Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just placed a big wager today

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I just placed a big wager today Empty I just placed a big wager today 2/27/2014, 9:50 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I bet a big part of my assets on him.

I just placed a big wager today Musk10

A really big bet for me.  And I'm not a gambler and that makes the bet be a lot bigger.

Why?  Because I want to take one more chance on our country.  And I think he's as good a bet as any.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and by the way, he's not even a native American. He's a South African by birth.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He's your generation, Sal. And you fuckers better not let me down.

2seaoat

You may be buying google in 1998.......electric is only a small part of it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You may be buying google in 1998.......electric is only a small part of it.

Seaoat,  if I could go back and buy google in "1998",  I would be teaming up with Larry and Sergei when they were still students at Stanford only a few months before they first claimed the domain <google.stanford.edu>.
If I could have been there at that point,  I might could have become a billionare like them.  Only in my wildest dreams could I do that.  lol

No, I'm buying into Musk a little after that stage.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:electric is only a small part of it.

A small part of what?  Of this dude?

I don't think you understand what an understatement you just made.

Right now, our government is paying him very well to deliver payloads (cargo) to the fucking International Space Station up in orbit.
And they've already given him a contract to be the only business which, in two years,  will be delivering the astronauts themselves to the Space Station.  The government is no longer doing it.
To get in a position to be able to accomplish that,  he figured out how to build space rockets for a WHOLE lot less than NASA (the government) has ever been able to do,  and he got the business.
And he did all that in his spare time. And he's 45 years old.

dumpcare

Who is this guy Bob?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Who is this guy Bob?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:Who is this guy Bob?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

Guess I should have known that since I've watched Tesla skyrocket in the past few weeks.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Should have gone with DDD (leading 3d printing company).  

3D printing is on the verge of explosion, and once fully realized will completely revolutionize our economy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Should have gone with DDD (leading 3d printing company).  

3D printing is on the verge of explosion, and once fully realized will completely revolutionize our economy.

I've been following that and I agree with you on the potential of it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2014/02/28/big-short-seller-bets-that-tesla-other-momentum-stocks-will-drop/

Of the so-called momentum stocks, Tesla TSLA -2.26% certainly has been one of the hottest, with shares zooming more than 600% in the last 12 months.

But Tesla’s also drawing much attention from investors who are betting the electric carmaker’s shares will eventually come tumbling down.

Of four momentum stocks, including 3-D Systems DDD +1.97% , Twitter TWTR -1.77% and BlackBerry BBRY -2.67% , Tesla has clearly been a main short-selling target.

More than a third, or 35% of Tesla’s share float is in the hands of short-sellers, according to data from FactSet.

On the other hand, short-sellers hold about 27% of Twitter’s share float. That number is 25% for 3-D Systems and 19% for BlackBerry.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2014/02/28/big-short-seller-bets-that-tesla-other-momentum-stocks-will-drop/

Of the so-called momentum stocks, Tesla TSLA -2.26%  certainly has been one of the hottest, with shares zooming more than 600% in the last 12 months.

But Tesla’s also drawing much attention from investors who are betting the electric carmaker’s shares will eventually come tumbling down.

Of four momentum stocks, including 3-D Systems DDD +1.97% , Twitter TWTR -1.77%  and BlackBerry BBRY -2.67% , Tesla has clearly been a main short-selling target.

More than a third, or 35% of Tesla’s share float is in the hands of short-sellers, according to data from FactSet.

On the other hand, short-sellers hold about 27% of Twitter’s share float. That number is 25% for 3-D Systems and 19% for BlackBerry.

Something like this is always a big gamble.  No question about that.

But I blew it the first time and I need one more chance to make good on that.
The last time I had any faith in a business making it big was in 1986.
I was in the barber shop and picked up a copy of Time magazine.  It was one of the first reports to reveal that a company was on the forefront of a new invention.  The invention was something that would put the entire Encyclopedia Brittanica on a computer disc the size of a drink coaster.
That invention was the CD-Rom and the company was Microsoft.  
And the article revealed that the company was a month away from going public with an IPO at $21/share.
I didn't have any extra money to buy stock then because every dime I was bringing in I was reinvesting in jukeboxes.
But my Dad had been investing in stocks and I did everything I could to convince him to buy 100 shares of the IPO.

But he didn't.  And a few years before he died,  just out of curiousity we calculated what his 100 shares bought at $21 would be worth.  And after all the numerous stock splits,  that figure at the time was a little more than $800,000.

I'm hoping that Musk will redeem that for me.  lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Recent $700,000 option wager that TSLA will fall by 75% by January 2015.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101428001

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Recent $700,000 option wager that TSLA will fall by 75% by January 2015.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101428001

boards,

I didn't tell my whole investment history. I had two chances not just one.
With Microsoft, I was shut out. But with eBay, I actually was able to AND DID BUY the IPO. At $16.

If you do the research, and you find out that no matter how much fucking money he has now, that he bought one of the four best stocks in modern history at the IPO price, then I'll listen to him. But not before.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm sorry I have to take that back.  I think the eBay IPO was maybe $21,  not $16.  I honestly don't remember.  But what I absolutely do remember is the day it opened on the market it opened at $52.
Whether it was $1600 or $2100 I invested,  it turned into $5200 after the first second and I'll never forget that as long as I live.  Everything my grandparents and parents had told me about "there is no such thing as easy money" went out the window and under the bus as fast as that stock ticker could report it.  lol

But,  while that gave me a safety net,  I kept on working the old way and didn't go to the dark side.  
But it let me retire early.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards,

I may be making an even riskier wager on what is now a penny stock which should really make you think I'm wrong.  Because we all know penny stocks are poison.

As you probably know,  Musk has just revealed that he's going to produce batteries in a big way.  In America.  In a factory which will give us 6500 good paying American jobs.  And you probably know (or should) that Musk is in bed with Panasonic,  the largest battery producer in the world.  And if what both Musk and Panasonic have bet THEIR money on does materialize,  that will be big,  very big,  very very big.

All we know so far,  is that the location for this has been narrowed down to Nevada,  Arizona or Texas.  There is no way it will be put in Texas because that is so politically incorrect that defies imagination.
Me and some investor friends see it going to Nevada (for a variety of reasons).

This is a company which has been getting very poised to mine lithium in Nevada.  Lithium is the raw material for the batteries Musk/Panasonic will produce.
We're right now doing the research in attempt to determine if there is any association between the brain behind this mining outfit (who has all the same ideals as Musk) and Tesla.
But we decided today,  that really doesn't matter.  Because if Musk/Panasonic do start making batteries for the world,  they will need the lithium which this company can supply.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=WLCDF+Interactive#symbol=wlcdf;range=5d;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=;

boards of FL

boards of FL

Are you still holding this, Bob?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum