Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Repuke Hypocrite of the Day

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 4:50 pm

Sal

Sal

Repuke logic on display — Mr. Miller was the deserving poor. 

Everyone else who is uninsured and either drunk driving or getting into a car with a drunk driver is a lazy shiftless moocher who probably wants to get into prescription drug fraud.

Brilliant!

More than a decade ago, Arkansas Rep. Josh Miller (R) was in a catastrophic car accident that broke his neck and left him paralyzed. Medicare and Medicaid paid the $1 million bill for his hospitalization and rehabilitation.
But this week, as the Arkansas legislature has debated continuing its privatized Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, Miller has remained steadfast in his opposition.
The Arkansas Times highlighted the contrast in a Thursday report. The alternative newspaper reported that Miller receives ongoing coverage through the government programs, including Medicaid-covered personal care assistance.
The Times asked Miller, 33, about this apparent contradiction: Shouldn't someone who has experienced the benefits of health insurance, including insurance paid for by the government, understand the importance of expanding those benefits to others?
The difference, he said, is that some of the 100,000 people who have gained coverage through Arkansas's Medicaid expansion don't work hard enough or just want access to the program so they can purchase and abuse prescription drugs.
"My problem is two things," Miller said. "One, we are giving it to able-bodied folks who can work ... and two, how do we pay for it?"
The accident that paralyzed Miller occurred about 11 years ago, the Times reported. He was driving with a friend, alcohol was involved, but Miller said he couldn't remember who was driving. When he arrived at the hospital with his life-changing injuries, he was uninsured.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/arkansas-gop-lawmaker-medicaid-expansion

2Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 4:52 pm

What's your point? are you saying only the GOP has folks like this, roflmao

3Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 5:05 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:What's your point? are you saying only the GOP has folks like this, roflmao

No, dummy. He's saying that Miller is a hypocrite. But, come to think of it, I don't recall any democrats who are calling for cutting medicare, medicaid, unemployment benefits or social security.

Do you?!

4Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 5:21 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:What's your point? are you saying only the GOP has folks like this, roflmao

Wow, you're dense.

5Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 5:43 pm

Typical lib tesponse

6Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 5:44 pm

Not agreeable, just insult

7Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 5:45 pm

Word you are biggest hypocrite here

8Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 7:27 pm

Sal wrote:Repuke logic on display — Mr. Miller was the deserving poor. 

Everyone else who is uninsured and either drunk driving or getting into a car with a drunk driver is a lazy shiftless moocher who probably wants to get into prescription drug fraud.

Brilliant!

More than a decade ago, Arkansas Rep. Josh Miller (R) was in a catastrophic car accident that broke his neck and left him paralyzed. Medicare and Medicaid paid the $1 million bill for his hospitalization and rehabilitation.
But this week, as the Arkansas legislature has debated continuing its privatized Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, Miller has remained steadfast in his opposition.
The Arkansas Times highlighted the contrast in a Thursday report. The alternative newspaper reported that Miller receives ongoing coverage through the government programs, including Medicaid-covered personal care assistance.
The Times asked Miller, 33, about this apparent contradiction: Shouldn't someone who has experienced the benefits of health insurance, including insurance paid for by the government, understand the importance of expanding those benefits to others?
The difference, he said, is that some of the 100,000 people who have gained coverage through Arkansas's Medicaid expansion don't work hard enough or just want access to the program so they can purchase and abuse prescription drugs.
"My problem is two things," Miller said. "One, we are giving it to able-bodied folks who can work ... and two, how do we pay for it?"
The accident that paralyzed Miller occurred about 11 years ago, the Times reported. He was driving with a friend, alcohol was involved, but Miller said he couldn't remember who was driving. When he arrived at the hospital with his life-changing injuries, he was uninsured.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/arkansas-gop-lawmaker-medicaid-expansion

What an ungrateful ass! These people sicken my soul.

9Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 2/28/2014, 7:37 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

You know, a person can understand someone of generational privilege not being able to relate to the problems of the working poor but here's a guy (I saw him on TV last night) who should be able to understand the need for health care, and healthcare paid for by the government at that.

What do you mean he can't remember who was driving? How drunk was he? I hope he doesn't get re-elected!

10Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 3/1/2014, 3:45 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

No, dummy.  He's saying that Miller is a hypocrite.  But, come to think of it, I don't recall any democrats who are calling for cutting medicare, medicaid, unemployment benefits or social security.  

Do you?!

That would be the Democrats and President Barack Hussein Obama's ObamaCare.

11Repuke Hypocrite of the Day Empty Re: Repuke Hypocrite of the Day 3/1/2014, 3:52 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

No, dummy.  He's saying that Miller is a hypocrite.  But, come to think of it, I don't recall any democrats who are calling for cutting medicare, medicaid, unemployment benefits or social security.  

Do you?!

So you're saying that two wrongs make a right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum