Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colbert to Replace Letterman

+5
othershoe1030
knothead
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 10:29 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

Does everything get labeled liberal/conservative?  Is this our narrow view of everything?

Yes it is. Many of us now have only one way to contemplate anything in life.
First we have to decide whether it's liberal or it's conservative.

But having said that, there's no denying that the lion's share of professional comedians have a liberal political bent. At least those who rely on political material.
That's because comedians come from a liberal show business culture. It's been that way since the late 50's.

Here's one list of political comedians. As you can see, Dennis Miller is the only one with conservative political views...

http://comedians.about.com/od/top10lists/tp/top10politicalcomedians.htm

Some would add Jay Leno to the list of comics who aren't liberal. But he's more of a toaster than a conservative.

32Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 10:32 am

Rolling Eyes 

33Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 10:36 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:
crow wrote:

seems like they are purposely trying to replace more conservative comedians with liberal comedians.

Letterman was as liberal as Colbert.  You mainly see comedians who are liberal because most comedians are liberal.  There are very few conservative comedians.

Perhaps there are more liberal leaning comedians because they have a sense of humor?

So many right wingers are fuming all the time.

They are fed the latest manufactured outrage by their talk show leaders etc. and off they go frothing at the mouth over the latest imagined offense.

It is hard to have a sense of humor when you are angry. It is difficult to think clearly when you are angry and that is part of what generating the anger is all about.

34Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 10:42 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
Bob wrote:
crow wrote:

seems like they are purposely trying to replace more conservative comedians with liberal comedians.

Letterman was as liberal as Colbert.  You mainly see comedians who are liberal because most comedians are liberal.  There are very few conservative comedians.

Perhaps there are more liberal leaning comedians because they have a sense of humor?

They are fed the latest manufactured outrage by their talk show leaders etc. and off they go frothing at the mouth over the latest imagined offense.

It is hard to have a sense of humor when you are angry. It is difficult to think clearly when you are angry and that is part of what generating the anger is all about.

Lol... like to label much? I suppose you just came across this innocent observation all by your lonesome huh?

35Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 10:45 am

knothead

knothead

I believe that the concept of a conservative being a comedian is an exemplary example of a classic oxymoron. Other more contemporary examples are military intelligence (George Carlon) or, most recently, Tea Party Patriot!

Twisted Evil 

36Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 11:08 am

In the words of his majesty, Mr. Buffet, (think margaritas not money):

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Maybe some are there?  Shocked  Would explain a lot.

37Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 4:00 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Bob wrote:
crow wrote:

Lol... like to label much? I suppose you just came across this innocent observation all by your lonesome huh?

This is just my observation. What does your question mean about coming across this all by my lonesome? Do you think I saw this posted or written somewhere else? I did not.

Everything is 'the end of the world' with these people. Everything is an outrage and the end of civilization as we know it.

You can call it labeling if you wish I just call it a list of observations. Is that the same thing?

Just look around at the postings here and figure out who are the jolly ones! No fair counting Markle's ever-present animated laughing people. He is really not happy he is just trying to belittle whatever idea was put forth, which is a big difference.

It just seems to me that many of the right wing posts read as if they were typed with clinched jaws. Maybe or maybe not.

38Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 4:01 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:I believe that the concept of a conservative being a comedian is an exemplary example of a classic oxymoron.  Other more contemporary examples are military intelligence (George Carlon) or, most recently, Tea Party Patriot!

Twisted Evil 

Exactly.

39Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 4:29 pm

We mostly talk politics and hard news here. I don't think you can draw much into it... but don't let that stop you.

I'm sure everyone that disagrees with you is mean, ugly, greedy, stingy, racist, wife beating misogynist, religious nut, gun toting, islamiphobe, war mongering, uncaring, narrowminded, ageist, alarmist, science denying, intellectually inferior... etc.

Oh... and not funny.

40Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 5:16 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:We mostly talk politics and hard news here. I don't think you can draw much into it... but don't let that stop you.

I'm sure everyone that disagrees with you is mean, ugly, greedy, stingy, racist, wife beating misogynist, religious nut, gun toting, islamiphobe, war mongering, uncaring, narrowminded, ageist, alarmist, science denying, intellectually inferior... etc.

Oh... and not funny.

Label much?

41Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 5:31 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:We mostly talk politics and hard news here. I don't think you can draw much into it... but don't let that stop you.

Oh... and not funny.

Label much?

Just trying to recall a few from a couple of the recent topics... did I forget some?

42Colbert to Replace Letterman - Page 2 Empty Re: Colbert to Replace Letterman 4/15/2014, 5:59 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Oh... and not funny.

Label much?

Just trying to recall a few from a couple of the recent topics... did I forget some?

LOL, maybe a few wingers do have a sense of humor. You did add a couple that I've never addressed: ugly and wife beaters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum