Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mitt Romney vs. dead potted plant

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2012/08/14/mitt-romney-potted-plant/

"...At least Bush had his searing ignorance, childish notions of God, moronic cowboy worldview to rally around. Mitt Romney promises little, delivers less, stands for nothing you can really name save for what his handlers feed him: Poor people are losers, abortion is wrong, wealthy white folk are wonderful and benevolent and should never really pay taxes, Mexicans are fine in small doses when they’re mowing the lawns of one of my five estates or cleaning the stalls of my show horses.

You’d think Mitt’s sneering distaste for the world would be enough to spark some outrage, some interest. But as I stare at my lovingly desiccated plant, as I imagine flourishing greenery – maybe an herb garden? – I rest in the knowledge that I am not alone.

Here’s the fantastic thing: no one on the Right cares much for Mitt, either. There is no passion to be found anywhere (save for the extremists and Tea Party simpletons who adore Ryan). Even House Republicans are bored to death by him. Heartland Christians really want to care, but Mitt’s creepy Mormonism means they don’t know which way is heaven anymore. Only rich Wall Street barons are happy with Mitt. This is because they built him.

It all bodes very well indeed. When a nation is this apathetic and numb to a particular candidate, when they can’t get away from him fast enough, good things happen for the other side. Even Bush was able to galvanize the uneducated, fundamentalist right. Even McCain could leverage his bogus patriotism and Sarah Palin’s ditzy winking. Romney can’t even galvanize your grandmother in Florida. If anything, she’s furious that Paul Ryan wants to kill Medicare. Or rather, she soon will be, once Obama reminds her, fifty times a day, for the next three months.

So be heartened, liberal America. Milquetoast mannequins who inspire no one – not even their own supporters, not even the Christian right, not even House Republicans – never win major elections..."

Nekochan

Nekochan

Romney or potted plant....either one is better than Obama.
Wink

NaNook

NaNook

Floridatexan wrote:

"...At least Bush had his searing ignorance, childish notions of God, moronic cowboy worldview to rally around. Mitt Romney promises little, delivers less, stands for nothing you can really name save for what his handlers feed him: Poor people are losers, abortion is wrong, wealthy white folk are wonderful and benevolent and should never really pay taxes, Mexicans are fine in small doses when they’re mowing the lawns of one of my five estates or cleaning the stalls of my show horses.

You’d think Mitt’s sneering distaste for the world would be enough to spark some outrage, some interest. But as I stare at my lovingly desiccated plant, as I imagine flourishing greenery – maybe an herb garden? – I rest in the knowledge that I am not alone.

Here’s the fantastic thing: no one on the Right cares much for Mitt, either. There is no passion to be found anywhere (save for the extremists and Tea Party simpletons who adore Ryan). Even House Republicans are bored to death by him. Heartland Christians really want to care, but Mitt’s creepy Mormonism means they don’t know which way is heaven anymore. Only rich Wall Street barons are happy with Mitt. This is because they built him.

It all bodes very well indeed. When a nation is this apathetic and numb to a particular candidate, when they can’t get away from him fast enough, good things happen for the other side. Even Bush was able to galvanize the uneducated, fundamentalist right. Even McCain could leverage his bogus patriotism and Sarah Palin’s ditzy winking. Romney can’t even galvanize your grandmother in Florida. If anything, she’s furious that Paul Ryan wants to kill Medicare. Or rather, she soon will be, once Obama reminds her, fifty times a day, for the next three months.

So be heartened, liberal America. Milquetoast mannequins who inspire no one – not even their own supporters, not even the Christian right, not even House Republicans – never win major elections..."

Now you attack McCain for, "Bogus Patriotism", REALLY? Are you just stupid???? Does the State let you drive? No wonder you support Obama.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

FT, Ryan was supposed to have spiced up Mitten's 'plantiness' but so far it has just caused confusion leading to many and varied attempts to explain how their two plans are alike or different or sometimes alike, or...You know, yes, my plan is just like his, well, perhaps not in every detail...Paul who?

maybe y'all shouldn't vote for Romney/Ryan?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

obama owns stock in the thermite company that some people think was painted on the walls of the world trade center.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:maybe y'all shouldn't vote for Romney/Ryan?
That's a given. Doesn't keep us from having views though.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

NaNook wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Now you attack McCain for, "Bogus Patriotism", REALLY? Are you just stupid???? Does the State let you drive? No wonder you support Obama.

Have you failed yet again to notice who ALWAYS lines up for more war? Hasn't your mother Baker-acted you yet?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ghandi wrote:obama owns stock in the thermite company that some people think was painted on the walls of the world trade center.

You're really reaching now.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

A dead potted plant is at least nearly neutral when it comes to causing damage. Perhaps someone could trip over it or throw it out of a 10 story window onto someone's head but just setting there it isn't much of a problem.

Then there's the lovely group of dim witted newly elected anti-science, anti-intellectual Republicans. These guys are so difficult to work with that moderate R's are dropping out of re-election races by the drove.

I can't remember when so many crazy statements have been made so often by so many in an election year. I mean you've got the Romney/Ryan team flip flopping back and forth from one position to another on nearly ever topic known to man and then the crazies like the guy from Missouri making comments about women's special abilities to block pregnancy if they're being raped. All this would be funny if it weren't so important. How can a country prosper with people like that in elected office? Thank you Rove and the Koch brothers, etc.

c'mon... for every point you cherry pick on the right there is a valid example of on the left. as for a presidential candidate... i don't think there has ever been one that we knew less about or who was less qualified and inexperienced as obama. even if you bought into all of his promises before voting for him last time... he has kept very few and done the exact opposite of most of them. but don't worry... govt control will likely grow no matter which wins... yea team.

othershoe1030 wrote:A dead potted plant is at least nearly neutral when it comes to causing damage. Perhaps someone could trip over it or throw it out of a 10 story window onto someone's head but just setting there it isn't much of a problem.

Then there's the lovely group of dim witted newly elected anti-science, anti-intellectual Republicans. These guys are so difficult to work with that moderate R's are dropping out of re-election races by the drove.

I can't remember when so many crazy statements have been made so often by so many in an election year. I mean you've got the Romney/Ryan team flip flopping back and forth from one position to another on nearly ever topic known to man and then the crazies like the guy from Missouri making comments about women's special abilities to block pregnancy if they're being raped. All this would be funny if it weren't so important. How can a country prosper with people like that in elected office? Thank you Rove and the Koch brothers, etc.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/20/soledad-obrien-tries-to-get-christine-odonnell-to-define-the-word-marxist/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:c'mon... for every point you cherry pick on the right there is a valid example of on the left. as for a presidential candidate... i don't think there has ever been one that we knew less about or who was less qualified and inexperienced as obama. even if you bought into all of his promises before voting for him last time... he has kept very few and done the exact opposite of most of them. but don't worry... govt control will likely grow no matter which wins... yea team.

I see your point, people on both sides of the aisle make verbal boo-boos from time to time but this last week or so just seems to be a cornucopia of mis-statements by the R's.

Poor Akin put out an apology today in which he basically said he misspoke and used the wrong word. Come on, he made a whole statement sharing his views on the functioning of women's bodies during rape even mentioning that he'd gotten the information from talking to doctors. I mean this is just, or should be, embarrassing.

As for Obama keeping his promises. There are things he's done, like ramping up the fight in Afghanistan which I disagreed with and was very disappointed about but sometimes you folks on the right say on the one hand how he's not done anything and on the other how he's a dictator. Those two positions just don't match up in my book.

well... how do you feel about gitmo, civilian trials, bombing libya, drone assassinations, continuing patriot act wiretaps, the ndaa that allows indefinite detentions of US citizens and drones right here in the good ole USA, bailing out banks and corps, continuing bush tax rates, continuing the war on drugs and even going after state sanctioned marijuana growers and patients, ... nothing matters?

NaNook

NaNook

Floridatexan wrote:
NaNook wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Have you failed yet again to notice who ALWAYS lines up for more war? Hasn't your mother Baker-acted you yet?

My Mother Died in 2004. Nice typical democratic attack though. Attack me, not any relatives. Or are you just stupid? BTW: The Romney Welfare ad is true....go read for yourself. Check out the Nevada work exemption....surprized?/??????? No work required for welfare...go figure.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum