Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

You remember that proud state Senator telling the audience they passed voter ID and they would deliver Pennsylvania to the Republicans......oops the court has struck it down, and the governor gave up......now it should be fun in Wisconsin.......Walker just got news that the court struck down the Wisconsin voter ID, but unlike the Pennsylvania governor who is not up for election, Walker is up for election......his response.....we will pass another law........this is too funny.........bar people from voting and win an election........simply something you could build a political career around.....a platform any honest man would stand on and be proud.....not.

Yes but you will need an ID for Obamacare so how does that stick in your craw?

And obviously the people if Wisconsin don't agree with your race card playing self....

2seaoat

Yes but you will need an ID for Obamacare so how does that stick in your craw?

The Affordable Care act is a statute driven law which is a privilege, voting is a right.

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd8ZJqEEUXYo7WpgZ0Jo9HT9RT1ago57ULxcmLKSbBAUJn_5IW

Gee... And I thought the original supposedly enlightened progressive liberal argument that health care was the constitutional right of all..... Obviously that's no longer true.

Is this sort of like making exceptions on who is part of the 99% that compose the Occupy Movement? Like anarchists, Tea Party members, Republicans in general, NRA members, survivalists, etc, etc, etc,... are not part of the 99%.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-2lMstw6qs

Smile 

2seaoat

And I thought the original supposedly enlightened progressive liberal argument that health care was the constitutional right of all..

I never heard that constitutional argument, but I would appreciate a link to the same.

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhm9_DXV6TM6BBIKr_QQGy2rhOZDh9jfRF9o5QXYZS70IaRPmd

Don't be coy. The original argument that the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals utilized was that the Constitution guaranteed for the 'general welfare' of all. If that's the case then no one should be disallowed and the health care system should be nationalized. Now you're saying that it's a privilege.....

So who's the privileged and who's going to be sent to the death panels, which the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals said wouldn't happen, in you're new privileged system?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdI7GhZSQA

Smile

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmYThUMW2IT7ZGFSx8u3bcug_597NF9lAVQQz3_hroLwp86WvW

Obviously the health care argument isn't over if health care is a privilege.

I'ma thinkin' that like the 14th and 19th Amendments we're gonna' need another Constitutional Amendment to guarantee the right for free health care for all to avoid any discrimination and denial of rights. Nationalization of the health care system will be right around the corner after that.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKXfqpg-Q-k

Smile

2seaoat

Coy, no....I understand the constitution and how it applies to rights and privileges. Health care is statutory and derived from laws passed by Congress. Voting is a right guaranteed under the constitution. When you use terms correctly it will to a long way in making a discussion intelligent and fruitful. If you decide to think I am being coy in using the correct terms, we must simply disagree. However, if you have a link with case law, a treatise, or law review arguing that health care is a right, I am all ears to your argument, and I have honestly never heard that argument from a progressive.
I have heard the argument that it is within the enabling language of the powers of Congress to pass laws to address the same.....big difference conceptually.

Voting is a right. Any attempt to deny a right under the 14th and 5th amendment requires compelling state interests and the courts have clearly spoken that id fraud is almost non existent and there is no compelling state interest to deny people access to the voter booth. This is simple. Racist attempts to stop minorities access to the polls has not worked in the past, and it will not work in 2014.

2seaoat

The Eagle has landed.....somewhere.

2seaoat wrote:Coy, no....I understand the constitution and how it applies to rights and privileges.   Health care is statutory and derived from laws passed by Congress.  Voting is a right guaranteed under the constitution.  When you use terms correctly it will to a long way in making a discussion intelligent and fruitful.  If you decide to think I am being coy in using the correct terms, we must simply disagree.  However, if you have a link with case law, a treatise, or law review arguing that health care is a right, I am all ears to your argument, and I have honestly never heard that argument from a progressive.
I have heard the argument that it is within the enabling language of the powers of Congress to pass laws to address the same.....big difference conceptually.

Voting is a right.  Any attempt to deny a right under the 14th and 5th amendment requires compelling state interests and the courts have clearly spoken that id fraud is almost non existent and there is no compelling state interest to deny people access to the voter booth.  This is simple.  Racist attempts to stop minorities access to the polls has not worked in the past, and it will not work in 2014.

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8CzxnOSQJARbBvora6LWyiaUf9SoliXi1Ful1mDjmhMTXrxbPCQ

Oh I see what you're saying... In which case we didn't need a law to ensure health care as a privilege because it was already a privilege if one could afford it. So now we can simply throw out the thousands of pages of law and go back to the way things were a few years ago. Health care problem solved.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYRTIK3Oblk

Smile 

2seaoat

The problem with that is the people you elected passed the law. So I guess we now have what the people wanted.

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYMM-FzhEmVJxJ-h9LHTzqygTjUwZqviHFywyZBNgMORJXcS3ovQ

Is that the best argument you have? That it's all our elected officials fault. My elected official Rep Steve King voted 'no' to your glorious health care law.

Here's an idea. Let's put the whole health care issue to a general vote of the people instead of allowing our elected officials determine what's best for us and see if your glorious health care laws still exists after true democracy is allowed to work. You supposedly enlightened progressive liberals should be falling all over yourselves to say yes to that. Democracy in it's true form. Hell you might even get health care as a right in the end.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaSMROk-D-A

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 5/9/2014, 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbP58JCLAPTBxHKpJzohLYjyzqfyBrtoVT6j1ELbz5zanFcwtr

Oh by the way... Here's a little fruit for you since you resorted to that last argument. We do want to keep the conversation intelligent and fruitful don't you know.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nehRB1FTeTo

Very Happy

2seaoat wrote:Yes but you will need an ID for Obamacare so how does that stick in your craw?

The Affordable Care act is a statute driven law which is a privilege, voting is a right.

Healthcare is a right according to the Dems.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Yes but you will need an ID for Obamacare so how does that stick in your craw?

Healthcare is a right according to the Dems.

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL4hVv2abDAbf5Ntv9Kv_w3i4kSv11GWN0VsLDprTJVeSV6u_F

Seaoat assures me that it's a privilege and not a right. Except now he's doing a lot of...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpzggAVxLME

Very Happy

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFMGxxxsXgMao1WbLNOWDPZ__O_kfZoP--YG_H5m3EDjllZZMGzg

Hey Seaoat! I'm still waiting for an answer as to who those privileged few are and I'm sure there's lots of other people who would like to know the answer to that question also.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQG8fGXQBYo

Smile

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO38eK-61e8uDemKUmVtaIRKMC-yUUqHGW3LTEMi2FXXcpRlGt

Crickets

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q13XS_R2mU

Very Happy 

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You remember that proud state Senator telling the audience they passed voter ID and they would deliver Pennsylvania to the Republicans......oops the court has struck it down, and the governor gave up......now it should be fun in Wisconsin.......Walker just got news that the court struck down the Wisconsin voter ID, but unlike the Pennsylvania governor who is not up for election, Walker is up for election......his response.....we will pass another law........this is too funny.........bar people from voting and win an election........simply something you could build a political career around.....a platform any honest man would stand on and be proud.....not.

Exactly why do you think that voting without a photo ID is good idea. How is that good for the country? Really, whether they vote Democrat or Republican how is that good for the country?

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5cGgCd_xIyZldXJFX49PNs187dUqkRpRqGKenEUvPmy6ykU9-

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzJNYYkkhzc

Very Happy 

2seaoat

Exactly why do you think that voting without a photo ID is good idea. How is that good for the country? Really, whether they vote Democrat or Republican how is that good for the country?

The verification process has always taken place during voter registration. A utility bill or other verification if the registering person has questions, but once that voter registration card issues no further verification is necessary. The idea that the day of voting a person can find that person's identification was inadequate is simply an excuse to disenfranchise citizens right to vote. The voter registration process is the the verification, not on the day of voting where a right to vote can be stripped by an arbitrary act. Please show me where the founding father's put a photo ID as a requisite to vote. Yea I know.....there where no photos, and that is the point.

Pennsylvania voter ID struck down, governor gives up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyBv8TQurwnjAlYgC2OkTmGIbGn6cN8TVutmpwwT5ID4rUHTGa

•Fotografizophobia – The fear of photographs or of having your photograph taken.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JddY9cGcxkc

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum