Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beware!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beware! Empty Beware! 4/11/2014, 3:02 pm

I just got a call from an Indian speaking guy who said he was from Microsoft and there is a problem w/ my computer. The caller ID said unknown number. He wanted me to connect w/ his technician to fix the problem. I said I don't have a problem and how do know this is my computer? He said when you registered it. I didn't have this phone number when I registered it. I said no, I'm not connecting anything and I have no idea who you are and hung up. He called back and said if you don't trust me you can connect to Microsoft and see. He said just push control and the windows key. I told him not to call me again and hung up. I suspect this is some ploy to connect to your computer and get all your passwords and info. and wipe out your bank account so be careful.

2Beware! Empty Re: Beware! 4/11/2014, 3:10 pm

Ahahahhah

3Beware! Empty Re: Beware! 4/11/2014, 4:02 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's just weird and creepy.

4Beware! Empty Re: Beware! 4/11/2014, 4:06 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

My parents received a similar call.  

Wait...mom?

5Beware! Empty Re: Beware! 4/11/2014, 5:31 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It was really creepy that he called you back! Thanks for posting this.

6Beware! Empty Re: Beware! 4/11/2014, 6:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I got the call the first of the week.....he gave his intro and I told him I was old as dirt and I didn't own a computer. He quickly hung up.

7Beware! Empty Re: Beware! 4/12/2014, 10:08 am

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I got the same call a few weeks ago. When I asked him how he knew my computer had a virus, he told me that everyone with Windows connected to one main server when they logged in. I told him it must be a huge server and he said it was the biggest server in the world because it had to handle everyone using Windows. I told him I worked for the FBI and I thought our server was the largest in the world, and he immediately hanged up on me.  Very Happy 

They're trying to get you to allow them to remote access your computer. What bothered me was all the background noise. It sounded like a huge call center.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum