Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

we cannot find a jet plane, but a camera can capture a falling meteorite

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.today.com/video/today/54864164?ocid=msnhp&pos=6#54864164

Incredible

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:http://www.today.com/video/today/54864164?ocid=msnhp&pos=6#54864164

Incredible
Whats incredible is that you believe that this story is true. Its much more likely that the skydiver had the rock inadvertently packed into his chute.

2seaoat

That would make sense......It could easily be a fraud. I mean I look at the fire budgets, and I think they are almost legitimate. Maybe I should look closer......that last piece of equipment costing 750k and the town three miles down the road has the same tanker.....yea....gotta have one, so you are right......there probably is some fraud out there and you are probably familiar with a great deal more than I see.

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:That would make sense......It could easily be a fraud.   I mean I look at the fire budgets, and I think they are almost legitimate.  Maybe I should look closer......that last piece of equipment costing 750k and the town three miles down the road has the same tanker.....yea....gotta have one, so you are right......there probably is some fraud out there and you are probably familiar with a great deal more than I see.
A Tanker costing 750 thousand? Youre so full of shit that your eyes are brown seaoat! If you want to try and discuss issues then that's fine but don't lie and try to bullshit people. Try to maintain credibility because in the end all an internet coward has is credibility.

2seaoat

Give me until thursday and I will get a copy from the chief and upload the same......they spent about a 100k too much, but then again since 911 it has been carte Blanche...........but when some of the board complained.....guess what....the usual officer safety........we will see how you answer the invoice.

I worked on Red Cross Disaster Action Team (DAT) for Escambia co. I did it for 2 years. I was a volunteer. I went to most house/apartment fires. I learned first hand the value of the skills and the equipment of the responders. Fireman and Emergency workers must have the very best in equipment. Damn the cost. I used to have to explain why I bought a Snap on wrench for 60 dollars when I could have bought one from Harbor Freight for 12 dollars. There is a vast difference between the two wrenches. It is foolish and disingenuous to ask some one to risk their life with sub standard equipment. Mr Oats can vote to supply his local Firefighters from Wal Mart, but those of us who really care, will not.

no stress

no stress

Mr Ichi wrote:I worked on Red Cross Disaster Action Team (DAT) for Escambia co. I did it for 2 years.  I was a volunteer.  I went to most house/apartment fires.  I learned first hand the value of the skills and the equipment of the responders.  Fireman and Emergency workers must have the very best in equipment.  Damn the cost.  I used to have to explain why I bought a Snap on wrench for 60 dollars when I could have bought one from Harbor Freight for 12 dollars.  There is a vast difference between the two wrenches.  It is foolish and disingenuous to ask some one to risk their life with sub standard equipment.  Mr Oats can vote to supply his local Firefighters from Wal Mart, but those of us who really care, will not.
I did a stint in the oilfields right after high school and safety is a big factor there too. Safety costs money. Ill bet mr patti didn't cut corners on safety equipment when you and buster were there.

2seaoat

Sorry Hallmark, when there is no regional coordination of equipment and manpower, we have fiefdoms where each department has to get it all, both manpower and equipment. Huge societal waste. The chief used to laugh that since 911 he has never had a referendum turned down.......and that is the problem. Almost 15 years of a blank check. I have emailed the chief for a copy of the invoice on the last truck. I will see him next Tuesday. I am a ghost......but even Casper got some things right. This blank check has to come to an end......plus how else will I get Gunz pissed so he posts......he knows his dogs.....and I read what pavlov did.....just ringing some bells.

each department has to get it all, both manpower and equipment. Huge societal waste

And I say let them have it.  No worse than spending a million dollars for a scoreboard at our baseball stadium.. I would love to say we have the best, State of the Art fighting equipment in the USA.  Maybe one day we will.

2seaoat

The ballpark is creating a tremendous profit while a duplicate truck may sit for months without being used and another one sits two miles away.....also sitting for months. Let me ask you this......On PB is there any equipment which can get to the top floors? NB can they get to the top of those floors.......if they could get the tallest ladder truck....should both NB and PB have the same? Tough questions, but as usual you have easy answers.....spend whatever to get the state of art.....and turn the lights off at the ballpark......by golly there is consistency to your logic.

Remember that when you house is burning down and the Fire Dept is responding in their 1952 Ford F500 Tanker. I guess it would give you more time to go to the ball park as you would not to worry about keeping you r house in good repair. Maybe Hetrz or National could just rent Fire Trucks and Hoses and such. I mean damn."How often do you really need one?"

2seaoat

In college I lived in a trailer park for a period of time. I was not there. A mother and three children lived in a trailer, and my friend was there. The fire started in the kitchen area, and blocked their access to the exit. The fire department arrived with a couple of trucks and plenty of men......as they tried to get water on the fire the screams back in the bedrooms continued for about three minutes, and nobody tried to open this flimsy back end of the trailer....neighbors began getting axes and tried to open the back end.....My friend cried....he felt the fireman were not trained, and they did not have proper equipment. It was horrible. They all died. This was 1972. Equipment does matter, but today those kids and mother would have been rescued, but when every department has to have every piece of equipment and there is no coordination on a regional multi jurisdictional response which involves allocations of equipment.......you have pure waste, and sadly in waste you have more deaths.....the part which is not discussed.

there is no coordination on a regional multi jurisdictional response which involves allocations of equipment.......you have pure waste, and sadly in waste you have more deaths.....the part which is not discussed..

Are you referencing the City of Pensacola or Escambia Co Florida fire system?. There is a multi jurisdictional response plan in action and it used extensively. We send Fire fighters and equipment to Alabama and other counties quite regularly. Tell me more about the deaths caused by "wasteful" equipment.

In this community we learned the hard way about working together.  In the early 60s there was a large fire in Brownsville.  a local Movie theater(Sky Chief) caught on fire.  The country fire fighters could not handle it and it started to spread to the adjoining buildings. The city fire dept was called but they stopped at the city limits"Q st".  The could or would not go into the country to help.  As a result almost a entire block of Brownsville was destroyed.  There was a lot of ill feelings and much discussion about this and steps were made to ensure it would not ever happen again.

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 4/4/2014, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

With Bocca codes, smoke detectors, central systems, and reverse 911 we are pouring precious societal resources down an 1899 rabbit hole, and yes allocation of resources across the nation since 911 have gone in the wrong direction, choking our industrial growth as municipalities have infrastructure needed for business crumbling while trillions have been wasted in the last 20 years as technology is ignored, and politics and featherbedding win the day.

2seaoat wrote:With Bocca codes, smoke detectors, central systems, and reverse 911 we are pouring precious societal resources down an 1899 rabbit hole, and yes allocation of resources across the nation since 911 have gone in the wrong direction, choking our industrial growth as municipalities have infrastructure needed for business crumbling while trillions have been wasted in the last 20 years as technology is ignored, and politics and featherbedding win the day.

Now I understand. Just use the fire fighting app on your Iphone to put out the fire and render aid.

2seaoat

Now I understand. Just use the fire fighting app on your Iphone to put out the fire and render aid.

Maybe, but how about sprinkled homes with central monitoring, paid from the reductions in the current fire budgets where that swirl in the toilet bowl are trillions of dollars since technology has been available applying 1899 deployments.........bottom line.....lives saved.

This from the same guy that wants to put alch ignition locks on every car... your lawfulness is irrelevant comrade.

2seaoat

This from the same guy that wants to put alch ignition locks on every car... your lawfulness is irrelevant comrade.

You have no problem spending a trillion on prisons and expanded LEO, all the while 20k die because of impaired drivers, when about fifty bucks a car, or about as much as the mandated back up camera which saves 200 lives gets priority.

Sadly we spend trillion for chimney savers and a wise investment could cut fire deaths in half. Instead, we bankrupt detroit with fire and police pensions which always were unsustainable, as Detroit burned. Sorry PK your nihilist philosophy stands for nothing and does not understand math. A budget is societal priorities. We spend to have folks sitting around waiting to save chimneys when we could be saving lives.

We have a big problem with Leos. I pay 85 dollars a year for fire protection. About the same as a dinner at Jackson's or a couple of battleship sandwiches at Studerville. For the services I receive, it money well spent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum