Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My friend's son had a heart attack today.

+6
Markle
Sal
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
knothead
QueenOfHearts
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

The son is only 18 years old. They are running tests but said he had clogged arteries. He is a healthy, slender kid. I never heard of someone so young having a heart attack.

Tragic... that's awfully young. I hope not too much damage was done.

knothead

knothead

So sorry about this unusual heart attack on a seemingly healthy young man, I do hope there is a hopeful outcome.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm sorry and I hope he has a full recovery.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So sorry, Queen.

A friend of mine had her youngest son involved in a bike crash on Hamilton Bridge Road. He cracked the C-1 vertabra in three places due to impacting the bike windshield his dad had on his bike.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:A friend of mine had her youngest son involved in a bike crash on Hamilton Bridge Road. He cracked the C-1 vertabra in three places due to impacting the bike windshield his dad had on his bike.

OMG.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

PACEDOG#1 wrote:A friend of mine had her youngest son involved in a bike crash on Hamilton Bridge Road. He cracked the C-1 vertabra in three places due to impacting the bike windshield his dad had on his bike.

Yikes! Did a car hit him?

Wow, good thoughts for these two.
We seem invincible and then in a split
second see how fragile life is.

I'm sitting in a neurosurgeon's office right now. I haven't been to a doctor in almost twenty years... but started getting excruciating pain and numbness/weakness from my neck down my arms... then two weeks ago I noticed a big dent in the back of my arm... and last week a muscle gone on top of my left forearm. Had an mri last week and an ugly report... guess surgery is in my near future.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I'm sitting in a neurosurgeon's office right now. I haven't been to a doctor in almost twenty years... but started getting excruciating pain and numbness/weakness from my neck down my arms... then two weeks ago I noticed a big dent in the back of my arm... and last week a muscle gone on top of my left forearm. Had an mri last week and an ugly report... guess surgery is in my near future.

Will be thinking of you. Good luck.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:I'm sitting in a neurosurgeon's office right now. I haven't been to a doctor in almost twenty years... but started getting excruciating pain and numbness/weakness from my neck down my arms... then two weeks ago I noticed a big dent in the back of my arm... and last week a muscle gone on top of my left forearm. Had an mri last week and an ugly report... guess surgery is in my near future.

Jebus, ....

.... this place is getting to be the walking wounded.

Good vibes and best wishes to you, Pkr.

Thanks y'all... Bilateral cervical radiculopathy. Steroids for a few weeks and then surgery... thems the breaks.

Markle

Markle

Twenty years...hmmmm...that rings a bell.

On October 30, 2002, Zevon was featured on the Late Show with David Letterman as the only guest for the entire hour. The band played "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" as his introduction. Zevon performed several songs and spoke at length about his illness. Zevon had been a frequent guest and occasional substitute bandleader on Letterman's television shows since Late Night was first broadcast in 1982. He noted, "I might have made a tactical error in not going to a physician for 20 years." It was during this broadcast that, when asked by Letterman if he knew something more about life and death now, he first offered his oft-quoted insight on dying: "Enjoy every sandwich."[

Goodness. Well wishes for the lot of you.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

crow wrote:Goodness. Well wishes for the lot of you.

Dittos on that, folks!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Twenty years! Sounds like Teo. I wonder about people who do that. You could have a silent killer and not know it.

QueenOfHearts wrote:The son is only 18 years old.  They are running tests but said he had clogged arteries.  He is a healthy, slender kid.  I never heard of someone so young having a heart attack.

I have. There were several 17 yr. olds that dropped dead like on ball fields from unknown heart problems. Just because you're young doesn't mean you don't have health problems. Glad they caught it in time.

My friend's son had a heart attack today. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFNep6CYKOoyjEBtN0I8DxnS39P8JvNoSXr00AWnDHCqjO8mvS

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWoGCdXT07g

Smile 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:The son is only 18 years old.  They are running tests but said he had clogged arteries.  He is a healthy, slender kid.  I never heard of someone so young having a heart attack.

I have. There were several 17 yr. olds that dropped dead like on ball fields from unknown heart problems. Just because you're young doesn't mean you don't have health problems. Glad they caught it in time.

When I worked in the ER.....we put a pacemaker in a 16 year old football player.

2seaoat

Young people simply should not have to face these health challenges, but lately I am seeing some strange things. PK get better, because with only one arm, it hardly will be a fair keyboard fight.

cool1

cool1

that's sad prayers for him my goodness

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I wish people in general would buy a clue and stop letting their kids eat and drink junk. Yes, I know, sometimes there's a problem that can't be fixed by diet, but I am astounded when I see people stocking up on sodas and junk food. Caffeine, sugar and salt...what could go wrong? Even when my kids were little, some of their friends had never had real mashed potatoes...only the processed kind. Add to that: GMO's in a lot of processed food, "energy" drinks, etc. Even a candy bar is loaded with caffeine. I'm not blaming...just observing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum