Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Veteran's Benefits Legislation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Veteran's Benefits Legislation Empty Veteran's Benefits Legislation 2/28/2014, 8:28 am

dumpcare

WASHINGTON — A di­vided Senate on Thursday derailed Democratic leg­islation providing $21 bil­lion for medical, educa­tion and job-training benefits for the nation’s veterans, as the bill fell victim to election-year disputes over spending and whether to slap sanc­tions on Iran.

Republicans used a procedural move to block the bill by Senate Veter­ans Affairs Committee Chairman Bernie Sand­ers.

Republicans focused much of their criticism on how most of Sanders’ bill was paid for — with funds left unspent from the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and the wind­ing down of American in­volvement in Afghani­stan.

Republicans also ob­jected to provisions let­ting more veterans with­out service-connected in­juries be eligible for treatment at Department of Veterans Affairs facil­ities. They said that would swamp an already over­burdened system.

The vote sidetracking the veterans bill was 56-41, falling four short of the 60 needed to keep it alive.

If the Democrats supported this like they did Obamacare it would have passed so quit trying to bullshit people on who is at fault. Last time I counted, there was a majority of Democrats in the Senate who can and do whatever they want to do. Now. Fess up to why this really didnt pass....

How about describing why not enough Dems supported it and what was in the language of the bill that caused the GOP to not be for this legislation.

Nothing but a shameless attempt by the Dems to paint the GOP as against vets and we know that's not true.

dumpcare

I am not trying to paint the GOP against Vets they have done enough of that themselves, after all it was Bush who took the classification 7 (I believe it was)  away so any vets without a disability could receive treatments at the VA facilities.

I do agree though that if the dems wanted it through they could have pushed it. When is everyone going to wake up and realize regardless of which party it is presently in power they don't give a shit about you or me? They are there to satisfy their needs and build their wealth and to hell with everyone else.

With a majority of the votes, the Dems are the ones to blame that this didn't go through....plain and simple.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum