Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heat Pump Recommendations

+3
no stress
TEOTWAWKI
Slicef18
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 11:23 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Our heat-pump is showing it's age and quit yesterday. The serviceman who got it up and running said I'll probably have a terminal event sometime in the next year. Recommendations of good replacements? Thanks.

2Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 11:26 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sell the house,

3Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 11:27 am

no stress

no stress

olddaze???

4Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 11:34 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you wanna PM me I'll give you the name of a guy who is as good as there is locally. He worked for a big heating and air company for a long time and then went into business for himself.
Three years ago I had window units and wall heaters. No central ductwork. He installed a heat pump and all the ducting from scratch in a 3-bedroom house and only charged $4500 for everything. And he knows his shit as good as anybody.
So he would replace your unit and probably give you as good a price as anybody.

5Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 11:49 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But if you're looking for info on brands this might help. It's got reviews on just about every brand. But the thing you'll notice is that a lot of heat pump customers are generally not very happy campers with most of the brands.

http://www.furnacecompare.com/heat-pumps/reviews/

[edit] I was just looking over that long list and so far the one with the best reviews I've seen is GE.
Sadly the one I got, Heil, aint all that great. lol

6Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 12:03 pm

Gunz wrote:olddaze???

That's what I thought too, Gunz. But, I have met both of them and they ain't the same person... Laughing

7Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 12:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have a York...small industrial heat pump. It was installed 2/11 and works great. The York replaced my old heat pump that was 25 years old....this one is more efficient and my electric bill is much lower.

8Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 2:18 pm

NaNook

NaNook

Slicef18 wrote:Our heat-pump is showing it's age and quit yesterday. The serviceman who got it up and running said I'll probably have a terminal event sometime in the next year. Recommendations of good replacements? Thanks.

Shop around. NG prices are going to be cheap for the next 10-20 years. Coal prices are going up. Gulf Power uses coal.....contact ESP and check out their plans and rebates. Good Luck......

9Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 2:33 pm

Markle

Markle

Slicef18 wrote:Our heat-pump is showing it's age and quit yesterday. The serviceman who got it up and running said I'll probably have a terminal event sometime in the next year. Recommendations of good replacements? Thanks.

Consumer Reports

10Heat Pump Recommendations  Empty Re: Heat Pump Recommendations 8/16/2012, 3:48 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I don't know if this is still the case. But back when I got mine you could get a significant rebate from Gulf Power if you chose the highest energy efficiency heat pump at the time. That rebate just about paid for the difference between the less expensive lower efficiency ones vs the higher purchase price of the higher efficiency ones making that a no brainer. I know only because I was ignorant and chose the lower efficiency one and then found it out after the fact when it was too late to make the right choice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum