Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deputy shoots man getting cane out of his truck

+5
cool1
TEOTWAWKI
no stress
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.wcnc.com/video?id=249934861&sec=650829

Citizens should be petrified when being pulled over by police.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Did the elderly man who was shot live? I hope he has found a good lawyer who is willing to sue the shit out of the sheriff's department in that county.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I think people who are pulled over must first and foremost think. A deputy in a patrol car who is pulling someone over is ALWAYS at risk. Therefore as an occupant of a car, it is never a good idea to just exit your car until the officer comes up to your window and gives you instructions. Get your license and insurance card as the squad is sitting behind you and put your hands at 10 and 2 holding the steering wheel. Roll your window partially down and wait for the officer and instructions. Common sense can reduce these tragedies

no stress

no stress

Bad set of circumstances all around. The deputy thought that the cane was a shotgun and in my opinion acted accordingly. If I were a deputy my priority would be me going home safe after each shift. I hope the 70 year old makes a full recovery.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Perhaps the deputy needs glasses.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Perhaps the deputy needs glasses.

I was going to say that. He doesn't see very well and he could have ordered the guy back in his truck rather than shooting him. The guy was shot in the leg and will survive. The point is the police are too trigger happy and any innocent move can cost you your life like in the Pensacola shooting of the guy getting a cigarette. Things have changed so drastically that they are taught to shoot first and ask questions later.

cool1

cool1

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Perhaps the deputy needs glasses.

for sure!!!

A walking cane that he thought was a shotgun?

Mighty big imagination and, yes, way to quick on the trigger.

What's going on with the man who was shot at his mother's house while getting cigarettes from his car? Again...over use of gun power. For what was he pulled over? Most folks don't get out of a vehicle and start shooting at deputy.

Sounds a bit like a zealous Barney Fife to me.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have to wonder why he was stopped. Yes, he should have stayed in his car. Didn't it seem that the police car was very far away from the truck?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.wcnc.com/video?id=249934861&sec=650829

Never, ever been the least bit concerned and never will.

He got out of the truck, which he should not have done, he reached into the back of his truck, which he should not have done, he pulled out something that, in the dash cam video, could have been a shotgun.

If people followed instructions when pulled over, these things would not happen.

Markle wrote:

He got out of the truck, which he should not have done, he reached into the back of his truck, which he should not have done, he pulled out something that, in the dash cam video, could have been a shotgun.

If people followed instructions when pulled over, these things would not happen.

There were no instructions given,Markle. He pulled out his cane so he could walk. To me it's safer to make people get out of the car then walk up on a car where they might have a gun hidden waiting. LEO's used to walk up to the driver's side bumper and make you get out.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

There were no instructions given,Markle. He pulled out his cane so he could walk. To me it's safer to make people get out of the car then walk up on a car where they might have a gun hidden waiting. LEO's used to walk up to the driver's side bumper and make you get out.

YOU'RE the one who needs to be worried. You want to make your own rules.

You need to turn on the sound on your computer.  He was told not to get out, not to reach in the back of his truck and repeatedly told to put down the gun.  He was pointing the cane directly at the officer when the officer fired.

Call your local police or FHP and ask them what they prefer a driver do when pulled over.

Bullshit Markle! I can see from the same distance as the deputy it was not a gun and he did not point it at him. He did a swooping motion to get the cane. The police are trying to excuse the deputy for panicking. I would never walk up to a driver's window where I can't see their hands.

Jake92

It was DARK out........ I imagine Dreams has perfect vision and can see everything in the dark..

FT.... The video said he was pulled over for an expired tag...

Jake92 wrote:It was DARK out........  I imagine Dreams has perfect vision and can see everything in the dark..

FT....  The video said he was pulled over for an expired tag...

Hogs do wait in the dark

Jake92 wrote:It was DARK out........  I imagine Dreams has perfect vision and can see everything in the dark..

So you shoot somebody cause you can't see?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreamsglore, you got skunked. The officer, much to your chagrin, acted properly. The driver did not and repeated refused to obey instructions.

Now go look for something else you'll be proven wrong about.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I can see and understand why it happened.

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreamsglore, you got skunked.  The officer, much to your chagrin, acted properly.  The driver did not and repeated refused to obey instructions.

The deputy panicked. You have no clue whether the man had hearing problems and didn't hear the deputy but it was definitely a panic response.I also see how it happened and think the deputy bears some responsibility.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreamsglore, you got skunked.  The officer, much to your chagrin, acted properly.  The driver did not and repeated refused to obey instructions.

The deputy panicked. You have no clue whether the man had hearing problems and didn't hear the deputy but it was definitely a panic response.I also see how it happened and think the deputy bears some responsibility.

This probably is as close as we'll ever come to Dreamsglore admitting she was wrong and "quietly" back pedaling.

Deputy shoots man getting cane out of his truck BackPeddlingViolinist

I never admitted I was wrong,however, I have admitted in the past when I was wrong. The deputy panicked. I don't think he should be criminally charged but I not sure he should be a deputy.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:I never admitted I was wrong,however, I have admitted in the past when I was wrong. The deputy panicked. I don't think he should be criminally charged but I not sure he should be a deputy.
Deputy shoots man getting cane out of his truck HystericallyLaughingmanandboy
Did not appear that he panicked. He kept telling the man to not move and drop the gun.

You don't have a clue how you would react to someone pointing a loaded shotgun at you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum