Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former Reagan OMB Director on Ryan Budget - "Fairy Tale" and "Empty Conservative Sermon"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Ouch!

The Ryan Plan boils down to a fetish for cutting the top marginal income-tax rate for “job creators” — i.e. the superwealthy — to 25 percent and paying for it with an as-yet-undisclosed plan to broaden the tax base. Of the $1 trillion in so-called tax expenditures that the plan would attack, the vast majority would come from slashing popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, 401(k) accounts, state and local taxes, charitable giving and the like, not to mention low rates on capital gains and dividends.

…In short, Mr. Ryan’s plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. And it couldn’t pass even if Republicans were to take the presidency and both houses of Congress. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan have no plan to take on Wall Street, the Fed, the military-industrial complex, social insurance or the nation’s fiscal calamity and no plan to revive capitalist prosperity — just empty sermons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/opinion/paul-ryans-fairy-tale-budget-plan.html?_r=1

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sorry, Sal. I didn't notice you had posted this already. Above is the column in its entirety.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
Sorry, Sal. I didn't notice you had posted this already. Above is the column in its entirety.

No prob, TX. It's all about being fair and balanced, even if it causes Chrissy to throw a hissy. Laughing

salinsky wrote:Ouch!

The Ryan Plan boils down to a fetish for cutting the top marginal income-tax rate for “job creators” — i.e. the superwealthy — to 25 percent and paying for it with an as-yet-undisclosed plan to broaden the tax base. Of the $1 trillion in so-called tax expenditures that the plan would attack, the vast majority would come from slashing popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, 401(k) accounts, state and local taxes, charitable giving and the like, not to mention low rates on capital gains and dividends.

…In short, Mr. Ryan’s plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. And it couldn’t pass even if Republicans were to take the presidency and both houses of Congress. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan have no plan to take on Wall Street, the Fed, the military-industrial complex, social insurance or the nation’s fiscal calamity and no plan to revive capitalist prosperity — just empty sermons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/opinion/paul-ryans-fairy-tale-budget-plan.html?_r=1

Wow,unbelievable! I'd have no tax breaks if they were to implement that.I might as well sign my check over to the govt. while the wealthy get a 25% tax break? Pure insanity!

salinsky wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

No prob, TX. It's all about being fair and balanced, even if it causes Chrissy to throw a hissy. Laughing

no hissy for you tonight mr Evil or Very Mad

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Did anyone bother to bring smores?

Oh, I guess not. Lets ask the government to send us some.

ghandi wrote:Did anyone bother to bring smores?

Oh, I guess not. Lets ask the government to send us some.

I ask for my free bag of marshmellos last week and they sent me cotton balls Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum