Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your best guess: Will this forum still exist in 10 years?

+2
2seaoat
boards of FL
6 posters

Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? I_vote_lcap50%Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 6 ]
Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? I_vote_lcap50%Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat

A simple billboard ad directing folks to this site is all that is needed.......a cash purchase of a money order and a phone call to Mr. Salter......done deal.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Will there one day be "internet archaeologists" that basically delve deep into old remnants of stored information and one day uncover all of our arguments about the 24 hour political cycle?

2seaoat

I have often thought of writing a simple book on the PNJ forums and if Mike would be able to produce a searchable database of those threads over the 8 years prior to facebook......it would be a best seller.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_Say_the_Darndest_Things

There has been some certifiable stuff on those forums over the years.

2seaoat

I think a screenplay integrating the computer chatter with real life characters would provide a platform to dissect the joyous human condition.

I think it will depend upon whether you are able to be fair or not.

2seaoat

I think it will depend upon whether you are able to be fair or not.

sniff...sniff....sniff....I think I smell a puddy cat.

PkrBum wrote:I think it will depend upon whether you are able to be fair or not.

Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMgEg68Q6RscA5eJUPrAyvLL6sDQpT4UGFuHoskBnIDxe5cFt1VQ

Boards hasn't been fair since he started this forum.

I wouldn't expect him to change but I do enjoy watching him and other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals squirm or simply refuse to reply.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34bjwt_RBeA

Smile 

2seaoat wrote:I think it will depend upon whether you are able to be fair or not.

You are the twerp standing behind authority... nothing new there for anyone that reads this forum... suck up.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think it will depend upon whether you are able to be fair or not.

You are the twerp standing behind authority... nothing new there for anyone that reads this forum... suck up.

And you are the skid mark in the figurative libertarian underpants.

Personally, I prefer 2seaoat's position.

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Then ban me asshole. I'd rather be deleted than subjected to your subjective whims. Otherwise... I'll speak my mind in-bounds in which ever section I please. If you move my posts again I will leave voluntarily... start with this one.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Then ban me asshole. I'd rather be deleted than subjected to your subjective whims. Otherwise... I'll speak my mind in-bounds in which ever section I please. If you move my posts again I will leave voluntarily... start with this one.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Will there one day be "internet archaeologists" that basically delve deep into old remnants of stored information and one day uncover all of our arguments about the 24 hour political cycle?

That's a very thought provoking question, boards.

This forum will be like one needle in a thousand haystacks. Actually it won't even be that. Because at some point it will likely die and unless our "needle" has some reason to be preserved, it won't even be in the thousand haystacks any longer. Any record of all that's been written here will just disappear.

But will the beginnings of what is now termed "social media" in general be examined by archaeologists of the future?
I don't think there's any question about that. I think what will be recognized is that the advent of the internet gave humanity the most significant change in how we communicate since the invention of written language. Or at least the printing press.
Historians of today study everything which immediately followed the invention of the printing press. And the invention of the internet will be no different.

I highly doubt it. this forums main characters are old and older. I see it as we tick down, the forum ticks down because I don't see any real effort from the lookers to be a participant. And I don't want to hear the excuse for the lookers that oh but its scary to come on here with y'all. tuff shit. there are times when things are slow in here, the on lookers still do not participate.

so NO is my best guess.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think the better question is what the country and the world will be like in ten years. Or 20 or 50 years.

It all hinges on one man, Barack Hussein Obama. His very existence has ruined everything in the world and set the world back by about 500 years.
But Rafael Edward Cruz and Sarah Heath Palin, with the help of Rush Hudson Limbaugh, may be able to bring the world back from the Obama dark ages and restore it to greatness.
We'll just have to wait and see.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? Canvas10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If I go down then I'm gonna take whoever done it down with me.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I would tell you to turn the other cheek but i know where that would wind up...

Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmS5kmQ4LZq7OZHHS1wk-nZW2GGj8dE63qGcOBapDzhJ_zZ6tI

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLAr-WlxMZY

Smile 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? Break_width_600x

Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLpK8G7WPQHcMyKSJwPMtGnCaePuIX-0IyKO7ITJcjzJ-5YCer

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ze1uMtFVE

Very Happy 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

boards of FL wrote:Your best guess:  Will this forum still exist in 10 years?

Quit trying to scare the old people, Boards.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I have often thought of writing a simple book on the PNJ forums and if Mike would be able to produce a searchable database of those threads over the 8 years prior to facebook......it would be a best seller.  

I volunteer to edit that book.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I have often thought of writing a simple book on the PNJ forums and if Mike would be able to produce a searchable database of those threads over the 8 years prior to facebook......it would be a best seller.  

I volunteer to edit that book.

Be sure and put a chapter in there about the big meltdown. That's when amway got off his meds and blew the whole thing up. And then we went down to the Ft. Myers newspaper message board and amway followed us down there and those Ft. Myers people ran us all back north. lol

cool1

cool1

Bob wrote:If I go down then I'm gonna take whoever done it down with me.

Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum