Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

50 Years Ago the Beatles Burst Upon the American Scene

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

At the end of 1963, virtually no one in America had heard of the Beatles. Yet on Feb. 9, 1964, they drew the largest TV audience in history -- 73 million viewers -- when they appeared on "The Ed Sullivan Show." How could such a conquest have occurred so quickly? I once asked my friend Lenny Kaye that question, and he answered: "Everybody was ready for the '60s to begin." There's some truth to that, but of course there's much more to the story. The explosion of the Beatles in America was the result of combined forces -- artistic, social and technological -- as well as persistence, showbiz rivalries and more than a bit of luck. So how did it happen that the Beatles came out of nowhere to become the biggest cultural sensation ever, in six weeks?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My favorite Beatles tune was Got To Get You Into My Life...love that toon.

2seaoat

All my loving.........
I was the president of my sixth grade class and the PTA had us do a lip sync as the four beatles....I believe I was George as we did our concert in front of the whole grade school. In later years my daughter's second grade teacher who was invisible to me as a sixth grader told me she had a crush on me since grade school, and mentioned that "concert " and shared bus rides where she remained utterly invisible as she was three years younger as I was totally embarassed by the moment, but appreciated the power of the Beatles releasing female sexual feelings........one of the greatest moments with my daughter was after this very uncomfortable conversation at the parent teacher conference where once we were in the hall she leaped into my arms and gave dad the biggest hug I ever got from her.......I guess I was ok afterall........however, my wife in the car let out a comment......so I married a Beatle.......what a disappointment.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Me and one of my girlfriends sang that karaoke a while back not a very good recording though.

2seaoat

You have a gift which brings you happiness and happiness to others...you have your own answer, it is no mystery. Stay the course and share that joy, but be wary of the shoals and rocks which you too often needlessly navigate.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:You have a gift which brings you happiness and happiness to others...you have your own answer, it is no mystery.  Stay the course and share that joy, but be wary of the shoals and rocks which you too often needlessly navigate.

Thanks seaoat, we are all multifaceted people. Life does that. Shine on you crazy diamond...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum