwHYns1oq3ipS-5WybeXIhHMjn

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAYoLyO5hCs

Smile 

17The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 6:07 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:REASON, Nature ?..create your own reason to exist !..why look for one MAKE your own ! The Nature of existence is the same for us as animals..the ONLY difference is we know we will die so we best get to living !..death is a great motivator to do fantastic things !...

yes it is. Ive recently made some changes in my life and more to come because of it.

18The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 1:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:REASON, Nature ?..create your own reason to exist !..why look for one MAKE your own ! The Nature of existence is the same for us as animals..the ONLY difference is we know we will die so we best get to living !..death is a great motivator to do fantastic things !...

That sounds uncannily like my take on things. How can that be when I don't put no stock in the Bible?

19The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 2:24 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:

That sounds uncannily like my take on things.   How can that be when I don't put no stock in the Bible?

It's right out of the Bible Bob....

Ecc 3:18 I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath ; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

22So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?

20The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 2:34 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Ecc 3:18 I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath ; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

I'll have to admit I was not aware of those bible verses, teo. Interesting.

But the verse 21 goes a little off the reservation.

21The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 3:54 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I'll have to admit I was not aware of those bible verses,  teo.  Interesting.

But the verse 21 goes a little off the reservation.  

Ecclesiastes, the whole book is Solomon asking the same question you are asking...he sees that all is vanity ..a chase after the wind whether, money , luxury, knowledge, sex...whatever he looks at is vanity and frustration.

Verse 21 is him being honest with his inability even as king to know what happens after death...

22The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 3:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Verse 21 is him being honest with his inability even as king to know what happens after death...

My god,  I had no idea the people in the Bible were Sultanists too.  
Sultanism is apparently a more widely held belief than I had imagined.

editor's note: for those who are unfamiliar with Sultanism, it's not the same Sultanism you find with google or wikipedia.

23The Nature of Existence Empty Re: The Nature of Existence 5/13/2014, 4:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wow off the subject..things are so expensive in Alaska that one pill of Oxycontin sells for $400 from drug dealers...their gas is $7 a gallon, $9.50 a gal of milk..sheesh..I shouldn't watch these cop shows..now they are trying to flip a dealer to get her sources...this stuff is an addictive game for the cops....they love it.
stop the war on drugs and treat it as a medical issue..... Now the cops are kicking a suppliers door and you can see the excitement, it's like kids playing hide n seek.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum