Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A sincere non-critical non-sarcastic non-rhetorical question for Damaged Eagle.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Firstly, you and I had an interesting lively conversation on attitudes about government vs private last night. From that conversation I discovered that I have misjudged your smarts and your ability to communicate and I apologize for that. You're obviously a very intelligent person even if you don't share my opinions.
So that leads me to this question...

You have repeatedly referred to yourself as a neocon.
How do you define what that is in your own words? I'm very interested to learn why you're proud to label yourself with that term.

The way I see it, neoconservatives are very closely associated with conceiving the U.S. foreign policy since 9-11 (in both the Bush and Obama regimes).
Neoconservatives believe it's the role of the U.S. to police the rest of the world and to bring democracy to the rest of the world. They have been the primary instigators in a foreign policy which has led to the invasions and decades long occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Are you aligned with people like Lindsey Graham who continue to champion this foreign policy? Even though in my opinion it has proven to be a monumental failure of government policy.

I welcome anyone who shares this belief to comment including Markle who seems to think pretty much the way you do. But I am addressing the question to you because you are the only poster I've ever encountered here who is proud to label himself a neoconservative.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

bump

he must be plowing the back forty. get a laptop in that tractor cab, son.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Look, I know that after you did all that plowing it's now TGIF and you want to go to the Iowa State Fair. But all it takes is a few minutes to post to this thread before you go.
Or are you too scared to? If you are, then I'd stay off that upside down loop roller coaster when you get to the Fair. It's even scarier than posting to this thread.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay I get it. You're like teo and you don't wanna talk to me anymore.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Look, at least post the same reply you post to all my other posts...

"And I'm supposed to care about this why?"

That way I'll at least know you're still alive and not trapped under the tractor out on the farm somewhere.

I never said I agreed with all the governmental overseas policies that any party supports.

I label myself as a Neo-Conservative, with a twist, because of past (and present) experiences with supposedly enlightened progressive liberals. I love how it gets them worked up and besides that they call me a NEOCON anyway before I even say that I am.

If you can't figure out what those experiences are then you really aren't paying attention. As a matter of fact looking at a few of the posts you've decided to place in this discussion puts you very close to being on that side even though the Imp told me that he kinda likes you and hoped we'd get along.

Are you a critical thinker or are you just another party hack?

Looks to me that you're just another party hack right now.

Does it look like all my thoughts on how to resolve some issues would be accepted without complaint by the more extreme conservative faction? I think not! But an independent who has a conservative lean will listen to my arguments and might agree with them.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 8/20/2012, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

We get it. You have no idea what a neo-conservative is. Rolling Eyes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinsky wrote:We get it. You have no idea what a neo-conservative is. Rolling Eyes
From his response, that would indeed appear to be the case.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Looks to me that you're just another party hack right now.

If I'm a party hack I wish someone would tell me which party I'm hacking in. I haven't a clue.

salinsky wrote:We get it. You have no idea what a neo-conservative is. Rolling Eyes

But then neither do you or Bob. Looks like neither of you know what to believe in...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM44F-M78Vs

Laughing

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Son, him and me don't claim to be one so the onus is not on us to define it.
You do claim to be one and yet you are apparently ashamed to tell us what it means to you to have this label. I can't take you seriously anymore.

Bob wrote:Son, him and me don't claim to be one so the onus is not on us to define it.
You do claim to be one and yet you are apparently ashamed to tell us what it means to you to have this label. I can't take you seriously anymore.

A sincere non-critical non-sarcastic non-rhetorical question for Damaged Eagle. Th?id=I4918403957195492&pid=1

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmwLPU5H6_Q

Laughing

A sincere non-critical non-sarcastic non-rhetorical question for Damaged Eagle. Darkknight6300708

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum