Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

300 mph Top fuel Dragester crash

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Same cars will be in Gainesville at the GatorNationals March 13th through the weekend. If you haven't been, it is an experience of a life time. 8,000 HP from both cars hitting the track at the same instant. Your insides vibrate and ear protection is a MUST. When I went, I ordered tickets in December but I'm sure you can still go and have a phenomenal time.

http://www.nhra.com/events/event.aspx?event=gatornationals2014&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Such explosions are not unusual. In the finalists on your front page was Doug Kalitta brother of Scott Kalitta and son of Connie Kalitta. Scott was killed in this crash. At the very end of the track, on the very right next to the concrete wall was a post, like you see as protection outside banks and such. Why it was there, I have no clue. Guess they thought no one could possibly hit the thing. He was probably okay until he hit that and the car went straight up in the air and disintegrated.

My favorite, John Force, has won 16 world championships and has had his share a phenomenal crashes. Now two of his daughters compete, one in the funny cars and one in the top fuel cars. Their mother must be a nervous wreck! Although she has been around it all their married life.

John came back to race and won another, his 16th world championship in 2013.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think race goers pay to maybe see that happen....

Thankfully, the driver survived the ordeal.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I think race goers pay to maybe see that happen....

Thankfully, the driver survived the ordeal.

Sure.  So what?  How many folks would pay money to see the NFL play flag football?

Maybe it should be outlawed and look at all that air pollution!

Most drivers do survive. Lots of safety factors and the top fuel and funny cars race 1,000 feet now instead of 1,320 feet (1/4 mile).

A good friend of mine races unlimited hydroplanes. Has the highest fatality rate of any sport. People go to see them flip too at 200+ mph too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum