Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the next terrorist weapon......biological.....scary stuff MERS

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/officials-2nd-us-case-of-mers-being-reported

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Stay away from Camels...

KUWAIT (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia said people handling camels should wear masks and gloves to prevent spreading Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), issuing such a warning for the first time as cases of the potentially fatal virus neared 500 in the kingdom.

Health experts say camels are the most likely animal source of infection for the disease, which the Saudi Health Ministry said on Sunday three more people had caught and four had died from.

First reported two years ago in Saudi Arabia, MERS is a coronavirus like SARS, which originated in animals and killed around 800 people worldwide after first appearing in China in 2002. There is no vaccine or anti-viral treatment against it.

Around a third of the 483 diagnosed with MERS in Saudi Arabia have died.

Saudi Arabia is still the focal point of the outbreak, although cases have been reported in other Middle Eastern countries, in Europe and in the United States, which had its first confirmed case last month.

I think Government and cops are far more dangerous right now...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I think Government and cops are far more dangerous right now

That's going to change with time. It's inevitable that there will be another BIG terrorist attack on U.S. soil. It'll be either foreign or domestic.
Could be an attack on the food or water supply. Could be the introduction of a lethal disease. Could be an attack on the electrical grid or the internet. Or something else that would be catastrophic in scope.
It's inevitable because the U.S. Government now has so many enemies across the world and within it's own borders. All of which have to rely on terrorism because that's the only capacity they have.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I seem to remember the anthrax that was found after 911 turned out to be US Military produced. They hushed that up pretty quick huh. ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I seem to remember the  anthrax that was found after 911  turned out to be US Military produced. They hushed that up pretty quick huh.  ?

I didn't know anthrax was associated with 9/11.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn, my memory is shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks

Political.

I tried to justify a thread that was based upon lives lost that transcended politics... govt criminal acts are simply politics.

2seaoat

The thread was about a disease......the links were about the disease and its spread. The fact that the discussion is about a disease and could be exploited is not political. No wonder you are confused. If the Utah Jazz fans poisoned Michael Jordan's pizza, and we talk about the use of the same as a terrorist act, should a thread about Michael Jordan's mysterious flu after eating the pizza be in political.......geez you have difficulty with concepts.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/12/mers-virus-middle-east-respiratory-syndrome-cdc-florida/8998043/

Second U.S. case of deadly MERS virus found in Orlando

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum